Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
I just saw that a couple of hours ago the new version 4.5 of the Connect App was released for iOS. I cannot judge whether there are noteworthy functional changes in practical use because my OTS module got fried during the recent software update and the replacement part from Germany is still at US Customs. Anyone else out there notices any differences worth mentioning?
Sponsored

ColoradoTaycan

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2015 GT3
Country flag
I haven't noticed any differences with it. Maybe getting it ready for the iOS14.5 release next week?

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
release notes say:

”minor bug fixes and improvements” - I’m thinking we’re not meant to see any differences just a clean up release.

OP
OP
Kingske

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
release notes say:

”minor bug fixes and improvements” - I’m thinking we’re not meant to see any differences just a clean up release.
Correct, but I was intrigued by the rather round 4.5 version numbering (rather than 4.4.8.7 or something) which might suggest something more than clean-up. I am probably too optimistic. On the other hand, I just got a message from the dealer that my new OTA module is in, so I do have reasons to be optimistic.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
On the other hand, I just got a message from the dealer that my new OTA module is in, so I do have reasons to be optimistic.
Hopefully, they have learned from whatever my dealer went through with provisioning the module. It took 71 days for me to get my car back from when they physically installed the new one! ?

Raek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, E92 M3, Wrangler TJ
Country flag
Hopefully, they have learned from whatever my dealer went through with provisioning the module. It took 71 days for me to get my car back from when they physically installed the new one! ?
Oh man....what dealership were you using? My car's at Huntington since Monday, and I haven't heard a peep from them.
Sponsored