BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Not sure I'd choose it, but it looks nice. £5-6k to do the paint and you didn't spec the colour wheel hubs....... :).

As an aside, I thought ceramic was to help keep the car shiny? What is the benefit for a matt finish?

OP
OP
QueenBean

QueenBean

First Name
Jill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Polestar 2, Rubicon 4xe, F-Pace
Country flag
Thanks to everyone for your comments! We were not specifically looking for a color or finish, though I am partial to satin finish. We asked the installer to recommend colors that "pop" and I used the new Range Rover release color as an example of what we like. The ceramic coat was provided as standard with the wrap and is there for protection and ease of cleaning more than anything.

A few people have recommended blacking-out the wheel and windows as much as possible, which I tend to agree with.

jonbek

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
love it man, do you. i think that harsh light in the photos isn't doing you any favors--would love to see it at night/dusk.

Bigben

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover L405 4.4L SDV8, VW T-ROC R, Yamaha FZ8
Country flag
Respect for a bold choice - but this brownish-rusty shade looks like an Oldsmobile from the late 80s so probably not for me

Now slammed on the ground on Vossen or Spyder style wheels and fully blacked out it’ll look cool

FlyingPoint

First Name
Cobblestone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, GT3
Country flag
Since color attraction is subjective, I won't opine. For the uniqueness you have created, its 5 Star. Congratulations - 50 shades of gray and away. BTW, my car is Jet Black Metallic, so my $$$ is not where my mouth is :(.

FrozenRobert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan S Cherry Red
Country flag
+1 for the choice, I really like it.

It actually looks almost like a matte version of my Taycan 4S with factory cherry red metallic -- but without the metallic!

Eye catching for sure!

OP
OP
QueenBean

QueenBean

First Name
Jill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
love it man, do you. i think that harsh light in the photos isn't doing you any favors--would love to see it at night/dusk.
Those pictures came directly from the installer. Will get some better pictures; preferably dusk as soon as possible.

OP
OP
QueenBean

QueenBean

First Name
Jill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Once again, I cannot thank all of you enough for your honest opinion/perspectives!

Many thanks!