Vibration and rattle sounds from the interior . . .

SHN

First Name
Svein Halvard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+, Tesla Model S (for sale)
Country flag
Simple way to find resonating things is to use sine wave simulator software. Start with 20hz and gradually move up. Also try different volume.
Could it be done with playing an MP3-file with the tones from 20Hz and up?
Anyone having such a file?
I have a service on Tuesday.
Sponsored

Jancha

First Name
Janis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Cabrio (ex Taycan 4s+)
Country flag
Just install Tone Gen app - it's free (at least for ios)

OP
OP
Arno

Arno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S & Tesla Model-S 100D
Country flag
How'd it go? I have an appointment with the service center here in Bergen on the 27th to fix a broken park assist and misaligned spoiler. Will be informing them of the rattles at high-ish volumes and showing them the vid you posted. It's very annoying.
I had to postpone the appointment, therefore I have not got my rattle sounds fixed yet . . . but I definitely will. rather soon. I promise to post when its fixed, and which solution they came up with :)

Regarding the misalignment with rear spoiler: I got that to, together with almost everyone I've been told. Porsche Center Son have informed me that head office and factory are working on a solution, with shall be ready during spring - so I rely on that. Strangely enough I have read on this forum that some owners have had their fixed already, rather quick and easy, which solution was adjusting a few screws only. I will be addressing this issue as well.

Beyond this, I am very pleased with my vehicle, even if there are a few minor details to be repaired. Coming from a Tesla with several faults on delivery and some more faults after each repair, it is not that difficult to enjoy German craftsmanship in much higher quality :CWL:

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, GT4 (sold), Macan Turbo, Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag
Play or stream a Brown Noise track. It is much safer than a tone generator and will reveal vibrations without damaging mid-range or tweeter speakers.

Ask me how I know! ?

RG2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Golf R Estate, Golf VR6, Corrado VR6
Country flag
Anyone else got a creaky drivers seat? Definitely comes from the base/lower back rest area.

I don’t consider myself a heavy person, but this creaking sound is making me think twice about that!! Very annoying.

Jancha

First Name
Janis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Cabrio (ex Taycan 4s+)
Country flag
Tried on mine today. It is equipped with Burmester and 2+1 rear seat config. Conclusions:

1) driver door panel rattles as crazy with 60hz+ and sound 20+
2) rear shelf vibrates a lot on 30hz+ at 20+ level

resume: I am considering doing sound vibration insulation mod on front doors and something has to be done with the shelf as well. Not yet convinced about the rear doors but might redo those as well.

overall good sound system, but vibration insualtion is very poor.
Ok, here is a good one - dealer today told me that if my rear shelf is vibrating due to high loudness, it's not considered as a problem.. does anyone else has issues with Burmester being too powerful for taycan interrior to handle it? The problems, by the way, start at 50% volume, so it does not take much to have the issue. I do not remember having any issues with Burmester in my previous Panamera

exav8tor

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 330e
Country flag
Anyone else got a creaky drivers seat? Definitely comes from the base/lower back rest area.

I don’t consider myself a heavy person, but this creaking sound is making me think twice about that!! Very annoying.
Yes I have the same problem. Took into the dealer early December and thought it had been resolved however after a little while the noise re-appeared. What I noticed is that if you adjust the seat - move it up down and down and back and forth the noise stops for a while.

Have mine booked into dealer on 8th Feb to take a look at it.

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag

Same issue here. The creaky sound is very noticeable when I sit or stand up. I am also not too heavy. While driving it does not happen a lot. The rattles from almost every door panel and speaker covers annoy me more.

RG2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes I have the same problem. Took into the dealer early December and thought it had been resolved however after a little while the noise re-appeared. What I noticed is that if you adjust the seat - move it up down and down and back and forth the noise stops for a while.

Have mine booked into dealer on 8th Feb to take a look at it.
Yes I found adjusting the seat stops it for a while. Mine is going in soon for the spoiler issue, I’ll add this to their list then!

arijaycomet

First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
My Taycan 4S goes for service in 3 days due to a rattling noise I can hear from the passenger side “door” area. Based on the seat comments mentioned here do you folks think it may be the seat? I’ve not tried to move the seat, and since 99% of my driving is alone, I can’t really pinpoint where the noise is coming from.

It sounds like the front passenger door, but to say it isn’t from the seat base would be a lie — again, noise happens while driving (rougher roads induce it more).

RG2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My Taycan 4S goes for service in 3 days due to a rattling noise I can hear from the passenger side “door” area. Based on the seat comments mentioned here do you folks think it may be the seat? I’ve not tried to move the seat, and since 99% of my driving is alone, I can’t really pinpoint where the noise is coming from.

It sounds like the front passenger door, but to say it isn’t from the seat base would be a lie — again, noise happens while driving (rougher roads induce it more).
Just been out in mine, and I can make the noise happen by just pushing myself back in the seat.

I think I’ve found where it comes from, if you feel down the door side of the seat, right down to the carpet and you feel where the plastic seat cover almost meets the carpet. Just underneath that feels like the seat rail, when you push back in the seat you can feel a small amount of flex, so I think there might be some fixings that allow some play in the seat to help the ride perhaps, but those fixings could also be making the noise. Only a theory.

If it was in one of my other cars I’d probably try to take a better look and inevitably spray some grease in there to see if it helped. Not keen on risking getting grease on the brand new carpets in this car though for some reason. It can be my dealer’s problem!
Sponsored