• Start date
  • Watchers 6

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
I was anticipating this and expect it will hit Taycan production, and not just automobile manufacturing.

Russia will cut off gas supplies to Germany, which is used to generate electricity.

Manufacturing requires lots of electricity.

You have disruption and then hugely increased costs importing it from elsewhere.

I'm expecting: 1. Delays well into next year for some Taycan models (specifically, GTS and sport Turismo) and 2. Increased price for base and all options (I'm factoring in +5% by the time I come to pay).

I'm always optimistic, but like to throw in a dash of realism. I can't imagine what's going on in eastern Europe won't have some negative effect on a major manufacturer and engineering firm like Porsche.

G7SUM

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST 2023
Country flag
I was anticipating this and expect it will hit Taycan production, and not just automobile manufacturing.

Russia will cut off gas supplies to Germany, which is used to generate electricity.

Manufacturing requires lots of electricity.

You have disruption and then hugely increased costs importing it from elsewhere.

I'm expecting: 1. Delays well into next year for some Taycan models (specifically, GTS and sport Turismo) and 2. Increased price for base and all options (I'm factoring in +5% by the time I come to pay).

I'm always optimistic, but like to throw in a dash of realism. I can't imagine what's going on in eastern Europe won't have some negative effect on a major manufacturer and engineering firm like Porsche.
Why the GTS in isolation?

OP
OP

Deleted member 6348

Historically, Porsche has actually focused on higher margin models like the GTS when faced with supply chain issues.

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
Why the GTS in isolation?
Because it's the most recent model, so I'm guessing their factory might need to be retooled or require other changes for the ST body style before the production run for that model can commence.

However, I know nothing, so let's see.

I hope everyone gets their Taycan's as soon as possible if not to distract ourselves from one global problem lurching into another ?

Ambroos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (RWD)
Country flag
@TaycanHero The Sport Turismo production is practically identical to Cross Turismo. Porsche is an expert at manufacturing cars with a massive variety of options and body styles on a single production line.

If production for the Taycan gets halted or slowed down, I think it's safe to assume they'll just focus on the highest margin variants, which are simply the most expensive ones. There's very little difference in actual parts and production cost between a 4 / 4S and a Turbo S, so the Turbo S nets Porsche waaaaay more money.

tez1

First Name
t
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s
Country flag
The dealership called today "your Taycan Turbo Cross Tourismo is on hold for the foreseeable future" end of the call. I gave them my car last week.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Deleted member 6348

The dealership called today "your Taycan Turbo Cross Tourismo is on hols for the foreseeable future" end of the call. I gave them my car last week.
Yep. Between rising values and indefinite production delays, there’s some pre-trade regret out there at the moment in the Porsche community.

At least, your dealer is being honest. Some dealers are telling customers that “all is well” to placate customers. Until the car is sitting in Emden, I wouldn’t put much confidence in conjectured timelines.

Adz_1990

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
718 GT4, VW T6, Turbo S CT, Cayenne Hybrid (due)
Country flag
My dealer did not know about the production stops until I informed them late last week.

It seems a rather long delay should be expected. Easily going to be over a year from deposit placed to car arriving.

Have another Porsche on order as well due for September time, I reckon I'll just think myself lucky that the Taycan arrives by then and think of the people with real troubles in Ukraine...

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
Did the production delay email only go to US buyers? Guy in Sweden said they did not get the notification. Irregardless, if the factory is shut down, no cars are being built (he has a summer delivery date).

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Did the production delay email only go to US buyers? Guy in Sweden said they did not get the notification. Irregardless, if the factory is shut down, no cars are being built (he has a summer delivery date).
Has anyone anywhere received an official Porsche communication about their order, other than what their SAs have told them? I've seen the screengrab of an internal communication, but it has not context as to where it applies and for how long.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Has anyone anywhere received an official Porsche communication about their order, other than what their SAs have told them? I've seen the screengrab of an internal communication, but it has not context as to where it applies and for how long.
No nothing from Porsche. My car was due to get out of factory last Friday. Rescheduled for tomorrow. I hope it will. Don’t know if my SA will contact me with the good news. Or if I will get a notification from Porsche.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Porsche plans to halt the production of all models by the end of March 2022 according to a leaked internal communication memo. The War in Ukraine has impacted production and supply within Porsche factories, forcing the German car maker to take drastic measures. Porsche’s wire harness is produced in Ukraine alongside that of other car makers such as BMW and VW.

The following dates indicate when the temporary stop order will take effect. Cars whose production dates come before the cut off dates will still be produced.
1. Porsche 911 GT3 and GT3 Touring: March 17th, 2022
2. Porsche 911: March 31st, 2022
3. Porsche 718: March 14th, 2022
4. Porsche Cayenne: March 7th, 2022
5. Porsche Macan and Panamera: March 2nd, 2022
6. Porsche Taycan: March 3rd, 2022
Sponsored