Volta charging network

Marshall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S; 2021 Macan S
Country flag
I was at a local supermarket and they had free EV Charging. The network is called Volta. They give you up to two hours of charging free. No credit card. Just plug in. I downloaded the app. Turns out they are located in a lot of shopping centers and Whole Food Supermarkets. Has anyone tried them? The website says they charge at 50 to 100 kw.
Sponsored

Reactions: Reg

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I was at a local supermarket and they had free EV Charging. The network is called Volta. They give you up to two hours of charging free. No credit card. Just plug in. I downloaded the app. Turns out they are located in a lot of shopping centers and Whole Food Supermarkets. Has anyone tried them? The website says they charge at 50 to 100 kw.
Never heard of them, but turns out there are a bunch near me! So thanks for the heads up!

thecoloradokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan CT4s + 2023 Rivian R1T
Country flag
I used the Volta chargers at The Woodlands mall in the northern part of Houston this past week while down there on my extended road trip. The chargers at the mall barely hit 6kw. I would check Plugshare in advance of charging since I am pretty sure the vast majority of their chargers are slow chargers.

dnanian

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Tesla Model S, BMW i3
Country flag
Yeah, I've seen a few of these around here, at the Natick Mall and at Best Buy. They were definitely slow chargers.
Sponsored