Botox

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Cayenne TGT, 20 Taycan TurboS, 22 M5c
Country flag
The drive from southern Colorado to Breckenridge from my area is around 120 miles uphill., many curves, very demanding. I also own a Raven model S performance, with 300 mile range. Usually have around 90 miles left on that car when I arrive. I took the Taycan for the first time on that drive, kept it in range mode most of the time, driving around 70-75 mph for majority of the way, and arrived with 90 miles of range left. Very impresssed. The range numbers are real, car is very efficient. EPA 192 mile range Is BS. The more I drive it, the car gets a reliable 250 range on flat normal roads. I also preferred the handling in the twisties to my previous 911 turbo S and Panamera turbo S eHybrid. Wonderful machine!
Sponsored

flickroll

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
The drive from southern Colorado to Breckenridge from my area is around 120 miles uphill., many curves, very demanding. I also own a Raven model S performance, with 300 mile range. Usually have around 90 miles left on that car when I arrive. I took the Taycan for the first time on that drive, kept it in range mode most of the time, driving around 70-75 mph for majority of the way, and arrived with 90 miles of range left. Very impresssed. The range numbers are real, car is very efficient. EPA 192 mile range Is BS. The more I drive it, the car gets a reliable 250 range on flat normal roads. I also preferred the handling in the twisties to my previous 911 turbo S and Panamera turbo S eHybrid. Wonderful machine!
And by all accounts the car has about zero vampire drain unlike the Tesla. So for me, using the Taycan as my DD, I should be charging it less than I did my MS. Vampire drain in that car drove me nuts.

thecoloradokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan CT4s + 2023 Rivian R1T
Country flag

I am glad to see another person enjoying the Colorado Mountains in their Taycan. I had an amazing day yesterday running up to Aspen from Denver. Did you have trouble charging at the EA location in Frisco? I had to try 5 different ones before the EA support team could get one working for me to charge. If there is one thing holding back complete enjoyment of the car, it is the unreliability of the EA charging network.

OP
OP

Botox

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Cayenne TGT, 20 Taycan TurboS, 22 M5c
Country flag
Yes, only 1 350 charger worked and required a phone call. Good customer service, hopefully the reliability will improve. I’ve also used Pueblo and Colorado Sprngs, also phone calls usually necessary.

Td78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Did you have trouble charging at the EA location in Frisco?
Chargers 3 and 4 have not been working for the last two weeks. Is quite disappointing. People were waiting to use one of the two functioning chargers. Hoping this lack of maintenance is only due to part supply or something and will return to normal in a post-Corona world.

flickroll

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Chargers 3 and 4 have not been working for the last two weeks. Is quite disappointing. People were waiting to use one of the two functioning chargers. Hoping this lack of maintenance is only due to part supply or something and will return to normal in a post-Corona world.
I hope what you experienced is a parts problem that will be rectified soon, however my observation of the EA network tells me what you experienced is common. Stopping at a EA charging site is kinda like going to Vegas and throwing dice. If you are really lucky you will find all chargers available. if you are very unlucky none of them will work and you are SOL. The latter would be incredibly bad if you were on a long distance trip. For me, I will plan trips using EA’s network, but will always try to have an ‘out’ with another network available just in case.

Snowbird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 turbo — Taycan turbo S
Country flag
as soon as have my delivery ( October ?) I will travel the 1750 miles ( 2900 km) going to Florida. I did that in 24 hours most of the time ( not with EV). EA must be available to be able to do that again. I do not want to spend a lot of hours charging my Taycan. Cross fingers
Sponsored