SlyStyle

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan GTS, '22 Tesla Model X Pld, '24 GLS450
Country flag
I'm about two weeks away from my freeze date and my dealer just notified me that my VLC roof may not be available. The standard pano roof has no shortage. Porsche to confirm within two days. Will update when I hear back. Anyone else spec a VLC roof and experience the same?
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Depends on model. Can be specified on GTS saloon currently in UK but no others.

Look on the bright side - will save a fortune on a nice to have gimmick.

drkgt3rs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT3RS
Country flag
I'm about two weeks away from my freeze date and my dealer just notified me that my VLC roof may not be available. The standard pano roof has no shortage. Porsche to confirm within two days. Will update when I hear back. Anyone else spec a VLC roof and experience the same?
When I tried to spec VLC roof for my gts, estimated delivery was pushed back indefinitely. So I removed from my spec. my freeze date was 2/11.

spicyypenguin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (ordered)
Country flag
I have a GTS on order, got on the waitlist since it was available back in November and lock date is in about 2 weeks.

I did not have the VLC roof in my initial spec. However, at the request of my fiancé (who is very protective of her skin and deathly afraid of the sun), I called my dealer a couple of days ago and had him update the build to include the VLC roof.

He told me that everything was fine - freeze date, production date, and estimated delivery did not change from what he could see. TYD finally reflected this change today and it looks like all of dates stayed the same. I can also update here if anything does end up getting pushed back due to the VLC roof.

Skystorm

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS
Country flag
The info I got is it will be possible from 4th of april builds..

OP
OP
SlyStyle

SlyStyle

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan GTS, '22 Tesla Model X Pld, '24 GLS450
Country flag
The info I got is it will be possible from 4th of april builds..
That would be wonderful if true. My freeze date is April 1. I originally did not include the VLC roof, but decided to swap the PDCC for the VLC last week after doing some research...which is probably why i wasn't notified earlier about the VLC supply issues.
Sponsored