Vibration and rattle sounds from the interior . . .

SebastienBeun

First Name
Sebastien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo, 992 Carrera S
Country flag
For the guys with the door panel LED light strip rattles, did you tell the dealer to fix it or did you open the door panel yourself? I have the same issue with the passenger door and I would prefer to fix it myself (have stealership trust issues). From watching the video in the OP, looks like there's this little access panel you pop open at the top door panel. Anyone have instructions?

Edit: found 2 videos on Youtube. Still would be interested to know how to stop the rattles coming from the light strip. Else, I'm just going to pull the panel off and see if I can figure it out myself.
I've asked my dealer to fix it for me. Should be taken care of pretty soon (I hope).
I've actually thought of doing it myself, but I don't want to take the risk of damaging anything (even though the procedure looks simple from the videos I've seen so far).
Sponsored

Oink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+, M3P
Country flag
Porsche Center Son have now fixed all my issues with rattling sounds, and it’s now quiet from those background disturbances. They mounted some vibration lowering material in all the four doors, and also changed a Burmester speaker with had noticeable distortion. As mentioned before, this people are very eager to dig until the find what the problems are and then solve them, even do so in great service with a smile. I really am pleased with this guys, and confident I bought my Porsche the right place.

Never say never I will not have another issue on my Turbo S, as it is with all vehicles on wheels, but I’m confident those matters will be taken care of in the same welcoming way as before . . . I might say usual. This all make my Porsche more enjoyable, when everything is working so smoothly. I don’t think I ever had a car I look forward to drive, as much as I do with this one - I’m one lucky dude :rock:
How long did it take for them to receive the new speaker? Mine are fixed as well, and now I'm just waiting for a new Bose speaker. Forgot to ask how long it would take.

OP
OP
Arno

Arno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S & Tesla Model-S 100D
Country flag
How long did it take for them to receive the new speaker? Mine are fixed as well, and now I'm just waiting for a new Bose speaker. Forgot to ask how long it would take.
If I recall correctly, Porsche Son called me after a week or so and informed me the speker had arrived and wanted to make an appointment for the replacement :like:

OP
OP
Arno

Arno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I spoke with Porsches service technician feb.9th, and he informed that the final backdoor Burmester speaker had arrived. They offered me to replace it already two days later on feb.11th, which I was happy to accept. So after a quick fix yesterday the Burmester system sounds superb from all the 21 speakers, and I can no longer hear any rattle sounds.

Great service from Porsche Center Son once again, and everything is good :clap:

Oink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+, M3P
Country flag
Still haven't gotten the new speaker yet, but I just went for a drive to get some snus... lo and behold the driver-side door is rattling again.

This will be the fourth time I'm in for this, fifth if we count the speaker getting installed. If this happens again after they fix everything on the 17th... ?‍♂ Request new doors? New car?

EDIT: Thought I'd add that the new speaker is for the passenger side, so nothing to do with this new rattle/vibration.

Last edited:

Rob_UK

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Just been out in mine, and I can make the noise happen by just pushing myself back in the seat.

I think I’ve found where it comes from, if you feel down the door side of the seat, right down to the carpet and you feel where the plastic seat cover almost meets the carpet. Just underneath that feels like the seat rail, when you push back in the seat you can feel a small amount of flex, so I think there might be some fixings that allow some play in the seat to help the ride perhaps, but those fixings could also be making the noise. Only a theory.

If it was in one of my other cars I’d probably try to take a better look and inevitably spray some grease in there to see if it helped. Not keen on risking getting grease on the brand new carpets in this car though for some reason. It can be my dealer’s problem!
Hi I have exactly the same issue with seat and can make it creak by pushing back. Stops if lowered all the way to the bottom. Or if I make small adjustments when not lowered all the way the creak stops for a little while then returns.

Did Porsche fix it for you?

RG2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Golf R Estate, Golf VR6, Corrado VR6
Country flag
Hi I have exactly the same issue with seat and can make it creak by pushing back. Stops if lowered all the way to the bottom. Or if I make small adjustments when not lowered all the way the creak stops for a little while then returns.

Did Porsche fix it for you?
They told me they had when I collected it. They definitely identified the noise in their investigation.

They said it was the seat rubbing on the bump stops, so they greased something. It seemed ok at first but by the time I was back home it had just started again. Now a couple of weeks later it's back just as bad as it was before.

My car is due back in once the spoiler recall comes out, so I'm planning to wait until then to ask them to have another go at the seat. So unfortunately I'm not much help at the moment.

I'm sure it's got something to do with the way the seat flexes when you push back in it, with my hand at the base of the back of the seat I can definitely feel it move up & down slightly.

If I remember this weekend I'll move the seat all the way up & forward to see what visibility is like from the rear footwell, might give some clue as to what's causing it. Either that or it'll be covered and shrouded in mystery.

Rob_UK

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
They told me they had when I collected it. They definitely identified the noise in their investigation.

They said it was the seat rubbing on the bump stops, so they greased something. It seemed ok at first but by the time I was back home it had just started again. Now a couple of weeks later it's back just as bad as it was before.

My car is due back in once the spoiler recall comes out, so I'm planning to wait until then to ask them to have another go at the seat. So unfortunately I'm not much help at the moment.

I'm sure it's got something to do with the way the seat flexes when you push back in it, with my hand at the base of the back of the seat I can definitely feel it move up & down slightly.

If I remember this weekend I'll move the seat all the way up & forward to see what visibility is like from the rear footwell, might give some clue as to what's causing it. Either that or it'll be covered and shrouded in mystery.
Hi

Very similar to me. Porsche made some adjustments but noise came back after a couple of days. Be very interested in your feedback post your weekend investigations! Anything you can share may help Porsche resolve. My car is going back in early next month for a 2nd attempt to fix.

Mrmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT63s amg, Panamera GTS, s560, Range Rover
Country flag
one of my older cars had this same exact problem, its funny how the smallest problems seem to be the most annoying..

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
pardon me for breaking in, but what is this spoiler recall? I am taking delivery today, I wonder if it was addressed for me

OP
OP
Arno

Arno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Unfortunately my TS got this spoiler fault also. Not a big issue really, and not much of disalignement, but still visible when knowing your Porsche like we sure do. Some Taycan owners have more gaps, and other have less - mine is somewhat in between.

Below are som photos showing this, as of yet, unsolved problem. The spoiler goes up on both sides, and down in the midle. I don't think anyone else than us owners will notice, as it is not visible until you look more closely ?

It happens over time, and does not go back into position. A Porsche in this price class should be 100%, so I'm confident it will be taken care of. I have been informed that Porsche Germany are working on a fix for all the vehicles affected, and I am sure it will be fixed somewhat soon ???

Porsche Taycan Vibration and rattle sounds from the interior . . . Skjermbilde 2021-02-19 kl. 22.23.07

Porsche Taycan Vibration and rattle sounds from the interior . . . Skjermbilde 2021-02-21 kl. 22.26.11

Porsche Taycan Vibration and rattle sounds from the interior . . . Skjermbilde 2021-02-21 kl. 22.26.01

Porsche Taycan Vibration and rattle sounds from the interior . . . Skjermbilde 2021-02-21 kl. 22.25.51

Porsche Taycan Vibration and rattle sounds from the interior . . . Skjermbilde 2021-02-21 kl. 22.25.39

Porsche Taycan Vibration and rattle sounds from the interior . . . Skjermbilde 2021-02-21 kl. 22.25.26

Last edited:

RG2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Golf R Estate, Golf VR6, Corrado VR6
Country flag
pardon me for breaking in, but what is this spoiler recall? I am taking delivery today, I wonder if it was addressed for me
I was told by my dealership that they are aware of a few cars affected by the issue, didn’t say if it was 2020 models only, didn’t think to ask. They told me Porsche are aware and have advised them to await a recall so they can follow the procedure.
So it’s not a recall yet but expect it will be (hopefully) soon
Sponsored