Using Surround view camera and needing homelink

yankees757

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Range Rover, AudiSQ5
Country flag
Has anyone figured out the right balance to switch between the rearview / surround view cameras and needing to access the homeland to close a garage door? I find myself using the camera, backing up some, switching to homelink screen (via a customized quick access button), closing the garage, then switching back to the camera. Lots of work and extra time just to back out of driveway.
Sponsored

fe007

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, iPace, BMW 428i
Country flag
Has anyone figured out the right balance to switch between the rearview / surround view cameras and needing to access the homeland to close a garage door? I find myself using the camera, backing up some, switching to homelink screen (via a customized quick access button), closing the garage, then switching back to the camera. Lots of work and extra time just to back out of driveway.
+1

This is really annoying. I can't even get to the Homelink screen without putting the car in park. My quick access button is configured to go to Homelink but won't work while the reverse camera is active. Love the car, but having to put your car in park while backing out just to shut the garage is really poor UX design. @louv, do you use Homelink and have you found this to be an issue?

RRVV17

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, GLS580
Country flag
I set the diamond favorites button on the steering wheel to Homelink. It directly opens/closes the garage and, therefore, no longer competes with the camera. Otherwise you are right this is annoying.

fe007

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, iPace, BMW 428i
Country flag
I set the diamond favorites button on the steering wheel to Homelink. It directly opens/closes the garage and, therefore, no longer competes with the camera. Otherwise you are right this is annoying.
Hmm, I wonder if that's because you only have 1 door programmed? I didn't see a way to select which door it should open/close. I suspect if you have only 1 programmed the button will activate the door, otherwise it will just bring up Homelink which is not possible if the camera is active.

RRVV17

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, GLS580
Country flag
Hmm, I wonder if that's because you only have 1 door programmed? I didn't see a way to select which door it should open/close. I suspect if you have only 1 programmed the button will activate the door, otherwise it will just bring up Homelink which is not possible if the camera is active.
You may be right. I've only set up one of the doors and it doesn't even bring up the homelink screen when I use it. It directly opens/closes the door. It may be different if you set up more than one door.

OP
OP
yankees757

yankees757

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Range Rover, AudiSQ5
Country flag
You may be right. I've only set up one of the doors and it doesn't even bring up the homelink screen when I use it. It directly opens/closes the door. It may be different if you set up more than one door.
That's right - I also have a button programmed, but when you have more than one (I have two - but will need three when the pandemic ends) it brings up the homelink screen instead of the surround view
Sponsored