GareyD

First Name
Garey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (MY21)
Country flag
I too updated the Connect app for iOS to v4.4 and, consequently, lost connectivity to my Taycan. As others have done, I deleted the app then downloaded v4.4 again. All good now...connectivity has been re-established.

BTW...the latest version for iOS is indeed 4.4 according to the App Store. It is somewhat mis-leading when you view the copyright in the app. It looks like the version could be 4.41. However, it seems to me the build # starts with a ‘1’ making the version look like it is 4.41.
Sponsored

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I am not using the app but I decided to try the latest version. I installed Connect 4.4.1.x for Android. I see no improvements and I still see all the problems I remember.
The first time I tried it would even log in. The second time it took about 60 sec to login/authenticate and at least 30 seconds to logout. I guess it connects to servers in outer space, not Germany.

While connected it displayed red connection status even though it was actually connected to the car showing the correct SoC and I could control the various function like preheat.
During the test I was in the car and the car was On, so PCM was awake.

I am uninstalling again...

Porsche Taycan ** WARNING on Installing Porsche Connect App 4.4 - 2nd Update ** Screenshot_20210214-092353_Connect

Last edited:

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
No issues connecting first try here (latest IOS version though).

LovinTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan and 2019 Mercedes S560V
Country flag

Jaydoc

First Name
Judith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Targa, Taycan on order
Country flag
So, bottom line, is the best idea to delete the app and install the updated app rather than just update? (with iPhone)

GareyD

First Name
Garey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (MY21)
Country flag
So, bottom line, is the best idea to delete the app and install the updated app rather than just update? (with iPhone)
Of the two options, I like updating first then deleting/reinstalling only if necessary.

PerPower

First Name
Per
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y Performance, Taycan 4S+
Country flag
Got this message when trying to login to the Porsche app today. Hopefully it’s an update with a lot of bug fixes and new features :)

Porsche Taycan ** WARNING on Installing Porsche Connect App 4.4 - 2nd Update ** C50F41A6-BF85-4B11-960B-9BE57E96116A

plamichigan

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Cayenne, 1970s era Buick
Country flag
You’re looking at the truncated version number. In the app, go to My Account (bottom right corner), About, Copyright and you will see the long version number.

I just noticed you can perform some functions with a long press on the app icon without opening the app: POI search, air conditioning, valet alarm, and scan QR code.

Thanks for explaining how to find the version number. Very difficult to find.

LovinTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan and 2019 Mercedes S560V
Country flag
My car is on the way to the dealership from the port, and I just wanted to confirm the order of signing into my car to try to get the best results with this app.

I know I am not supposed to sign into my car until I get a notice and e-mail from Porsche that the car has been registered to me.

My question is, what about signing into the website online profile. When do I do that in relationship to getting the e-mail and/or signing into my car.

Also, when should I delete and reinstall the app. Right now, I have no cars registered to my profile because my 2020 Taycan has been turned in, and taken off my account.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

MarcS

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (19.11.20!), 350GLE
Country flag
Innocently thinking there may be some improvements to the Connect App, I hit the update button on my iPhone for version 4.4.

The update crashes and makes the App fully inoperable. Reinstalled, still crashes.. Got it to work by skipping the introductory slides, but after 30 minutes it again crashes.

Have notified Porsche, sent a movie of the error, and they have acknowledged receipt.

US located iPhone, with latest iOS 14.4. Caution, you may want to wait for Connect 4.4.1.

2nd UPDATE: Deleted “My Porsche” along with “Connect,” as they are linked. Rebooted. Installed both again and both are now working.

You just need to go to your phone setting and in Apps, switch off the calendar access for the Connect APp. Worked immediately with mine.
Sponsored