Wailing Wall of Taycan Forum

MPawelek

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1919 Ford Model T, 1931 Ford Model A, 1957 Nash Metropolitan, 2017 Mercedes SL, 2018 Ford F250
Country flag
Any chance businesses in the area have security cameras?
Sponsored

robox

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X5/ Maloo
Country flag
Well...almost 4 years ago Borkkert, Korner, and even Mauer seemed proud of all the work they'd put into every detail of the E......making it...."the new icon for Porsche"......and one that...."will carry us into a new era".

Anyway.....pretty obvious (to me at least) that they were announcing to the world that they'd conceived more than just an electric car on that design floor. Of course I could be wrong.....can't look into their soul's, can only watch & listen to their words.
Much for the company & the 'E' changed in the fall of 2017.....Herr Blume announced the design was 'fixed'. We heard no more from the design team and the mule body hit the roads.

All that said....the car will do fine. It will be a success, and it certainly will be head-n-shoulders above most of what's available in the near term.
I am sympathetic to those who had expected something different, something exceptional.....I get it.
As I've said before, I'll take my #1 slot. Ours will be relegated to dog-hauler status for the wife... at least for a year.
The E would have been different but it's not the end of the world :) .

Parting thought....does it grind anyone else's gears when people tell you...."It's just a car". :facepalm:
I’ve felt your frustration,
Pretty sure the majority of members don’t think this is... ‘just a car’
There is a lot of passion in these threads, those posting, absolutely give a shit

This thread gives one a chance to vent, (probably under-utilised)... lol
The car is a major financial outlay for most, participants are understandably emotional

Taycan has been sooo long in coming
The mission E is/was outstanding, Porsche nailed it and captured the worlds attention and EXPECTATION
Like a lot of others, I think the mules have been and are comparatively FUGLY, like ....WTF
While the bones of the E are there, those who criticise the mules are accused of arrogance... how dare we....!!!

Loyalists trust Porsche to deliver, (maybe rightly so), they comment accordingly,
but in doing so anger and frustrate those who feel they have legitimate concerns

This is the wailing wall thread... BUT... in an attempt to offer some hope...

I believe there is huge evidence to suggest the car will morf into something that strongly resembles the E
It surprises me there are some that still think the mules are close to or (up to 100%) representative of what we’re ‘going to get’
I subscribe to the contentious ‘false panel’ theory
I for one, see a completely false ‘rear end’ on the mules
(starting 6 inches from the central pillar, running all the way down to the spoiler, including at present a false rear screen)
(See Paulo’s latest posting on spy pics thread, 2nd shot, the ‘kink in the roof is so obvious at this photo angle (...imo bloated and disgusting)
However, once removed though, the car will, imo (and a few others) change it’s appearance significantly
Revealing a duct and spoiler similar to the E....accordingly the roof will taper in, aesthetically widening the hips (something you’ll appreciate)
The silhouette, length, width, stance etc is so similar to the E
To be the car most want, the rear needs fixed (and I believe will be)

AND fantastically, (just to hand) new evidence suggests the front guard/bonnet might fall significantly sharper than the mules,
(Supported by PAG-J1 undercover shot) tilting the headlights slightly, strengthening stance /more aggressive look

Again all pure speculation... but plenty of promising signs
IF all said is true, the car will look like the beloved E minus the suicide doors plus mirrors
Aesthetically, satisfying most people’s concerns

I’m definitely not taking back my deposit yet

Paulo

First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1898 Porsche P1
Country flag
That was quite a post man!!!

I´m sure the car will look awesome!

Regards!

OP
OP

PP4EH

First Name
Min
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera E hybrid
Country flag
Controversial opinion.

Minus the cool doors i actually think the taycan looks better than the mission e.

Especially the profile, the profile makes me breaks a car imo.
The E has a forward tilting roof line and also huge frontal overhang.
The taycan has much more athletic and leaned back stance with shorter overhangs.

And mind you we are comparing a mule to a concept car that’s like comparing your wife at her wedding day to when she wakes up after a rough party.

Porsche Taycan Wailing Wall of Taycan Forum FE734174-D986-4EE7-BEFA-8967925B7E9A

Porsche Taycan Wailing Wall of Taycan Forum 6CD4FA8A-69F8-4B1A-9400-7C2B2EBD09A7

Raek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, E92 M3, Wrangler TJ
Country flag
Any chance businesses in the area have security cameras?
As luck would have it, the one across the street directly facing my car was out of service. There are a couple more in the area that the detective is going to scrub through. But, it's not very hopeful. People suck!

DrParis

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 991.2 C4S. Panamera GTS
Country flag
This just happened to my car. While it was parked. While I was eating at my favorite taco joint with friends and family for my dinner.

Of course the person fled the scene...

I've been hearing..."could've been worse" "it's just a car" for the past week now.

48468285272_8c4e835f21_h.jpg
I would never say anything but what a terrible thing. Such a beautiful car. At least nobody got hurt.

GreggT

First Name
GreggT
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.drivingfanatic.com
Vehicles
Multiple Porsches and Mercedes AMG
Country flag
Controversial opinion.

The E has a forward tilting roof line and also huge frontal overhang.
The taycan has much more athletic and leaned back stance with shorter overhangs.
And mind you we are comparing a mule to a concept car that’s like comparing your wife at her wedding day to when she wakes up after a rough party.
6CD4FA8A-69F8-4B1A-9400-7C2B2EBD09A7.jpeg
Understood....however rake of the E front window was greater on 'E'......so maybe we are comparing 'sleek' vs 'athletic'.
All that aside, what I miss most from the E is the high, 918-like, front fenders....and the incredibly broad rear shoulders. Both were very uncharacteristic of a 4-door sedan body.
"Uncharacteristic' and next-gen Porsche, is what I was shooting for.

On the wedding day comparo......I get that.......however the Pcar company touted (and trotted out) the bride for almost 4 years.

Reactions: Ron

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I’ve felt your frustration,
Pretty sure the majority of members don’t think this is... ‘just a car’
There is a lot of passion in these threads, those posting, absolutely give a shit

This thread gives one a chance to vent, (probably under-utilised)... lol
The car is a major financial outlay for most, participants are understandably emotional

Taycan has been sooo long in coming
The mission E is/was outstanding, Porsche nailed it and captured the worlds attention and EXPECTATION
Like a lot of others, I think the mules have been and are comparatively FUGLY, like ....WTF
While the bones of the E are there, those who criticise the mules are accused of arrogance... how dare we....!!!

Loyalists trust Porsche to deliver, (maybe rightly so), they comment accordingly,
but in doing so anger and frustrate those who feel they have legitimate concerns

This is the wailing wall thread... BUT... in an attempt to offer some hope...

I believe there is huge evidence to suggest the car will morf into something that strongly resembles the E
It surprises me there are some that still think the mules are close to or (up to 100%) representative of what we’re ‘going to get’
I subscribe to the contentious ‘false panel’ theory
I for one, see a completely false ‘rear end’ on the mules
(starting 6 inches from the central pillar, running all the way down to the spoiler, including at present a false rear screen)
(See Paulo’s latest posting on spy pics thread, 2nd shot, the ‘kink in the roof is so obvious at this photo angle (...imo bloated and disgusting)
However, once removed though, the car will, imo (and a few others) change it’s appearance significantly
Revealing a duct and spoiler similar to the E....accordingly the roof will taper in, aesthetically widening the hips (something you’ll appreciate)
The silhouette, length, width, stance etc is so similar to the E
To be the car most want, the rear needs fixed (and I believe will be)

AND fantastically, (just to hand) new evidence suggests the front guard/bonnet might fall significantly sharper than the mules,
(Supported by PAG-J1 undercover shot) tilting the headlights slightly, strengthening stance /more aggressive look

Again all pure speculation... but plenty of promising signs
IF all said is true, the car will look like the beloved E minus the suicide doors plus mirrors
Aesthetically, satisfying most people’s concerns

I’m definitely not taking back my deposit yet
I would like to believe we’re seeing false body panels, but I’m afraid that’s just not the case. The Panels on the mules are clearly production for a number of reasons. First take a look at the fit and finish, especially at the seams and joints. Second, the panels will house electronic channels, vents and other features they can’t duplicate easily with false panels without great expense. Third, any misfit of false panels could result in rattling/noise that would disrupt some testing. Fourth, they’ll want to run extensive testing with the production panels on to test their function.

It’s easy to solve all these problems by using production panels and taping false elements to the panels. That’s what we’re seeing on the mules.

Yes, the final car will look quite similar to the mules.

MPawelek

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1919 Ford Model T, 1931 Ford Model A, 1957 Nash Metropolitan, 2017 Mercedes SL, 2018 Ford F250
Country flag
I have to agree with Vim. At this stage of the game right before the reveal I doubt that Porsche would let the Internet blogger Jonny Smith take the Taycan up to 125 mph over 20 times with fake panels on the car. One could see a few pieces of black tape but I believe the final design is now no longer a secret.

robox

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X5/ Maloo
Country flag
I would like to believe we’re seeing false body panels, but I’m afraid that’s just not the case. The Panels on the mules are clearly production for a number of reasons. First take a look at the fit and finish, especially at the seams and joints. Second, the panels will house electronic channels, vents and other features they can’t duplicate easily with false panels without great expense. Third, any misfit of false panels could result in rattling/noise that would disrupt some testing. Fourth, they’ll want to run extensive testing with the production panels on to test their function.

It’s easy to solve all these problems by using production panels and taping false elements to the panels. That’s what we’re seeing on the mules.

Yes, the final car will look quite similar to the mules.
Can’t agree
The panels are bad fitting in almost every shot, it’s hard to find a photo where the aren’t warped by some degree
I’m suggesting the final panels are there (housing the electronics ducts etc) just underneath the false ‘overlays’
These overlays (probably a better description) are simply bits of folded metal (something Porsche could easily afford to throw away)
Modern adhesives and tapes are incredibly strong (I work with them daily) ie no rattling what so ever
Testing and photos are in a controlled environment
The only large throwaway is a custom made (well fitting) rear (bubbled,- to distort the roofline) rear screen

And so my belief the Taycan will look more like the E than the mules
(Especially with that ‘hopefully’ sharp falling front fender)

Let’s agree to disagree

Rollep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, BMW i3
Country flag
The specifications for Mission E states a height of 1,30m which is pretty much the same as the 911.

But from the pictures of the test cars it's pretty clear that it will be more like the Panamera (1,42m)

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
It might even be slightly lower, but rounded up to 1.38m
I bet 138cm in normal rise height and probably 135cm in low rise mode........ :)

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
I bet 138cm in normal rise height and probably 135cm in low rise mode........ :)
Hmm..not so sure..

Image below is Taycan at normal ride height

It's a very low-down car, sports-car like, I don't think there's much more room before the bottom of the car starts scraping the floor

Porsche Taycan Wailing Wall of Taycan Forum Taycan normal ride height
Sponsored