First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4s
Country flag
Hi Everyone,
Swapping my Tesla Model S for a CT4S. I asked my PC if I could use my existing Tesla home charger (7kw, wall mount, type 2 connector). The answer given was... "er, I think so..."
Anyone had any experience of the above?
Thanks !
Sponsored

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi Everyone,
Swapping my Tesla Model S for a CT4S. I asked my PC if I could use my existing Tesla home charger (7kw, wall mount, type 2 connector). The answer given was... "er, I think so..."
Thanks !
for UK - I don’t think a Tap is necessary but I could be wrong…US you need an adapter.

vmporsche

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi Everyone,
Thanks !
I do this, using a TeslaTap mini, however, I have mixed feelings about the TeslaTap because it failed already after about six months and support was not great- they immediately said it couldn't be the adapter, then charged me shipping both ways for the repair.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Hi Everyone,
Thanks !
If you have the type 2 Connection on the Tesla Wall Connector, it works just as well as any other type 2 EVSE, PMCC etc. I use mine all the time. However I can not get my Tesla Mobile charger to work with the Taycan, but that is a minor issue.

In Europe there is no need for an adapter as long as you have the type 2 connector.

artdept

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
t -model 3, Dodge Coin Style Model Y, white taycan
Country flag
on the recommendation of the electrician , we installed a junction box (plus extra 110 outlet for a radio or power washer) outside so i could plug in the tesla mobile charger that come with the tesla to charge our teslas. when the taycan came i bought a standard size tesla tap and it works great. I can use it on either side of the which is also nice. I wonder how many people actually use the tesla mobile charge that comes with thecar. probably 1 in 50? the charger will charge each car full in 8 hours or less. Amnyone want to buy a unused porsche charger with extra big housing?

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have a v2 Tesla wall charger pulling 60 AMPS which I used with my now gone Model S and I use the TeslaTap adapter for the Taycan. Works perfectly and charges the car lickedy-split.

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have a v2 Tesla wall charger pulling 60 AMPS which I used with my now gone Model S and I use the TeslaTap adapter for the Taycan. Works perfectly and charges the car lickedy-split.
I have a V2 Tesla wall charger as well. Which TeslaTap adapter did you buy?

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
which TeslaTap to buy?
  • if you have a standard onboard charger you should purchase a 60 amp TeslaTap
  • if you have a 19.2 kW onboard charger you must purchase a 80 amp TeslaTap
  • if you think about it a TeslaTap is _NOT_ Taycan specific and you may use it for other EV’s in the future which may have 19.2 kW chargers (GMC Hummer, Rivian, Lucid air, Ford 150, etc…) buy it once and get the 80 amp version so you‘re always covered regardless of which vehicle you are using it with…

Last edited: