Wait times for Taycan Service Apt....what are you hearing?

TycanNewHampshire

First Name
TG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan 4S
Country flag
So, I need to get something checked out with the AC and I was told that I will also need the update installed.
What made me cringe a little was that they said "we only take one Taycan a week" and originally was quoted as not being able to have an appointment until December as the 'earliest'?
What?!?!?!
The service rep was great and ended up getting me in in about 25 days from now (I guess that is not 'great', but better than December).
My question is, have you had to have anything fixed and what are your lead-times for service?
Is this a training question or what else could this be?
Is this just temporary, or should I be worried about this? It is quite disconcerting to buy as $140k car and be told that it will be 5 months to have a service appointment.
Thoughts?
Sponsored

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
What made me cringe a little was that they said "we only take one Taycan a week" and originally was quoted as not being able to have an appointment until December as the 'earliest'?
What?!?!?!
I consider that absolutely unacceptable and I would switch service dealerships.

OP
OP
TycanNewHampshire

TycanNewHampshire

First Name
TG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan 4S
Country flag
not that easy where I live....they are not on every corner, like Starbucks.
That is why I am asking the community here to see if this is a training issue, or if it is a dealer issue.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Dealer issue. I'm blessed to have a Premier dealer near me. They are WONDERFUL!

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I'd find a better dealer even if it means driving an hour.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
I am happy for you, your response does nothing to answer the questions I raised in the original post.
Your last question was “Thoughts?”, which is pretty open ended.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I am happy for you, your response does nothing to answer the questions I raised in the original post.
Um...ok.

My question is, have you had to have anything fixed and what are your lead-times for service?
Yes. I've had it in twice. One to fix ALK/InnoDrive not activating and once for the AMB5 recall update. Both times the appointment was made less than a week from booking. Both times the service was done in a few hours while I waited.

What's a training question? Impossible to speculate what might be going on at this dealership to cause this kind of delay or Taycan-hesitation.

Is this just temporary, or should I be worried about this? It is quite disconcerting to buy as $140k car and be told that it will be 5 months to have a service appointment.
I agree which is why I commiserated.

Thoughts?
I shared them and got snapped at for it.

schad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, e-tron
Country flag
Discouraged to see your post, as I’m also in NH. I think Porsche Nashua is a premier dealer, too.

If you’re desperate, you might try Porsche Norwell down near Boston. Being in Mass makes me sad but sometimes it can’t be helped.

kmcdonal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan 350Z, Subaru WRX
Country flag
I have had the car in a few times and generally only waited like 2-3 business days. My dealership has two high voltage techs so they do schedule around their availability a bit.

Alex74

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT (MY22)
Country flag
So, I need to get something checked out with the AC and I was told that I will also need the update installed.
What?!?!?!
The service rep was great and ended up getting me in in about 25 days from now (I guess that is not 'great', but better than December).
Thoughts?
Porsche gaat auto's voorzien van ‘nepchips’ om levertijden terug te dringen
Sportwagenfabrikant Porsche gaat zijn modellen uitrusten met nepchips om de leveringsachterstand te beperken die wordt veroorzaakt door het tekort aan halfgeleiders.

Erik Kouwenhoven 03-08-21, 22:47 Bron: AD.nl

Dat meldt de Duitse krant Stuttgarter Zeitung. Daarin legt Porsche-ceo Oliver Blume uit dat het merk modellen met nepchips bouwt. Later zouden deze auto's worden bijgewerkt met echte, functionele chips.
Lees ook
Dat betekent dat Porsche auto's gaat afleveren die niet compleet functioneren, maar het merk heeft liever dat dan nog grotere achterstanden bij de levering. De ‘placebo-chips’ zullen uiteraard niet terechtkomen op plekken die essentiële functies bewaken.
Het tekort aan chips, oftewel halfgeleiders, houdt de gehele autowereld in zijn greep. Chipmakers hebben vanwege de grote vraag naar chips voor met name laptops, smartphones en spelcomputers - als gevolg van het vele thuiswerken en de lockdowns - grote moeite om aan de vraag vanuit de auto-industrie te voldoen. Veel autofabrikanten hebben al de productie gedurende enige tijd stilgelegd vanwege het tekort.

Porsche Taycan Wait times for Taycan Service Apt....what are you hearing? ?appId=21791a8992982cd8da851550a453bd7f&quality=0

they are going to deliver porsches with dummy chips..

mokre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s
Country flag
In May, when I tried to proactively book my car in for the WMA5 update, I was told they had no appointments available until August. I took the appointment, knowing I would need the update eventually. A couple of weeks later, my PCM decided to completely stop connecting to the cellular network. I made an appointment for the next business day at the same dealer to look at that issue, and as part of that, they also performed the WMA5 update.

Two weeks ago or so I had another appointment made for the dealer to look at some clunking/lurching that happens when the I shift from Drive to Park while stationary. At the same time they made sure I had the most updated software from the recall.

I'm not sure what was going on here - I assume they have appointment slots for people just needing the software update, and they have additional slots for people who have issues that need examining.

Last edited:

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
What?!?!?!
Thoughts?
I had to wait 6 weeks for an appointment because I want a loaner. if I didn't need a loaner they would have taken me in sooner. when I was in an uproar over my charging issues they did take me right in and found me a loaner. I think that the delay you are seeing is that they believe that getting the update isn't an imperative and so they are spacing the appointments out.
the real question that should be being asked is what happened to the OTA process, why can't these updates be pushed out like tesla does?

mokre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s
Country flag
the real question that should be being asked is what happened to the OTA process, why can't these updates be pushed out like tesla does?
This is indeed a good question. I suspect they're jittery with OTA updates and drivetrain electronics. If something goes poorly they risk bricking the car and would then have to have it towed to the dealership to be fixed.

There are many ways around this problem of course, but I doubt we'll know more unless Porsche decides to talk about it.