First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
Hi All

Has anybody in the UK got any idea of how long people are being advised they will have to wait for a 4S ST? Seems my GTS ST is going to take some time despite being #1 at dealership and ordering on launch day. Thinking of swapping to the 4S ST as lead times seem a little shorter.

Also, is there reason to believe the ST won’t be as popular as the CT?

Cheers
Sponsored

Dan1210

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo.
Country flag
Im in line for a CT allocation Q3 2022, i was told a gts or sport turismo would be 2023 at the earliest from 2 dealers and i think the same for a ct if you haven’t put a deposit down.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Hi All

Has anybody in the UK got any idea of how long people are being advised they will have to wait for a 4S ST? Seems my GTS ST is going to take some time despite being #1 at dealership and ordering on launch day. Thinking of swapping to the 4S ST as lead times seem a little shorter.

Cheers
I can't answer your first question, but to your second-
I bet many others who have a Taycan on order are considering switching to a recently launched Taycan variant (e.g. GTS or ST) for 2 reasons: their current order has long or worse still unknown lead time, and/or the new variant better meets their needs. So, even before allocations are grabbed by new Taycan customers, they're getting snapped up by people jumping from a different variant Taycan queue. In the case of ST v CT, I get the impression that the lack of plastic wheel arch trims will draw many to the ST.

OP
OP

goaroundnow

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
Yeah, that makes sense. I just got the impression that lead-times were much shorter for the ST than CTs but perhaps that will all change as people start jumping about, as you say.

I can't answer your first question, but to your second-
I bet many others who have a Taycan on order are considering switching to a recently launched Taycan variant (e.g. GTS or ST) for 2 reasons: their current order has long or worse still unknown lead time, and/or the new variant better meets their needs. So, even before allocations are grabbed by new Taycan customers, they're getting snapped up by people jumping from a different variant Taycan queue. In the case of ST v CT, I get the impression that the lack of plastic wheel arch trims will draw many to the ST.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Yeah, that makes sense. I just got the impression that lead-times were much shorter for the ST than CTs but perhaps that will all change as people start jumping about, as you say.
If you wanted to keep your options open, you could put down another refundable deposit with the same dealer, for another variant, and let them know that you'll make your choice once they offer you a build slot for one of them. That way you keep your place in both queues (though they aren't obliged to deliver vehicles in the sequence of people placing their orders). I did that and ended up getting a build for my preferred variant that's around 6 months earlier than originally estimated for either variant. (That was sheer luck- the dealer hadn't anticipated the allocation)

DavidG

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Hi All

Cheers
I ordered a GTS ST at the beginning of Jan and was 8 in the queue, so changed to the 4S ST two weeks ago and have a 23rd March build slot with April delivery.

Dan1210

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo.
Country flag
I ordered a GTS ST at the beginning of Jan and was 8 in the queue, so changed to the 4S ST two weeks ago and have a 23rd March build slot with April delivery.
Wow, thats lucky my dealer showed me his screen last week with all the car variants and virtually everything apart from the Cayenne was Q3!
In regards to the plastic arches on the CT i think some are massively underestimating the appeal of the all terrain marketing even if it is only 20mm! However im no fan of the arches and had considered moving to an ST but im down in Cornwall and my lane floods in winter so the extra height is welcome. Im going black anyway and likely to get the arches painted.

Last edited:

DavidG

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Wow, thats lucky my dealer showed me his screen last week with all the car variants and virtually everything apart from the Cayenne was Q3!
Yes the dealer had two allocated, had one already sold and was planning to take the other as a demo, but agreed that I could have it.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Yes the dealer had two allocated, had one already sold and was planning to take the other as a demo, but agreed that I could have it.
You are doubly lucky then...if they'd kept it as a demo they might have sold it used at £30k over list (maybe Porsche don't allow it, but that's not the impression I get off the Used Approved listings online).

OP
OP

goaroundnow

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
Think £30k might be a bit of an exaggeration ?

I’d say about 10% over list on a car which is a few months old

You are doubly lucky then...if they'd kept it as a demo they might have sold it used at £30k over list (maybe Porsche don't allow it, but that's not the impression I get off the Used Approved listings online).

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Think £30k might be a bit of an exaggeration ?

I’d say about 10% over list on a car which is a few months old
Maybe you're right, and Porsche option costs do still surprise me, but I'm looking at listings around the £130k mark for 4S (some more than a year old) and comparing that with my experience of configuring my ideal 4S for £100-105k.

PCAR-KAISER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
I had a 4S CT build slot for March but moved over to the GTS ST the day it was announced, still no word on allocations so might be a long wait!

saw this at Porsche Bournemouth yesterday….worth the wait
I had a 4S CT build slot for March but moved over to a GTS ST the day it was announced. Still no news on allocations yet!

saw this at Porsche Bournemouth yesterday…worth the wait!

Porsche Taycan Wait for Taycan 4S Sport Turismo in UK? D6E520A2-BCC1-48BD-885F-134815B41A56

OP
OP

goaroundnow

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
I agree - ideal cost no more than £105k.

4S spec to £120k are too expensive in my opinion

Maybe you're right, and Porsche option costs do still surprise me, but I'm looking at listings around the £130k mark for 4S (some more than a year old) and comparing that with my experience of configuring my ideal 4S for £100-105k.

Dan1210

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo.
Country flag
I had a 4S CT build slot for March but moved over to the GTS ST the day it was announced, still no word on allocations so might be a long wait!

saw this at Porsche Bournemouth yesterday….worth the wait

I had a 4S CT build slot for March but moved over to a GTS ST the day it was announced. Still no news on allocations yet!

saw this at Porsche Bournemouth yesterday…worth the wait!

D6E520A2-BCC1-48BD-885F-134815B41A56.jpeg
All seem to be same spec, carbon design package and no electric charge cover.

Porsche Taycan Wait for Taycan 4S Sport Turismo in UK? 6703F34B-4D0E-4269-9C06-58D2A18A9147
Sponsored