Waiting for FoD (functions on demand)

Maxzor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I have purchased a FoD (ALK) and have been waiting for over a month to get it activated.... I have called Porsche connect a week ago and they say their on it.

I thought it would be something that gets activated right away, and you can use the day after you bought it. Apparently it is more difficult then I imagine.

Does anyone know if this is normal?
Sponsored

Skystorm

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS
Country flag
I have purchased a FoD (ALK) and have been waiting for over a month to get it activated.... I have called Porsche connect a week ago and they say their on it.

I thought it would be something that gets activated right away, and you can use the day after you bought it. Apparently it is more difficult then I imagine.

Does anyone know if this is normal?
For me it took only a few minutes. I bought ALK and innodrive.

Jancha

First Name
Janis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Cabrio (ex Taycan 4s+)
Country flag
Did you check the assistance screen in the instrument panel? It must be activated there after its installed as fod.

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
[s] 2021 Taycan AWD [\s] 2022 Rivian R1T
Country flag
Abandon Ye All Hope

It took like six weeks for my ALK to activate, and that was working with Customer Service & getting my dealership to get someone from PCNA to advocate for me.

The biggest sleeping policeman IMHO is that Porsche will NOT let you work directly with the Mobility Services team. All comms have to be brokered through the “normal” customer service reps, who while wanting to be helpful & provide Porsche-level service are hamstrung by the fact that they don’t really even know what your calling to complain about.

OP
OP
Maxzor

Maxzor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Thanks, I found another thread saying dowloading FoD's are a hit and miss. Guess I call the local dealership again.
Sponsored