Watch collectors - let's talk watches here!

John89

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I only wear 1 at a time. I have a few decent ones. I switch off every 3-4 months and wear a different one. AP being worn at this time.
Sponsored

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
Not intended as a collection but these are the watches I curently have:
From top to bottom… it was supposed to be from left to right LOL:
1980’S Seiko digital watch and chronograph for rally and racing duties as participant, team principal, event organizer and even as sporting authority. More on this at a later date on another thread. Two Seiko quartz bulletproof watches that work as new over 30 years later without ever missing a beat. Then for my 50th Birthday my children got me this TAG Heuer, which is also quartz and very good. My first Tag Heuer was a birthday present when I was 13, if I remember correctly and it was an analog (obviously) race chronometer. My biggest hobby back then were the Aurora HO scale race sets. In combination with my math skills, I started making charts for average scale speeds per lap. My current everyday wear is a Bulgari Octo Finissimo in titanium. Very nice, thin and light but as reliable as a Taycan :angry: . In the first model the first unit started stopping on me after 3 months intermittently and then for good. The second unit had water come inside when I plunged into the pool a week later (3 ATM resistance should be good for a pool 1,50 meters deep), the third one started stopping after three months and the watch fell behind all the time. Then they told me to pay the difference and get the new (then chronograph)… this one stops once in a while while most of the time it either falls behind (a minute or two a day) or it decides to race time and starts getting ahead once in a while. The automatic mechanism has a software PCM by Porsche engineers hidden somewhere ! However, I live with it because it is the one I am most comfortable with on my wrist. Next a very nice and classic Patek-Philippe automatic which also requires quite a bit of maintenance, but is very accurate. Last but not least an exclusive Parisian jewelers very special all 18kt. watch and matching bracelet which can be easily exchanged for leather, textile or neoprene ones (I must have 15-20 different ones) by O.J. Perrin bought in the late ‘80´s and which I use very much for formal occasions and when in the mood. It has a quartz movement and is accurate.

I tried twice to use Apple watches. When the first one came out and about a year and a half ago. However I only take my watch off for showering. So it was a pain for charging. Unless I bought two, one for the day and another one for the evening…. That would make apple stockholders happy ( that includes me)…. Maybe I should email Tim Cook so they sell them in pairs… :CWL:

Porsche Taycan Watch collectors - let's talk watches here! A46E871B-0C13-4169-A246-128507D04F23

Reactions: Dee

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I tried twice to use Apple watches. When the first one came out and about a year and a half ago. However I only take my watch off for showering. So it was a pain for charging. Unless I bought two, one for the day and another one for the evening…. That would make apple stockholders happy ( that includes me)…. Maybe I should email Tim Cook so they sell them in pairs… :CWL:
The newer Apple watches only need to be charged while you're in the shower. I use mine for sleep tracking so I wear it all night and all day. It still has about 20% charge remaining when I put it on the charger to take a shower. Before I got a leather band I wore my Apple Watch in the shower, swimming, etc. The major problem with the Apple Watch is that you cannot wear it into areas where electronic devices are forbidden. So I have an Omega Seamaster in gold to wear for work. I bought that Seamaster nearly 40 years ago and it has survived daily wear in chemistry laboratories, military field conditions, and building renovations! Like the Taycan, it is a Jekyll and Hyde luxury product that is also at home in the most demanding conditions.

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
The newer Apple watches only need to be charged while you're in the shower. I use mine for sleep tracking so I wear it all night and all day. It still has about 20% charge remaining when I put it on the charger to take a shower. Before I got a leather band I wore my Apple Watch in the shower, swimming, etc.
My problem is that my showers take only 5-10 minutes, not 45 :rolleyes:… you just made me jump into the Apple website… I will have to wait until the Apple Glass is released as I don’t wear glasses in my sleep… I can dream in focus without glasses :CWL:

Fedex77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3 E92, Range Rover Sport HST
Country flag
In the market for an AP Royal Oak and the market is just frustrating. Will only sell based on “relationships” - meaning I need to buy an in stock watch to get the one I actually want.

Fedex77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3 E92, Range Rover Sport HST
Country flag
That's just silly.
Don't be a goat but buy something else instead.
You are better than that.
There are so much better watches out there.
If you follow the hype you are part of the problem.
Same with Rolex.
There was a time that these brands were excellent.
Those times are long gone.
It's just status.
Well, not really actually....
any recommendations? I like that style in a dive watch. I looked at the Hublot as well. Really like the Vacheron fiftysix or patrimony in a non-dive

aoua

First Name
Aoua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan cross Turismo
Country flag
Everything is overpriced
I have gotten my watches at cost because of long-standing relationships with the authorized dealers. I do not sell them at a markup. I waited 3+ years for my Daytona.
All to say, this bubble will eventually break. It has to.
It’s just a question of time.
Sponsored