PNWTaycan4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘91 Polar Silver 964, ‘20 Dolomite Silver Taycan 4S, ‘19 Gravity Blue Nero EV
Country flag
Innocently thinking there may be some improvements to the Connect App, I hit the update button on my iPhone for version 4.4.

The update crashes and makes the App fully inoperable. Reinstalled, still crashes.. Got it to work by skipping the introductory slides, but after 30 minutes it again crashes.

Have notified Porsche, sent a movie of the error, and they have acknowledged receipt.

US located iPhone, with latest iOS 14.4. Caution, you may want to wait for Connect 4.4.1.

2nd UPDATE: Deleted “My Porsche” along with “Connect,” as they are linked. Rebooted. Installed both again and both are now working.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
Innocently thinking there may be some improvements to the Connect App, I hit the update button on my iPhone for version 4.4.

The update crashes and makes the App fully inoperable. Reinstalled, still crashes. Have notified Porsche.

US located iPhone, with latest iOS 14.4. Don’t install and wait for Connect 4.4.1!
Thanks for letting us know. I downloaded it but have not yet opened the app (and will not for now).

OP
OP
PNWTaycan4S

PNWTaycan4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for letting us know. I downloaded it but have not yet opened the app (and will not for now).
Got it to work, by skipping the introductory setup slides. Software bug must be there.

mike-taycan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
If you haven’t done so already, I would delete the app from your phone and then redownload/reinstall the app.

REIL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ / MY20
Country flag

The update crashes and makes the App fully inoperable. Reinstalled, still crashes.. Got it to work by skipping the introductory slides, but after 30 minutes it again crashes.

Have notified Porsche, sent a movie of the error, and they have acknowledged receipt.

US located iPhone, with latest iOS 14.4. Caution, you may want to wait for Connect 4.4.1.
Thank you for the heads up. Had already updated. Loads fine on both my iPhone and iPad. Had not opened Connect App until today.
One oddity is that on my iPad only there were two changes. My account-setting the Temperature reverted to F from C.
Access Authorization had deleted my settings for Location Always, Calendar, Contacts and Message. Reset all. Seems to be stable now. Have not driven the car to see if anything was affected.
On my iPhone I had neither of these issues. Apparently not sycn'd. Strange.

OP
OP
PNWTaycan4S

PNWTaycan4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If you haven’t done so already, I would delete the app from your phone and then redownload/reinstall the app.
Deleted and downloaded four times, along with phone shutdown and reboot. I’ll keep trying!

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I used the new version 4.4.1 (4.4.14317.210209084200, to be exact) this morning, and for the first time I was able to quickly establish "green ring" status with my Taycan and initiate climate start. Each time I checked status today the green ring appeared quickly. Could be a coincidence, but seems like an improvement.

Smithy37

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 991.2 C4 GTS. Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Might be a coincidence but I updated my app & now I can’t connect to the car. Just get the dreaded red ring & can’t control the climate remotely. Never had a single issue up until this update.
Like I say, may be a coincidence.

*Edit*
Deleted & re-installed the app & all working as should.

Last edited:

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag
Updated and no issues. Cannot tell if it’s faster or not as I have never had any real issues with the app.. Installed on iPhone with latest iOS.

LovinTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan and 2019 Mercedes S560V
Country flag
I used the new version 4.4.1 (4.4.14317.210209084200, to be exact) this morning, and for the first time I was able to quickly establish "green ring" status with my Taycan and initiate climate start. Each time I checked status today the green ring appeared quickly. Could be a coincidence, but seems like an improvement.
What phone do you have that you can get 4.4.1. My latest update is 4.4

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
What phone do you have that you can get 4.4.1. My latest update is 4.4
You’re looking at the truncated version number. In the app, go to My Account (bottom right corner), About, Copyright and you will see the long version number.

I just noticed you can perform some functions with a long press on the app icon without opening the app: POI search, air conditioning, valet alarm, and scan QR code.

LovinTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan and 2019 Mercedes S560V
Country flag
You’re looking at the truncated version number. In the app, go to My Account (bottom right corner), About, Copyright and you will see the long version number.

I just noticed you can perform some functions with a long press on the app icon without opening the app: POI search, air conditioning, valet alarm, and scan QR code.
Got it, thank you. Same version for me.
Sponsored