Pjjameso

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I have noticed that if I am using the Porsche navigation (PIRM) set to a charging station and then open car play and set a destination in waze that the Porsche navigation shuts down. Is anyone else seeing this action? Don’t understand why one would effect the other.
Sponsored

RoseyPSU

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Aston Martin Vantage
Country flag
I have noticed that if I am using the Porsche navigation (PIRM) set to a charging station and then open car play and set a destination in waze that the Porsche navigation shuts down. Is anyone else seeing this action? Don’t understand why one would effect the other.
You can’t navigate on both systems at the same time. If you have a destination set on Waze and then add a destination through the car, Waze will stop. Don’t know why that’s the case, but it is. Same was true on my last Mercedes.

Smithy37

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 991.2 C4 GTS. Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
if I open waze in car play without a destination. then use the porsche nav I will stay get the alerts from waze.
I run it like this too. HUD will only display the PCM Nav arrows so I use that to Navigate with and then leave CarPlay on and use CarPlay Home Screen with the shrunken map for hazards (& police). I then choose the PCM map view in the instrument binnacle.
Best of both worlds if you ask me.

Still has a habit of turning the car media on after a Waze alert though, which is a tad annoying.

If only the PCM & CarPlay would play nice.

Oink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+, M3P
Country flag
Would the car preheat the battery on the way to a charger if you're navigating to it through carplay, or do we still need to use porsches navigation?

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
Would the car preheat the battery on the way to a charger if you're navigating to it through carplay, or do we still need to use porsches navigation?
you need to use the porsche nav for the battery pre heat feature, I live in a warm climate so my battery is almost always around 85f

Gru

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Turismo - 20"
Country flag
There is another thread on the forum where someone (forgot who....) mentioned he could have both.
I tried many times (it was 2 or 3 months ago) to repeat the same sequence but it never worked, so I gave up and since then uses Waze on the phone (disconnected from the car) and the Nav. for preheat

I had that kind of setup the other day, stopped to charge, went out of the car, came back and wanted to connect via Android Auto for some reason.

To my great surprise both routes stayed active until I reached destination !

I can't explain : Android Auto or Waze update, or Nav. update, or a specific sequence. I didn't have the time to check again

Porsche Taycan Waze via Car Play and Porsche Navigation PXL_20230605_080525269

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
There is another thread on the forum where someone (forgot who....) mentioned he could have both.
I tried many times (it was 2 or 3 months ago) to repeat the same sequence but it never worked, so I gave up and since then uses Waze on the phone (disconnected from the car) and the Nav. for preheat

I had that kind of setup the other day, stopped to charge, went out of the car, came back and wanted to connect via Android Auto for some reason.

I can't explain : Android Auto or Waze update, or Nav. update, or a specific sequence. I didn't have the time to check again

PXL_20230605_080525269.jpg
Did you update your iOS to 16.5 recently? I posted another thread recently because that update stops car play hijacking the PCM when it connects. Or maybe the Android equivalent of an iOS update?

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, '06 Club Coupe (#48)
Country flag

PXL_20230605_080525269.jpg
That may have been me. Although picky at times, I’ve been running both for about one year.

Gru

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Turismo - 20"
Country flag
Did you update your iOS to 16.5 recently? I posted another thread recently because that update stops car play hijacking the PCM when it connects. Or maybe the Android equivalent of an iOS update?
I have a Pixel ☎ . No recent system update from what I know.
But i’ve seen updates of Waze and Android Auto

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I can run both waze and native nav at same time.

I always use waze but if I need to go to a high speed charger, I'll type that into the Porsche nav to manage the battery pre heating. Then I just switch back to waze.
Sponsored