bwt

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Does anyone know if the Porsche Vehicle Tracking System is ‘Thatcham approved’. My insurance renewal gets a lot cheaper if it is! Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Morning.
I can’t find the thread now, but I’ve read on here that Vodafone also have the ability to immobilise the car if you have an active PTVS. Does that make it a proper immobiliser?

Change of insurer approaching and I think Admiral can be quite fierce if you misspeak on policy details etc. no mention of thatcham or whatever on insurer website.

So short question, should I be clicking the
Tracker drop down or the Tracker and immobiliser tab?
Cheers.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Morning.
I can’t find the thread now, but I’ve read on here that Vodafone also have the ability to immobilise the car if you have an active PTVS. Does that make it a proper immobiliser?

Change of insurer approaching and I think Admiral can be quite fierce if you misspeak on policy details etc. no mention of thatcham or whatever on insurer website.

So short question, should I be clicking the
Tracker drop down or the Tracker and immobiliser tab?
Cheers.
The latter. When subscribed to PVTS you can download an activation certificate for insurance purposes from My Porsche website - Car Security Package. Rating is Thatcham S5.

S5 incorporates Automatic Driver Recognition (ADR) i.e. the driver card / tracker fob.

S7 doesn't have an ADR or remote immobilisation therefore making S5 better.

The car has an immobiliser as standard and separate to the tracker. Hard to buy a new car these days which doesn't have a standard immobiliser.

PVTS is a tracker with various features which are user configurable and others which only Vodafone can access such as remote immobilisation (under express permission from the Police and so a rare occurrence).
Sponsored

Last edited: