flickroll

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
My car was dropped off from the Siem Confucius at Davisville yesterday, and the subject line is the current status of the car. Does anyone have an idea what this means? Thanks
Sponsored

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Sounds like something you might want to call dealer about. Could be they are updating everything with some fix before delivery.

OP
OP
flickroll

flickroll

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Sounds like something you might want to call dealer about. Could be they are updating everything with some fix before delivery.
Stopped by the dealer earlier today and they have no clue what it means. If it’s a software update that is great. But if it is damage in transit that is not good. Wondering if anyone else ever seen this and if so what was the outcome. One possibility is it is to take care of the ground recall that was noted in Lou’s thread about fixing a ground point.

Last edited:

ceresma

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S90D 2015
Country flag
My car was dropped off from the Siem Confucius at Davisville yesterday, and the subject line is the current status of the car. Does anyone have an idea what this means? Thanks
I’m not sure I understand where you are seeing this. Mine is on a boat now (I think) although my status hasn’t changed in 4 weeks. (At port Emden).

OP
OP
flickroll

flickroll

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I’m not sure I understand where you are seeing this. Mine is on a boat now (I think) although my status hasn’t changed in 4 weeks. (At port Emden).
The info came from my Sales Advisor‘s computer screen. He took the pictures of the status page and messaged them to me today. Your Sales Advisor can do the same, if he/she is willing to.

After Confucius dropped off cars at Davisville this week, the only 2 ships I am aware of that are headed to the eastern US are Siem Cicero which is currently on the high seas, and the Bishu Highway which will be departing Emden soon. If your vehicle is currently in transit, then it is on the Cicero.

if anyone on this forum had a Taycan dropped at Davisville this week, please let me know your vehicle status, so I will know if the quality issue affects all Taycans (recall?), or mine only. Thanks

Porsche Taycan Vehicle Location: Port Handling - Quality Action 11338187-CC86-4EF2-90A6-3E107D4EFCA0

Last edited:

ceresma

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S90D 2015
Country flag
The info came from my Sales Advisor‘s computer screen. He took the pictures of the status page and messaged them to me today. Your Sales Advisor can do the same, if he/she is willing to.

After Confucius dropped off cars at Davisville this week, the only 2 ships I am aware of that are headed to the eastern US are Siem Cicero which is currently on the high seas, and the Bishu Highway which will be departing Emden soon. If your vehicle is currently in transit, then it is on the Cicero.

if anyone on this forum had a Taycan dropped at Davisville this week, please let me know your vehicle status, so I will know if the quality issue affects all Taycans (recall?), or mine only. Thanks
Thanks for clarifying. Please let us know the outcome
Mark
11338187-CC86-4EF2-90A6-3E107D4EFCA0.jpeg

OP
OP
flickroll

flickroll

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
So I called Porsche customer care and a very nice lady looked up my vehicle. She went away and after a pretty long while came back and said that for every shipment some cars are randomly pulled for a quality assurance inspection, and my car was one of them. She said it is scheduled to be released for shipment tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

OP
OP
flickroll

flickroll

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Things are looking up. Car is out of ‘quality action’ Purgatory and is supposedly on a truck. Porsche system says delivery at dealership today but I’d be surprised if it got here before Monday, especially considering it is the weekend of Independence Day.

OP
OP
flickroll

flickroll

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
My car was stuck in ‘quality action’ at Davisville for 7 days, although they didn't ‘work’ on the car until the last day or two. My sales advisor was able to contact the Davisville port manager who replied, in part:

“Port Quality Actions are applied and cleared by the German Quality Team. PAG will not share any information other than the block until they confirm exactly what needs to be inspected. Once received by the PCNA Team, it is shared with the ports and we proceed as quickly as possible.”

So it appears there was no damage, but rather a production issue the team in Germany knew about when the car was shipped. Perhaps something like the blocked night vision camera (due to the wrong trim piece installed) that happened to someone else on this forum. In any event here’s the current status :cool:

Porsche Taycan Vehicle Location: Port Handling - Quality Action 17BDEC73-0C1A-4C89-B5EF-EF04F72BEE11

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
The cars are driven off the ship. No cranes.