Vehicle service contract

Indeo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
My dealer is offering me a vehicle service contract that extends warranty to 6 yrs or 60,000 miles. It’s by JM&A and covers “parts and labor on covered repairs, towing, rental. Ensures your vehicle has necessary repairs without costing out of pocket money”. The charge is $4825.

They are also offering a Porsche Scheduled Maintenance Plan for the same period of time for $4675.

This is $9k for a few more years of warranty and maintenance coverage. But realistically, I’m not gonna be servicing my car at a local Pep Boys.

So, is this worth it? Isn’t the vehicle already covered for the first 4 years? Has anyone bargained this down?
Sponsored

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
For me, no.

The car is covered for 4 years/50K miles.
The HV battery 8 years/80K miles.

The 20K service intervals are pretty basic. (Pollen filter, brake flush, wiper blades, top off windshield fluid.)

On an ICE Porsche with expensive "minor service" intervals and very expensive "major service" intervals, maybe it would be worth it...but I can't see it on an EV.

The one exception I would make: if you get PSCB or ceramic brakes, this service package is worth it IF AND ONLY IF brake pads/rotors/labor are included. Since those are wear items I doubt they would be.

Wakesurfer

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2023 YukonXL, 2024 Macan S
Country flag
My dealer is offering me a vehicle service contract that extends warranty to 6 yrs or 60,000 miles. It’s by JM&A and covers “parts and labor on covered repairs, towing, rental. Ensures your vehicle has necessary repairs without costing out of pocket money”. The charge is $4825.

They are also offering a Porsche Scheduled Maintenance Plan for the same period of time for $4675.

This is $9k for a few more years of warranty and maintenance coverage. But realistically, I’m not gonna be servicing my car at a local Pep Boys.

So, is this worth it? Isn’t the vehicle already covered for the first 4 years? Has anyone bargained this down?
I cannot remember the exact numbers, but I passed on all of the 'extra' service contracts when I purchased my car. Couple of thoughts................Even for a Porsche $9,000 will pay for a lot of repairs - I would rather take my chances that nothing happens in years 4-6 and I still have the $9,000 in my pocket to pay for stuff that does happen. Will you keep your car for more than 4 years? I typically do but I have yet to own any vehicle where the cost to own it after the initial warranty runs out equals or exceeds the cost of any additional warranty's/extensions. You have to remember that warranty companies make money when the cost of services paid for under the warranty is LESS than the amount of premium paid for the warranty. Not everyone is going to have $9,000 in expenses in years 4-6 but some will. The average though has to be less than $9,000 per vehicle otherwise there is no reason for any warranty company to offer a product. My little bitty pea brain thoughts anyhow.

bah1590

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4
Country flag
Wow, that seems really expensive! You are just getting 2 years and 10K miles extra for $4825 and service intervals are only every 2 years. I can't imagine 6 years of service is going to be much more than $4675. I would save the money and take my chances with the warranty and pay out of pocket for the services. Who knows maybe you won't even keep it for 6 years.

TxnBluDvl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
JM&A is Fidelity. There are a ton of places that sell these policies for much less. Take a look at some of the threads on the other major Porsche forum for some vendors who can help you out, if you’re interested in having one.

Sponsored