VAT - wonder if this might be reduced in a way that effects Taycans

DavidE- Bath

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Golf GTD mk 7, Ferrari 599 GTB, Ferrari 360 Spider, Ferrari 328 GTS, Bentley Continental Flying Spur, Land Rover Defender 110, Tygan/Chesil Speedster
Country flag
Hi
Reading the papers today it seems a reduction in VAT may be being considered.
Whether it would be done in a way to avoid it benefiting new Taycans I don’t know, but thinking I’d like to see if anything is announced before taking delivery even if that pushes things out a week or two (if I’m very lucky and my car is on the next boat).
Interested in others thoughts.
cheers
David
Sponsored

awharton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS, Mercedes EQC400
Country flag
Looks highly likely they will temporarily reduce VAT to 17% or 15% across the board from early July to boost sales. Likely won’t get our cars before then even if they are on the next boat so could be a silver lining after all...

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
There’s also a petition to get the automobile industry moving across Europe. We might see zero vat on EV in the future.

OP
OP

DavidE- Bath

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Golf GTD mk 7, Ferrari 599 GTB, Ferrari 360 Spider, Ferrari 328 GTS, Bentley Continental Flying Spur, Land Rover Defender 110, Tygan/Chesil Speedster
Country flag
There’s also a petition to get the automobile industry moving across Europe. We might see zero vat on EV in the future.
That’s a great thought for the next purchase but a bit concerning re resale prices of this one.

jetbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
Interesting times, not sure what to think but with a car due within the next month this could change things quite a bit....

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Wow - Please all push back your deliveries so that my car can remain one of the very few on UK roads for the foreseeable future and I can carry on enjoying all the attention the car is currently getting wherever I go :D

Rumours are strong of the VAT dropping to 17% which on my car equates to s saving £3105 on a list price of £103,500. Even if it dropped to 15% that's a saving of £5000. Not that a big deal as many of you are making it out to be? Or am I missing something!?

I got £3500 on the Govt Grant anyway which many buying at this stage won't get.

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Now that would be VERY doubtful indeed as it would cause ripples to used car prices across the board.

jetbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
Wow - Please all push back your deliveries so that my car can remain one of the very few on UK roads for the foreseeable future and I can carry on enjoying all the attention the car is currently getting wherever I go :D

Rumours are strong of the VAT dropping to 17% which on my car equates to s saving £3105 on a list price of £103,500. Even if it dropped to 15% that's a saving of £5000. Not that a big deal as many of you are making it out to be? Or am I missing something!?

I got £3500 on the Govt Grant anyway which many buying at this stage won't get.
Not a big deal but 5k off will make a good deposit for the next one :)

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Not a big deal but 5k off will make a good deposit for the next one :)
Yes, the next one without the Government Grant - it's the same game - open one door and close the other. Governments have been doing this for years.

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Now that would be VERY doubtful indeed as it would cause ripples to used car prices across the board.
Agreed, but to save £20k ish on my car would be very nice indeed! Knowing my luck I’ll have paid and the next day they make the announcement! Lol

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Agreed, but to save £20k ish on my car would be very nice indeed! Knowing my luck I’ll have paid and the next day they make the announcement! Lol
Haha I know what you mean. Is your car being bought via a company or privately. With the WDA we save 20% year one anyway if a company car. If solely a company car half the VAT is also claimable.

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Haha I know what you mean. Is your car being bought via a company or privately. With the WDA we save 20% year one anyway if a company car. If solely a company car half the VAT is also claimable.
Company. So yes I’ll get the 20% WDA but I’d also like the 20% reduction in VAT as I’m Scottish and very frugal! Lol

snb7x

First Name
Bertie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Porsche Macan S, Z4 3.0i Conv, VW Golf & Taycan Turbo (awaited)
Country flag
Company. So yes I’ll get the 20% WDA but I’d also like the 20% reduction in VAT as I’m Scottish and very frugal! Lol
Not company but qualified for the OLEV £3500 grant and because I’ll buy it outright with little scope for claiming any business use I’ll grab every penny of price reduction Im entitled to - thank you HMRC ... you’ve got plenty of tax off me over 35/40 years

paddypony

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i8
Country flag
Not company but qualified for the OLEV £3500 grant and because I’ll buy it outright with little scope for claiming any business use I’ll grab every penny of price reduction Im entitled to - thank you HMRC ... you’ve got plenty of tax off me over 35/40 years
Agreed. Karma lol
Sponsored