Silveral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Great footage! Thanks for posting. I wished there was a track close enough to NYC.

madeyong

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S; BMW X7
Country flag
I wished there was a track close enough to NYC.
Poconos. You can track your own car there. It’s about 2 hours from NYC and there is an Electrify America at a Walmart about 25 miles from the track as you drive out there to top up and re-charge on the way back. I’m in northern NJ. I have not done this yet but a friend of mine did with his Audi R8 and had a good experience. I’ve been researching it and will do it in the near future.

Silveral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Poconos. You can track your own car there. It’s about 2 hours from NYC and there is an Electrify America at a Walmart about 25 miles from the track as you drive out there to top up and re-charge on the way back. I’m in northern NJ. I have not done this yet but a friend of mine did with his Audi R8 and had a good experience. I’ve been researching it and will do it in the near future.
Thank you for your input. Unfortunately I am on Long Island and traffic is now so insane, I will never drive 2 hours north anymore.....

kadwar

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S, Macan GTS, Audi R8, 2022 Taycan 4S coming
Country flag
Thank you for your input. Unfortunately I am on Long Island and traffic is now so insane, I will never drive 2 hours north anymore.....
We need someone to build a track on Long Island. Would be a gold mine.

Silveral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
We need someone to build a track on Long Island. Would be a gold mine.
Unfortunately I think unfeasible. Real estate is too valuable. What a s****show. Need to move South!

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
There is also Monticello, no?
https://www.monticellomotorclub.com/

madeyong

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S; BMW X7
Country flag

maddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (ordered)
Country flag
OP -> What camera are you using ? amazing video footage.

For tracks around NYC, I'm also looking for when I'll finally have my car. Will check out the Poconos one. Monticello is great but crazy expensive I guess. Can you track your car without membership ?

smohr33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S -> Taycan CT4
Country flag
I see now that you can. Not sure if you need to be a member or if anyone can do it. I will check them out.
Monticello is members only. I did a Porsche Performance Drive day last fall and drove a Taycan Turbo S, 992 S, Pana GTS and others there. Beautiful facilities.

I live on LI and have been racing for 15+ years - You have NJMP, Lime Rock, Pocono, NYST, all within 3 hours. Palmer, Watkins Glen, Summit Point if you go a little further.

There are many groups that run HPDE's in the NE where you can run with an instructor if you are new. NASA, EMRA, SCDA, PCA, the list goes on... careful, it's a slippery slope!

grahamsimmonds

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I don't speak Italian but I can hear your frustration when you miss the apex. Not sure about taking your car on to those corner boundaries...
Sponsored