edouard356

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne '16; Porsche 911 GTS '19
Country flag
I somewhat agree here. This is the comment from Motortrend article today: “Our test mule was a lightly disguised preproduction.”

In the past, every time I’ve followed release of new models, there were very little changes though to the production car when that terminology was used. I find it hard to believe there are that many false panels that still need to come off at this point. Trust me, I used to believe this, but hard to at this point. Anyhow, I respect all opinions here and some might be right and some might be wrong. As I’ve said before, I’m still very much excited about the reveal and can’t wait!

On another note, what I do expect is that when we see the final car there will be some of us that see something so dramatically different because the stickers that we see now have been playing tricks with our eyes:)

I have to agree with Vim. At this stage of the game right before the reveal I doubt that Porsche would let the Internet blogger Jonny Smith take the Taycan up to 125 mph over 20 times with fake panels on the car. One could see a few pieces of black tape but I believe the final design is now no longer a secret.

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
i think it´s the same height!

Clip_3.jpg
If you look closely you'll see that the Taycan is oh-so-very-slightly taller...but I'd be surprised if the difference was more than 10mm

I somewhat agree here. This is the comment from Motortrend article today: “Our test mule was a lightly disguised preproduction.”
I think the proportions of the Taycan will be identical to the mules, even if I think some details will change (for instance, I think the rear panel is fake, hiding a Mission-E style spoiler/duct)

robox

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X5/ Maloo
Country flag
If you look closely you'll see that the Taycan is oh-so-very-slightly taller...but I'd be surprised if the difference was more than 10mm

I think the proportions of the Taycan will be identical to the mules, even if I think some details will change (for instance, I think the rear panel is fake, hiding a Mission-E style spoiler/duct)
Maybe a bit of wishful thinking on the red line thing, judging by the building behind cladding, something is on the piss
either the cladding or Paulo’s red line is on an angle
These two lines don’t appear parallel to me
But whatever, up to 80mm height between the 911 and Tacan is somewhat compensated for by the extra width of the Taycan
The mules proportions are cool, just a matter of final details as you say
Sounds like we may be in the minority ‘expecting’ the spoiler/duct changes, but maybe not in the minority of ‘wishers’ re the changes
Any thoughts on the prospect of a greater fall in the front guards showing up in production? Pretty convincing seek peek from PAG-J1
Flattening the bumper line, (as per what it appears , in the so called ‘latest design sketch’) allows for a sharper bonnet rake?

Rollep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, BMW i3
Country flag
i think it´s the same height!

Clip_3.jpg
Ha ha, make the red line parallel to the bottom of the tires or the building and you will get a different result ;)

The fact that the Taycan will be higher than the 911 doesn't bother me too much as I'm at an age where a slightly higher seat position probably will be better for me anyway :)

Friedrich

First Name
Friedrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future: 2020 Porsche Taycan, 2022 Tesla Y; Current: Boxster S, Acura MDX; Past: 66 VW Beetle, 82 Porsche SC Targa, 91 Acura NSX, 98 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2002 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2004 Porsche Cayenne S
Country flag
Minus the camouflage on the headlights and taillights, this is the production Taycan. Jonny Smith test car is the same, and he also mentions the only camo left in on the front head light and turn signals, the taillight, and by the charging covers and vent. Expectations that the fenders, rear quarter panels, front and rear hoods (bonnets) are still fake is not realistic

Unquestionably a beautiful sedan. Only the diehard Mission E fans will take back their deposit, those that expect the car to start at 80K, and those willing to wait for the rumored better batteries.

Taycan normal ride height.png
[/QUOTE]

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
Any thoughts on the prospect of a greater fall in the front guards showing up in production? Pretty convincing seek peek from PAG-J1
Flattening the bumper line, (as per what it appears , in the so called ‘latest design sketch’) allows for a sharper bonnet rake?
Maybe but even the one on the mules makes it look more like a sports car and less like a humdrum sedan, even from some angles the rear is starting to look acceptably close to the Mission E

Even in that photo you can tell that the Taycan is (albeit very very slightly) taller than the 911, but it's not an 80mm difference - nowhere near

Also a new picture, I've edited many of the Taycan pictures jacked up for testing purposes, and edited them to the normal ride height you see on the production model - much sleeker and sportier than any sedan on the market, you'll see

Porsche Taycan Wailing Wall of Taycan Forum 67503598_708406356249633_7546082672686762895_n copy

edouard356

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne '16; Porsche 911 GTS '19
Country flag
I'll try to help Paulo out:) Here is a parallel line. I tried to make it thick enough for you to see the line. Hopefully this works. You see the 911 is slightly lower, which I think we already knew.
Porsche Taycan Wailing Wall of Taycan Forum Capture.PNG

Ha ha, make the red line parallel to the bottom of the tires or the building and you will get a different result ;)

The fact that the Taycan will be higher than the 911 doesn't bother me too much as I'm at an age where a slightly higher seat position probably will be better for me anyway :)

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
I'll try to help Paulo out:) Here is a parallel line. I tried to make it thick enough for you to see the line. Hopefully this works. You see the 911 is slightly lower, which I think we already knew.
Capture.PNG
But I think Porsche ought to be very impressed that we're having this conversation at all - comparing the height of what is (when all is said and done) a 4-door sports sedan to its iconic 911.

And that's a very small height difference, it doesn't look like an 80mm difference to me, maybe a 15mm difference max.

DrParis

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 991.2 C4S. Panamera GTS
Country flag
Minus the camouflage on the headlights and taillights, this is the production Taycan. Jonny Smith test car is the same, and he also mentions the only camo left in on the front head light and turn signals, the taillight, and by the charging covers and vent. Expectations that the fenders, rear quarter panels, front and rear hoods (bonnets) are still fake is not realistic

Unquestionably a beautiful sedan. Only the diehard Mission E fans will take back their deposit, those that expect the car to start at 80K, and those willing to wait for the rumored better batteries.

Taycan normal ride height.png
[/QUOTE]
Porsche more than implied a few months ago that Taycan would price between Cayenne and Panamera. As recent reported , it’s now clearly in 992 territory. I still love Porsche just stating facts

GreggT

First Name
GreggT
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.drivingfanatic.com
Vehicles
Multiple Porsches and Mercedes AMG
Country flag
Porsche more than implied a few months ago that Taycan would price between Cayenne and Panamera. As recent reported , it’s now clearly in 992 territory. I still love Porsche just stating facts[/QUOTE]

I had this on Rennlist last week:
I was looking for the source but somewhere in the last month the info was that first out would be Turbo and maybe 4S.....which would be uncharacteristic for Porsche but kinda makes sense since they share the drive line..
Anyway.....in a few weeks we'll all have the 'actual' info telling us what models will be avail. on first orders as well as their respective U.S. 'starting' prices.
In the mean time, everyone is still an 'expert' on their own inside information.........watch here about the $150,000. Turbo and other EV comparo's....and he's actually saying Turbo "starting" at $150K.

Rollep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, BMW i3
Country flag
But I think Porsche ought to be very impressed that we're having this conversation at all - comparing the height of what is (when all is said and done) a 4-door sports sedan to its iconic 911.

And that's a very small height difference, it doesn't look like an 80mm difference to me, maybe a 15mm difference max.
I will find out for sure when I go to the Porsche festival at Rudskogen racetrack in Norway on 14th of september. Porsche Norway have invited all reservation holders to take a closer look at the real thing. I might drive my 991.2 over there so I can compare them pretty much "back to back" :)

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
I will find out for sure when I go to the Porsche festival at Rudskogen racetrack in Norway on 14th of september. Porsche Norway have invited all reservation holders to take a closer look at the real thing. I might drive my 991.2 over there so I can compare them pretty much "back to back" :)
The 991.2 is lower than the 992..... No?

Rollep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, BMW i3
Country flag
The 991.2 is lower than the 992..... No?
Standard height on 991.2 is the same as 992, should be 1300mm on both.

But mine is the GTS version so it's slightly lower at 1284mm.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Maybe a bit of wishful thinking on the red line thing, judging by the building behind cladding, something is on the piss
either the cladding or Paulo’s red line is on an angle
These two lines don’t appear parallel to me
But whatever, up to 80mm height between the 911 and Tacan is somewhat compensated for by the extra width of the Taycan
The mules proportions are cool, just a matter of final details as you say
Sounds like we may be in the minority ‘expecting’ the spoiler/duct changes, but maybe not in the minority of ‘wishers’ re the changes
The Automobile magazine article states unequivocally that we're looking at the final product with the exception of the headlight, taillight, and side vent 'stick-ons'.

We say camouflaged, but don’t tell Porsche that a pair of headlight, taillight, and side vent decals do little to hide the Taycan’s svelte and very 911-esque profile.
Sponsored