Vibrations at 70-80km/h and from 120-180 km/h [Long story]

BliXem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S 2020
Country flag
Hi all,

Well, I've got an weird issue which Porsche doesn't know how to fix right now. My English isn't that good, so forgive me.

I've got the Taycan 4S now over 2 months and I drove 13.000 kms on it now. It's really a great car, but I have some issues where I want to take about it with you, maybe you got it to, I don't know.

From day 1 I notice some weird vibrations in the whole car with a weird 'zooming' sound. First I thought it was the german highway, because I picked the car up at Stuttgart. But after day 1 I still notice it. I did back to the garage where I bought the car, some machanic did drove the car to notice the problem I have. And he did. The car was staying over there.

The first week of the car:
They tested it more of the problem and notified Porsche about the problem. After a few days Porsche replied and said: add some microfones and some devices to record the sound and the vibrations. They did that, but failed because the sound was so 'soft' to pick up. They also changed the tires and with other rims to check if the problem was the tired and/or the rims. But this wasn't the case.

Second week:
In the second week, Porsche replied again and they are sending a special person who is trained to listen to abnormal sounds/vibrations. And she confirmed it too, there was a problem, she suspected the front elec. motor.

Third week:
In the third week, Porsche approved to send a new front elek. motor to the garage. And they replaced it, the thing was that the demo car of the garage had the same problem. The problem was solved! Jeej for me.

But after 2 weeks, the problem returned. It is so annoying for me that I requested a new car, because it's the problem of Porsche and not mine! After a lot of e-mailing, they wanted to do that, but... Not for free! They called it in German "Nutzungsentschädigung", you need to pay for the kilometers you drove with the car. So, in my case, if they callculated it right now, I need to pay €10.000 so I can replace the car. I find it really rediculous!
Even IF I pay €10.000 euro's, I get the 2021 model of the Taycan 4S, but nobody can garantee me that the new Taycan doesn't have the same problem...

I now need to wait untill Porsche has fixed the problem. Porsche did say that it was a "comfort" problem and not a technical problem. They don't know when this is fixed. It can take weeks, months, nobody knows.

The weird thing is, I drove 2 other taycans from the Porsche expierence day, and both don't have the problems! Is there someone how can also confirm this?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jayc

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1986 930 wide body slant nose, 2013 cayenne gts, 2010 panamera 4s, Taycan turbo
Country flag
Hi all,

Well, I've got an weird issue which Porsche doesn't know how to fix right now. My English isn't that good, so forgive me.

I've got the Taycan 4S now over 2 months and I drove 13.000 kms on it now. It's really a great car, but I have some issues where I want to take about it with you, maybe you got it to, I don't know.

From day 1 I notice some weird vibrations in the whole car with a weird 'zooming' sound. First I thought it was the german highway, because I picked the car up at Stuttgart. But after day 1 I still notice it. I did back to the garage where I bought the car, some machanic did drove the car to notice the problem I have. And he did. The car was staying over there.

They tested it more of the problem and notified Porsche about the problem. After a few days Porsche replied and said: add some microfones and some devices to record the sound and the vibrations. They did that, but failed because the sound was so 'soft' to pick up. They also changed the tires and with other rims to check if the problem was the tired and/or the rims. But this wasn't the case.

Second week:
In the second week, Porsche replied again and they are sending a special person who is trained to listen to abnormal sounds/vibrations. And she confirmed it too, there was a problem, she suspected the front elec. motor.

Third week:
In the third week, Porsche approved to send a new front elek. motor to the garage. And they replaced it, the thing was that the demo car of the garage had the same problem. The problem was solved! Jeej for me.

But after 2 weeks, the problem returned. It is so annoying for me that I requested a new car, because it's the problem of Porsche and not mine! After a lot of e-mailing, they wanted to do that, but... Not for free! They called it in German "Nutzungsentschädigung", you need to pay for the kilometers you drove with the car. So, in my case, if they callculated it right now, I need to pay €10.000 so I can replace the car. I find it really rediculous!
Even IF I pay €10.000 euro's, I get the 2021 model of the Taycan 4S, but nobody can garantee me that the new Taycan doesn't have the same problem...

I now need to wait untill Porsche has fixed the problem. Porsche did say that it was a "comfort" problem and not a technical problem. They don't know when this is fixed. It can take weeks, months, nobody knows.

The weird thing is, I drove 2 other taycans from the Porsche expierence day, and both don't have the problems! Is there someone how can also confirm this?
How many km did you put on it? I was feeling this vibration in my feet, it would come and go every second or so, at similar speeds. Then I switched from the turbo 20” wheels to 21” setup and it was more noticeable, it isn’t consistent like a balancing problem, and with two different sets of wheels and tires I do believe it’s coming from something else.

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
Hi all,

Second week:

Third week:

I drove only about 5000 km, and just up to 130-140 km/h. Knock on wood, I did not notice vibrations.

Do you have the equivalent of Lemon Law in Germany? Here in US, if the car is too long in the shop, the manufacturer has to take it back (there are specific definitions on what "too long" means. 10,000 Euro is very steep, but I wonder if it would not be worth to try and split the difference with Porsche, so you could get a new 2021 model.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I did not notice any vibrations, but I only have the car for a month.

...10,000 Euro is very steep, but I wonder if it would not be worth to try and split the difference with Porsche, so you could get a new 2021 model.
Is it? That is less than 1 Euro per km on a brand new car?

You pay that and you get the new model and again a brand new car?

Of course, I do not know how bad the "comfort" problem is! Try to bargain!

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
I did not notice any vibrations, but I only have the car for a month.

Is it? That is less than 1 Euro per km on a brand new car?

You pay that and you get the new model and again a brand new car?

Of course, I do not know how bad the "comfort" problem is! Try to bargain!
It is steep considering that it is not because the owner is tired of owning the car that they want a new one..... I don't know about you, but I consider 10000 a good chunk of money. I would be pissed off if I had to pay that amount to get rid of a problem I have not caused - on a brand new car.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
It is steep considering that it is not because the owner is tired of owning the car that they want a new one..... I don't know about you, but I consider 10000 a good chunk of money. I would be pissed off if I had to pay that amount to get rid of a problem I have not caused - on a brand new car.
I am sorry, if I gave anybody the impression that 10k is jump change. But if he sells the car second hand he will lose more than 10k...

Jayjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Audi Q7 50, BMW 330 cabrio
Country flag
I think i’ve felt something similar in my car. I noticed that i felt it only while foot on gas pedal, if i took the foot off, it disappeared.

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
I am sorry, if I gave anybody the impression that 10k is jump change. But if he sells the car second hand he will lose more than 10k...
Completely agree. Problem is that he is stuck with either a vibrating car with no clear timeline to fix or incur the 10k penalty. I hope Porsche comes through for him.

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
I've noticed a mild rhythmic vibration in Range mode at 45 MPH. At this time the car is using the front motor only. It goes away at higher speeds or if I go back to Normal mode. It is not dependent on suspension height.

Cyberdriver888

First Name
Håkon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
+1
at ~70kmh in range mode (+-5) i feel and hear a pulsating buz from the car. feels like electric engine pulsation with 1 sec between. going to the shop to have it checked.

ElectricSoul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2021 Taycan 4 CT in Crayon
Country flag
Anyone who had this issue got their car fixed? I'm experiencing this too. Wonder what they need to change, and how long my car will be at the garage?