Vaporware salesman Elon

SWORDER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
A lot of the comments here mention that he has Aspergers. Not denying that's true but I thought Aspergers types were severely introverted, whereas Musk seems to crave being the center of attention, thus the strange tweets, behaving poorly on podcasts, the whole "look at me and how edgy and unpredictable I am" act, etc.

I always had him pegged for more of an attention-seeking narcissist than an Aspergers dude, but hey, what do I know?

That said, not sure if there'd even be a Taycan without Tesla -- so there's that.

Last edited:

TycanNewHampshire

First Name
TG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan 4S
Country flag
"survives thermo-nuclear explosion......" even if true, the EMP from the blast will make it inoperable.
This guy is such a hype-artist and I can't help but believe that all Tesla owners are shills that have the placebo effect that their snake oil actually works. I believe!

Alemany

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
McLaren 600LT, Nissan GTR, Tesla P100D, MiniCooper Cooper limited edition, Taycan Turbo S (ordered), Giulia Quadrafoglio
Country flag
We can laugh and criticize him all we want, but fact is he changed the world for the better. They all laughed when he launched a fast EV. *ALL* the car companies ridiculed him, heck some are still doing it, but *NONE* of them did what he did. And now they are all playing catch up, some of them actually pretending they invented the fast EV (Ford with his "we are not followers" Mustang EV ads). Yes, he is the king of vaporware because he has a horizon more ambitious than his company's ability to deliver. Yet look where we are. We love our Taycan, which would not have happened if he didn't slap the car companies in the face. Mock him all you want, he laughs all the way to the bank, and he made your (our) lives better, like it or not.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
We can laugh and criticize him all we want, but fact is he changed the world for the better. They all laughed when he launched a fast EV. *ALL* the car companies ridiculed him, heck some are still doing it, but *NONE* of them did what he did. And now they are all playing catch up, some of them actually pretending they invented the fast EV (Ford with his "we are not followers" Mustang EV ads). Yes, he is the king of vaporware because he has a horizon more ambitious than his company's ability to deliver. Yet look where we are. We love our Taycan, which would not have happened if he didn't slap the car companies in the face. Mock him all you want, he laughs all the way to the bank, and he made your (our) lives better, like it or not.
I agree, he is a visionary that delivered however he has also over promised underdelivered, he (tesla) pulled some real shady bait and switches, see s90, or FSD.
so while he did revolutionize the EV market he has also done some not so good things business wise.

DGT

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 Targa 4S, '21 Cayenne S, '21 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Agree - visionary, but his narcissism gets him in trouble trying to run a business. They've done amazing things at SpaceX as well - and since it's not as much a public-facing business he can't screw that up the same way from a PR perspective. But still amazing stuff. Just wish he'd tone it down a lot, and that Tesla bros would stop drinking quite as much of the KoolAid.

Alemany

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
McLaren 600LT, Nissan GTR, Tesla P100D, MiniCooper Cooper limited edition, Taycan Turbo S (ordered), Giulia Quadrafoglio
Country flag
I agree, he is a visionary that delivered however he has also over promised underdelivered, he (tesla) pulled some real shady bait and switches, see s90, or FSD.
so while he did revolutionize the EV market he has also done some not so good things business wise.
I had two Teslas over 6 years and got tired of the lies and crap so I moved to TAYCAN which is a monumentally better car in spite of the crappy software. But I will always thank him for breaking the EV ceiling.

Alemany

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Agree - visionary, but his narcissism gets him in trouble trying to run a business. They've done amazing things at SpaceX as well - and since it's not as much a public-facing business he can't screw that up the same way from a PR perspective. But still amazing stuff. Just wish he'd tone it down a lot, and that Tesla bros would stop drinking quite as much of the KoolAid.
Agree! Tho we have the TAYCAN Kool aid here. . ??

DGT

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 Targa 4S, '21 Cayenne S, '21 Taycan 4S
Country flag
There's more negative on this forum than positive..... You won't find Tesla bros doing that....

OP
OP
kreshi

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
There's more negative on this forum than positive..... You won't find Tesla bros doing that....
Tesla builds perfect cars. Nothing to cry about. Best ever!

manitou202

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S, Audi E-tron
Country flag
I like Tesla as a company, and I generally like Tesla vehicles. I would include any Tesla in my list of vehicles to recommend to someone interested in buying an EV.

What I don't like is the over promises from Elon. I also don't like Elon in general (mostly related to his Twitter posts. Yes I know that's petty). I believe Tesla pushes the ethical limits on claims related to vehicle range, charging times, and some of their general capabilities.

But the biggest turn off is Tesla fanboys. I've met plenty of Ford, Chevy, Porsche, Ferrari, etc fanboys in the past, but Tesla fanboys seem to be the worst. They incessantly defend every claim, design decision, and word out of Tesla and Elon's mouth regardless of the facts. It's exhausting trying to have a conversation with any of them, which I now try to avoid whenever possible.

Ultimately I believe Tesla will grow to be one of the largest automakers. On par with Ford or GM. I don't believe FSD (from any company) will truly exist at level 5 for at least another decade. Tesla's single biggest advantage today is charging infrastructure, but it's only a matter of time before general public infrastructure dwarfs anything from a single company. Tesla is ahead when it comes to software, but I don't see an advantage when it comes to batteries or general vehicle design. Ford, VW Group, GM, Lucid, Nio, BMW, Hyundai and several others will catch Tesla in technology over the next few years, and in many respects already have. People regularly forget the R&D capabilities, enormous talent, and manufacturing output of the legacy automakers. Some will die out (Toyota and Honda for example see to be dropping the ball) but they are giants that will quickly adapt and catch up.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
...and he made your (our) lives better, like it or not.
He didn't! My MS90D is j... All manufacturers selling EVs only because of regulatory pressure from the Chinese gov - and later the EU. That's why even Toyota has EV in China on the road!

Porsche Taycan Vaporware salesman Elon 1625719655764

Porsche Taycan Vaporware salesman Elon 1625719774042

Dashcam quality is lacking...

GG77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Cayenne S
Country flag
Ultimately I believe Tesla will grow to be one of the largest automakers. On par with Ford or GM.
Depending on the metric e.g market cap, it already is but yeah, have to agree.
Sponsored