Watch collectors - let's talk watches here!

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
While I had an iWatch it was one of those which didn’t display all the time and I ended up with it on my right wrist and a “proper” watch on my left.
I refuse to ‘double watch’!
Sponsored

• Haha
Reactions: Dee

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
Had this for a few months now and love it. Garmin EPIX 2 + leather strap.

Porsche Taycan Watch collectors - let's talk watches here! 1000012974

Perhaps a bit overkill if you don't do much outdoors stuff, but I really enjoy speedhiking and trail running, especially when living and working abroad. The OLED screen with maps and gpx coordinates makes it less likely I'll kill myself or run off a cliff.

Otherwise the daily analytics it provides is fun if you're a data geek.

16 day battery life, which is also why I have never bothered with a smartwatch before. Daily charging is a joke. With this, 24-30 charges a year finally makes it a sensible choice.

The watch I really want and will own one day is a Patek Nautilus.

Perhaps I should get one of those instead of the Porsche 😂

PCASSOO

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan
Country flag
That's Funny Dee. Can't wait to see it Smoke away. Lol

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
never noticed this thread before...
The only official Taycan watch :)

1638573193390-png.png

here are some more details:
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/attachments/1638573193390-png.26637/
That has nothing to do with Taycan, it's not even "official"...
This one does:

Porsche Taycan Watch collectors - let's talk watches here! porsche-watch-1660206516

See the "living" dial:
https://www.tagheuer.com/int/en/sma...tag-heuer-connected/45-mm/SBR8A82.EB0264.html

Kinda "official" Taycan watch:
https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/2022/company/porsche-tag-heuer-connected-watch-calibre-e4-29602.html

Last edited:

Ipercool

First Name
Paolo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Taycan GTS ST - 22 BMW i3S - 18 MINI Countryman
Country flag
That has nothing to do with Taycan, it's not even "official"...
This one does:

porsche-watch-1660206516.png

See the "living" dial:
https://www.tagheuer.com/int/en/sma...tag-heuer-connected/45-mm/SBR8A82.EB0264.html

Kinda "official" Taycan watch:
https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/2022/company/porsche-tag-heuer-connected-watch-calibre-e4-29602.html
I'm thinking of buying it, but for superstitious reasons only after my Taycan will be in the garage, and it's also cheap.

Only that my Taycan is expected to be in red and this is only available with blue accents.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
I'm thinking of buying it, but for superstitious reasons only after my Taycan will be in the garage, and it's also cheap.

Only that my Taycan is expected to be in red and this is only available with blue accents.
Out of stock here.
And I wouldn't call €2750 "cheap"... especially cuz it's a digital watch and has a cheap hybrid strap.
It's just highly overpriced, it says "Porsche" and "Tag Heuer" so.....🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:

Ipercool

First Name
Paolo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Taycan GTS ST - 22 BMW i3S - 18 MINI Countryman
Country flag
And I wouldn't call €2650 "cheap"... especially cuz it's a digital watch.
Yes, I agree (sorry for the Google translator), I can say it's not "cheap" but it's not so expensive compared to the usual TAG-Porsche customs.

It appears to be ready for ship here, but as I wrote I prefere not to buy it now...
When finally I get the Taycan, it will be out of stock here too... :CWL:

Last edited:

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
Out of stock here.
And I wouldn't call €2750 "cheap"... especially cuz it's a digital watch and has a cheap hybrid strap.
It's just highly overpriced, it says "Porsche" and "Tag Heuer" so.....🤷🏻‍♂️
It also needs charging every day.

I don't think the watch is designed to be worn. It's there as a collectors item.

mutanthands

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Suzuki Cara
Country flag
Not sure I’d drop €2750 on a digital / smart watch, an item that’ll be outdated within a year.

I recognise there’s a certain amount of irony that I’d be totally fine spending magnitudes more on an antiquated mechanical watch :like:

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Not sure I’d drop €2750 on a digital / smart watch, an item that’ll be outdated within a year.

I recognise there’s a certain amount of irony that I’d be totally fine spending magnitudes more on an antiquated mechanical watch :like:
I hear yah. 🤭
It's more the praise for craftsmanship and technic I guess.
Digital watches don't have that.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag

For me the high price isn’t a big problem if there is good longevity.

Most digital electronics today becomes unservicable fairly quickly and has a high replacement rate.

25 years ago I paid 911 money for a pair of loudspeakers which I still enjoy several hours a day.

7 years ago I bought some superb DSP driven Wi-Fi connected active speakers. 2 years ago they became hardware incompatible with the latest firmware. They are also a bit of a faff to use, compared to stuff which you just switch on and use, with configuration taking ages and needing re-doing from time to time for some reason. They still work fine for now though I don’t listen to them as much as I thought I would.

I also have a drone which often requests a software update which means the time I allocated to use it has often gone before it has finished.

I have mechanical watches going back over 50 years which are still working well. I’m not sure how much use the TAG-Heuer Porsche watch will be in 50 years…

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
For me the high price isn’t a big problem if there is good longevity.

Most digital electronics today becomes unservicable fairly quickly and has a high replacement rate.

25 years ago I paid 911 money for a pair of loudspeakers which I still enjoy several hours a day.

7 years ago I bought some superb DSP driven Wi-Fi connected active speakers. 2 years ago they became hardware incompatible with the latest firmware. They are also a bit of a faff to use, compared to stuff which you just switch on and use, with configuration taking ages and needing re-doing from time to time for some reason. They still work fine for now though I don’t listen to them as much as I thought I would.

I also have a drone which often requests a software update which means the time I allocated to use it has often gone before it has finished.

I have mechanical watches going back over 50 years which are still working well. I’m not sure how much use the TAG-Heuer Porsche watch will be in 50 years…
I agree wholeheartedly.

I got caught out with the Sonos system updates a few years back after investing quite a lot in their system.
It was a cautionary tale and I ended up having to update and split the system.

I am also wary of streaming everything and not owning anything. This increase in ads on streaming services (especially YT is noteable).

Back on topic, I would have no real interest in a watch that needed charging every day.

Dan1210

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo.
Country flag
I agree wholeheartedly.

I got caught out with the Sonos system updates a few years back after investing quite a lot in their system.
It was a cautionary tale and I ended up having to update and split the system.

I am also wary of streaming everything and not owning anything. This increase in ads on streaming services (especially YT is noteable).

Back on topic, I would have no real interest in a watch that needed charging every day.
Off topic but are you aware the sonos products have a continuous power draw? I swapped out my sonos soundbar after realising it never goes into stand by, if you have a 5.1 system thats a fair bit at 6-7 watts per speaker. Swapped for a Bose which will go into stand by.
Sponsored