Paulo

First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1898 Porsche P1
Country flag
And a guy who worked with the car and it´s a member of this forum clearly stated that the cars currently on the road are not finished!

Porsche Taycan Wailing Wall of Taycan Forum Clip_7_
Sponsored

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
And a guy who worked with the car and it´s a member of this forum clearly stated that the cars currently on the road are not finished!

Clip_7_.jpg
OK, I hear he's saying the curves and lines of the car are 'more aggressive' than on the prototypes. I'm just having a hard time seeing that Porsche would go to the expense of fabricating completely custom body panels to use on the 'mules', and not have the actual, 'more aggressive' panels on the car. There is just no way they would not do extensive road testing with the actual body panels on the car. If they have figured out how to put some type of covering on the actual panels that the journalists testing the car can't see, then my hat's off to them. Honestly I just can't see how they could do this though...

I do hear PAG_J1 though, and he is the one that knows. I definitely see a more aggressive front fender under the cover, so if that's the true production car, then I can't remember a time when I'd feel better about being wrong!:fingerscrossed:

robox

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X5/ Maloo
Country flag
The Automobile magazine article states unequivocally that we're looking at the final product with the exception of the headlight, taillight, and side vent 'stick-ons'.

We say camouflaged, but don’t tell Porsche that a pair of headlight, taillight, and side vent decals do little to hide the Taycan’s svelte and very 911-esque profile.
Fair enough, they may be in ‘the know’
Journalists have been saying for months, what we see is what we’ll get. I guess I don’t have the same faith in them as you

As I’ve said on a few occasions I’m convinced the back end will change to the mission E style spoiler/duct, freely admit I could be wrong
I think the front of the mules is pretty nice, but would look better with the greater fall in guard/bonnet, not holding my breath though
Just pointing out the ‘undercover’ frontal shot of the ‘production’ car (posted by PAG-J1) and confirmed by him as ‘un-padded’
would to me need to have a different profile to the mules to create the shape as it appears

Makes the final reveal even more interesting, don’t you think?

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
I think we're in for a nice surprise.

And lest we forget, the image from below is of the production car (if somewhat small)

Porsche Taycan Wailing Wall of Taycan Forum Screenshot 2019-07-26 at 18.18.52

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
OK, I hear he's saying the curves and lines of the car are 'more aggressive' than on the prototypes. I'm just having a hard time seeing that Porsche would go to the expense of fabricating completely custom body panels to use on the 'mules', and not have the actual, 'more aggressive' panels on the car. There is just no way they would not do extensive road testing with the actual body panels on the car. If they have figured out how to put some type of covering on the actual panels that the journalists testing the car can't see, then my hat's off to them. Honestly I just can't see how they could do this though...

I do hear PAG_J1 though, and he is the one that knows. I definitely see a more aggressive front fender under the cover, so if that's the true production car, then I can't remember a time when I'd feel better about being wrong!:fingerscrossed:
Actually that’s entirely possible. Porsche has stated every single car will be built to order. The mules could all have slightly different body work. In theory. I don’t think it’s likely, but it’s very easy from a strictly engineering perspective

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
Actually that’s entirely possible. Porsche has stated every single car will be built to order. The mules could all have slightly different body work. In theory. I don’t think it’s likely, but it’s very easy from a strictly engineering perspective
they could also just have “padding” in the places where they want to hide certain curves and other more aggressive lines. Considering that all the mules have been wrapped in black and not painted that way. you can hide a lot of things under that wrap....... or not. :)

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
they could also just have “padding” in the places where they want to hide certain curves and other more aggressive lines. Considering that all the mules have been wrapped in black and not painted that way. you can hide a lot of things under that wrap....... or not. :)
Yeah there's definitely a different panel under the mules - painted differently - definitely going to be pleasantly surprised at the final product
Sponsored