First Name
Min
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera E hybrid
Country flag
Hi all

First post, ive been reading for a long time.

Super fun and cool forum with a lot of information, so kudos on that.

With that said someone need to do something about some members here, in near every damn thread people are whining and crying about the Taycan not being basically a Mission-E for below 100K usd.
I can't stand it, i could go ape shit and rant about how that is not even possible to bring to production such a car, and ask fundamental questions about the knowledge some members have of car manufacturing on the whole.

But that is not the way to start in a new community, so here is a thread where you can complain, cry, shout and hate with all the might you posses.

I believe that the rest of us who actually like the way this car is going in production form, and have decided to stick to their guns and take delivery on one will very much appreciate this.

So i ask you kindly to post all such posts here so that the other threads remain on topic.

I hope you all agree.

PS
For the record im loving the taycan and the direction its taking and im number 1 at my dealers, couldn't be more thrilled.
Sponsored

Ron R

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Porsche Cayman
Country flag
I'm in total agreement with your assessment of the forum as well as of Porsche's new EV flagship. Near as I can tell, other than maybe one lucky poster here, no one has seen the finished vehicle, so am baffled how people can come to the conclusion that they won't like the final production vehicle based on the test mules.

A friend of mine who works for large dealership in FLA says they currently have 300 deposits on the car. Certainly there seems to be plenty of interest.

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
I love the front of the Taycan, it looks very sporty at the front end.

I hope that the rear has a lot of cladding (on the mules) which hides a Mission E spoiler

GreggT

First Name
GreggT
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.drivingfanatic.com
Vehicles
Multiple Porsches and Mercedes AMG
Country flag
I would like to REPORT the two previous posts as being entirely inappropriate for this thread.
Specific instructions were given that this was a place to......"complain, cry, shout and hate".

OP
OP

PP4EH

First Name
Min
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera E hybrid
Country flag
I would like to REPORT the two previous posts as being entirely inappropriate for this thread.
Specific instructions were given that this was a place to......"complain, cry, shout and hate".
But still people keep on with the same behaviour in the other threads and won’t use this.

Oh well no other choice than to filter through a lot of crap to reach the gold! Yay

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
We're trying, but it's hard to do that ever since this came out (see image below) and even though the image looks small and not that much detail, you can see the beautiful proportions in it clearly.

Even if it looked 100% identical to the mules (which it won't, the mules are losing camo everytime I see them and false panels are coming off) it's still lower to the ground and more athletic than any sedan in production - the rear of the mules looks blobby and hideous though. Though I think the production car will come with the Mission E spoiler and will easily rectify that - not to mention that the mules still have fake panels on the rear

Porsche Taycan Wailing Wall of Taycan Forum Screenshot 2019-07-26 at 18.18.52

GT3GT4 man

Banned
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT3, GT4, Boxster Spider, Macan GTS, 458 Spider
Country flag
Porsche shamelessly promoted the Mission E. They set our expectations. Repeatedly. Range, charging, performance and looks.

The set the stage for the rejection.

I own 5 Porsche’s. I am a fan.

Some people would be happy with an ugly car and a Porsche label with inferior performance to Tesla. That’s not why I buy their cars.

GreggT

First Name
GreggT
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.drivingfanatic.com
Vehicles
Multiple Porsches and Mercedes AMG
Country flag
Porsche shamelessly promoted the Mission E. They set our expectations. Repeatedly. Range, charging, performance and looks.

Some people would be happy with an ugly car and a Porsche label with inferior performance to Tesla. That’s not why I buy their cars.
See.....now that's an appropriate post for this thread :rock:

3DBB

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW R1150R
Country flag

Absolutely, brother!

MPawelek

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1919 Ford Model T, 1931 Ford Model A, 1957 Nash Metropolitan, 2017 Mercedes SL, 2018 Ford F250
Country flag

So at what point would you not be interested in the Taycan? The latest Tesla Model S is already faster and will have a greater range....

OP
OP

PP4EH

First Name
Min
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera E hybrid
Country flag
We're trying, but it's hard to do that ever since this came out (see image below) and even though the image looks small and not that much detail, you can see the beautiful proportions in it clearly.

Even if it looked 100% identical to the mules (which it won't, the mules are losing camo everytime I see them and false panels are coming off) it's still lower to the ground and more athletic than any sedan in production - the rear of the mules looks blobby and hideous though. Though I think the production car will come with the Mission E spoiler and will easily rectify that - not to mention that the mules still have fake panels on the rear

Screenshot 2019-07-26 at 18.18.52.png
How many times are you gonna post that picture and talk about the spoiler and in how many threads? I can’t keep track of what damn thread I’m reading. They all look the same with you posting that picture and talking about some damn spoiler, f the spoiler man!

Very good. Now that is out of your system, let’s see if you can spare us this information in the future.

I don’t know what the hell people want from Porsche, it’s their right to promote their car as they want, hell they made the damn mission e.
To tell them not to use it is strong, and it’s clear to see that the taycan is based on the mission e, is it a carbon copy? Hell no..
But find me one damn concept gone to production that’s is a carbon copy.

People are living in the damn twilight zone here, they want a concept car that won’t probably work in real life if it has those doors and proportions for less than 100k, also they want it to be faster than all Tesla’s , have superior quality.. and also they want Jesus to return and a blow job by Jennifer Lopez.

And some other outlandish shit they makes up.

Just lay it to rest already!

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
How many times are you gonna post that picture and talk about the spoiler and in how many threads? I can’t keep track of what damn thread I’m reading. They all look the same with you posting that picture and talking about some damn spoiler, f the spoiler man!
The spoiler is what makes the difference between the difference between the Taycan's rear end looking ugly and it looking beautiful. Between the Taycan's rear end looking blobby and misshapen and between it looking clear,beautiful and well defined. The picture is meant to reassure people that the production Taycan will indeed be beautiful.

People are living in the damn twilight zone here, they want a concept car that won’t probably work in real life if it has those doors and proportions for less than 100k, also they want it to be faster than all Tesla’s , have superior quality.. and also they want Jesus to return and a blow job by Jennifer Lopez.
We want a Porsche sports coupe with four doors. The concept gave the impression of a sports coupe with four doors. We ask for the same in the Taycan

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
Basically, a good looking sports coupe with four doors, which if you look at it from afar looks like a 2 door coupe (if you squint and don't pay attention to the rear door handles)

Not a humdrum saloon like a VW Passat or Toyota Corolla

OP
OP

PP4EH

First Name
Min
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera E hybrid
Country flag
Basically, a good looking sports coupe with four doors, which if you look at it from afar looks like a 2 door coupe (if you squint and don't pay attention to the rear door handles)

Not a humdrum saloon like a VW Passat or Toyota Corolla
Jesus!! ( here it is ) really it looks like a Passat and a corolla to you ? I mean some of you are worse than a bunch of teenage girls!
Sponsored