Miami Max

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Is there a way to verify when an automatic software update has been received by a 2020 Taycan?
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Not easily. Check the Notifications area as they are generally flagged there but may not show a historical log and therefore transient in nature.

You can check the overall software release and patch level of the PCM which may be of limited help.

Dealer could help / advise here or dare I say it the Technical Team.

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Other than map updates, what makes you think there have been any other OTA software updates?

I do see a short confirmation when a map update has been installed.

Tonytones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S; Volvo xc90; Audi R8
Country flag
Other than map updates, what makes you think there have been any other OTA software updates?

I do see a short confirmation when a map update has been installed.
Same here, so far I've only seen map updates OTA

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
On my first day with the car last week I had 12 OTA updates pending – for things like Infotainment, Apple Music, Lyrics, Calendar, etc.

Looks like dealer didn't update them as part of new car preparation – so updates for the "apps" do seem to come over-the-air – if not too frequently.

Alemany

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
McLaren 600LT, Nissan GTR, Tesla P100D, MiniCooper Cooper limited edition, Taycan Turbo S (ordered), Giulia Quadrafoglio
Country flag
On my first day with the car last week I had 12 OTA updates pending – for things like Infotainment, Apple Music, Lyrics, Calendar, etc.

Looks like dealer didn't update them as part of new car preparation – so updates for the "apps" do seem to come over-the-air – if not too frequently.
Identical here - had 11 updates waiting to install when I picked up my car. Then yesterday I had an update for voice controls and I was away so I did nothing planning to do it when I got home and by the time I got home it disappeared. Dont know if it vanished or if it was installed without me initiating it.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

Is it not the case that many of the OTA updates that we (MY21) have received can't be performed by the dealer prior to collection as they are unique to your primary Porsche Connect ID and dependent on the services specified / purchased for the PCM?

For this to work you must be logged in with your ID and password (which your dealer won't / shouldn't have).
Sponsored