Viewing videos / movies on passenger screen

ImThestig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I've heard some rumors that Porsche have sent in a request, about showing videos/films on the passengerscreen. Any other that can confirm this or know anything about it?
Sponsored

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
I've heard some rumors that Porsche have sent in a request, about showing videos/films on the passengerscreen. Any other that can confirm this or know anything about it?
In the US, it isn't legal to have videos within view of the driver. The passenger screen is definitely within view of the driver, so I don't expect that to ever be an option here.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I agree with louv by adding that is true when the car is moving.

also, how would they even be able to watch a video? Is there an option to do so when the car is Stationary?

Related to that can the passenger charge the navigation on the map while the car is driving? In the us if the car is moving, you can’t enter a new address

Skier

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Tesla now allows you to watch videos on the screen ONLY when the car is in park, as in while you're sitting there waiting for the charging to complete. Don't know why the Taycan can't do the same.

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
Tesla now allows you to watch videos on the screen ONLY when the car is in park, as in while you're sitting there waiting for the charging to complete. Don't know why the Taycan can't do the same.
It’s a feature. Product design teams prioritize features. Some are more important than others. You can’t have everything, especially in a 1.0 product (or it would never ship).

if it is really important to you, go tell your sales person: “I really want this feature. I won’t buy a Taycan until it has this feature.” If it is important enough to enough people then they’ll make development a higher priority.

Meantime, buy an iPad. :)

All that said... as an electric car, I’m spending a lot of time sitting at charging stations... waiting. Video would be nice.
Sponsored