VIN/FIN just appeared - how long to start production?

Rik_CT4s

First Name
Rik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S Cross Turismo MY22
Country flag
I have just received (via MyPorsche) my VIN number for my CT4s.

Does this mean, assuming no parts shortages (I know it's a risky assumption) , that the car will start production soon or can't really tell?

Originally estimated delivery date would be end November. Now, as shared by dealer (in Germany), 14 December 2022. But suddenly a VIN/FIN appeared, I thought perhaps this is good news somehow?

Thanks for sharing your experience with regard to timing (VIN to delivery, outside the 12V Battery issue).
Sponsored

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Afaik, that’s not related with parts shortage.
Last year, I got my VIN (in June or beginning od July), the car was finnished on July 19…. Since of TPMS shortsge, i got it on September 17…

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag

Does this mean, assuming no parts shortages (I know it's a risky assumption) , that the car will start production soon or can't really tell?

Originally estimated delivery date would be end November. Now, as shared by dealer (in Germany), 14 December 2022. But suddenly a VIN/FIN appeared, I thought perhaps this is good news somehow?

Thanks for sharing your experience with regard to timing (VIN to delivery, outside the 12V Battery issue).
Where did you find your VIN.... in the orders section under Network or was it more obvious than that?

OP
OP
Rik_CT4s

Rik_CT4s

First Name
Rik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Where did you find your VIN.... in the orders section under Network or was it more obvious than that?
I found it today in MyPorsche (online) under the section "check current stage", and there it was.... News to me also. Before it says stage 1 without VIN... Now still stage 1 but with VIN.

OP
OP
Rik_CT4s

Rik_CT4s

First Name
Rik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Afaik, that’s not related with parts shortage.
Last year, I got my VIN (in June or beginning od July), the car was finnished on July 19…. Since of TPMS shortsge, i got it on September 17…
That would suggest 3-4 weeks based on your experience (assuming no part shortages). Fingers crossed.

Reactions: B61

Redhot2474

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag

just got my vin number this week too , dealer said it looks like it’s running on time , dec 17th

OP
OP
Rik_CT4s

Rik_CT4s

First Name
Rik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
just got my vin number this week too , dealer said it looks like it’s running on time , dec 17th
Also a 4s? Any update from them on the options or will it be complete? Cheers and fingers crossed!

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
Did you find your vin …?
No I don't think the UK version of My Porsche is the same, I don't have a "check my stage" section and nothing in the script section where the production photos appear, that still says vin "null"

OP
OP
Rik_CT4s

Rik_CT4s

First Name
Rik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

No I don't think the UK version of My Porsche is the same, I don't have a "check my stage" section and nothing in the script section where the production photos appear, that still says vin "null"
Somehow I cannot get in now otherwise I would take a screenshot... Will try again tomorrow. I believe the MyPorsche environment also differs from country to country.

Edinburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S on order
Country flag
You are lucky - after showing my locked-in order as stage 3 and an approximate avatar of my car for the last month or so, the UK app now just tells me that I have not yet added a vehicle.
My salesman tells me that the UK app is playing up somewhat at the moment.
According to him, my build seems to have been put back by a couple of weeks and now due to start around the start of December. My fingers are crossed that the disappearance from the app is not some omen that loads of components are missing and delays are imminent! 🤞

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS ST, VW EOS, 71 & 72 VW Camper
Country flag
I can't even see my order in MyPorsche. I have an allocation and keep chasing the dealer and Customer Service but nothing. My order was confirmed a month ago against an allocation. Getting pretty fed up with Porsche France

poppap

First Name
Pop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Taycan RWD (PNYVW213)
Country flag
From VIN available in My Porsche to Production completed is about 2 months for me. Then it went to a storage facility near the factory waiting for the 12V battery for another 4 months before getting on the vessel.
See my timeline
Sponsored

Last edited: