Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Golf GTI 16v
Country flag
I've noticed wear on my upper outer bolster on my driver's side 18-way seat:

Porsche Taycan Wear on 18-way red upper seat bolster IMG_4224

(doesn't show up particularly well on an iphone picture, looks more obvious in real life)

Anyone else here with Red 18-way sport seats with wear like this?
Would you consider it normal for a 9-month old car after 4000 miles?

Wondering if it's something I should be bothering my dealer about or if it's normal on these seats in this colour. Haven't had this happen on black leather ever, didn't know if it's just a side-effect of the colour perhaps. Seems premature for such little use of the car.
Sponsored

Evpower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2022, Bolt 2020
Country flag
Unless you really can't stand it I would hold off until more time passes. Even closer to end of warranty.

OP
OP
bootsie

bootsie

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Golf GTI 16v
Country flag
Unless you really can't stand it I would hold off until more time passes. Even closer to end of warranty.
I guess you're implying this is a warranty case, not normal wear and tear, are you?

Evpower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2022, Bolt 2020
Country flag
I guess you're implying this is a warranty case, not normal wear and tear, are you?
I haven't had that issue with my Porsche but have had similar problems with Mercedes and they never refused to replace what needed correcting. One was a very small seam that started to separate just a few months before warranty ended and a seat cushion that had many wrinkle lines. Please stop by and show them. I just don't think they will argue with you. All service advisors think differently. Get another if if you don't like the one you are using. I have always done that with got results. My Porsche dealer could not help me on a new Taycan so I found what I want at another dealer but I will still go back to my original dealer and use the same advisor.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I've noticed wear on my upper outer bolster on my driver's side 18-way seat:

IMG_4224.jpg

(doesn't show up particularly well on an iphone picture, looks more obvious in real life)

Anyone else here with Red 18-way sport seats with wear like this?
Would you consider it normal for a 9-month old car after 4000 miles?

Wondering if it's something I should be bothering my dealer about or if it's normal on these seats in this colour. Haven't had this happen on black leather ever, didn't know if it's just a side-effect of the colour perhaps. Seems premature for such little use of the car.
I have had this on other cars with tall seat bolsters I slide over whilst getting in, it also seems to depend very much what sort of belt I am wearing! I bought a salt water crocodile belt which I like a lot but its rough surface has reallt worn the top of the steep bolsters :(

REIL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ / MY20
Country flag
I do not have the leather wear issue, however, regarding unusual wear and tear.
My dealer will be replacing my right front passenger seat belt for excessive wear (waiting for parts from Germany). Dealer did not push back at all with my request.

Sorry forgot to take a photo prior. It was fraying along both sides the entire length.

I suggest at least discuss with your dealer, particularly if you have a good relationship.

Needsdecaf

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
997.2 Turbo S, Cayenne Diesel, Cayenne E_Hybrid
Country flag
I would take the opposite tact, IMO. I'd bring it up now so that the time from new car to issue is shortest and the dealer will have a harder time with the "normal wear and tear" argument. Then again, I've had my local Porsche dealer push back on something that was an obvious issue and call it "outside damage" so maybe I am a little bit jaded.
Sponsored