Well I’ve gone and changed my mind….

4sCT21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 MK 2 MR2 GT T-Bar, 2002 Volvo S80
Country flag
After a substantial rethink, I’ve had a change of heart and cancelled my original order for a CT4S.

I‘ve literally spent hours researching and looking around. I’ve decided that given my long motorway commute (although only once a week) I needed to prioritise range over performance, so with that in mind I’ve ordered the following.

Taycan RWD Performance Battery Plus

Exterior Design

Deletion of Model Designation

Door Mirrors
Electrically Folding Exterior Mirrors

Interior Design
Automatically Dimming Exterior and Interior Mirrors

Suspension
Adaptive Air Suspension including Porsche Active Suspension Management - PASM

Parking Assistance
ParkAssist Including Surround View

Sunroof
Fixed Glass Panoramic Roof

Audio
BOSE Surround Sound System with 14 Speakers Including Subwoofer and a Total Output of 710 Watts

Performance Options
150kW DC On-Board Booster
Supply Cable for Red Industrial Electrical Outlet - 400V 32A 5 Pin

Steering
Heated Steering Wheel -i.c.w Leather Interior

EXTERIOR
Paint - Metallic - Volcano Grey
Wheels and Tyres
20in Alloy Wheels - Taycan Turbo Aero

OPTION PACKS
Comfort Seats Front 14-Way Electric with Memory Package

INTERIOR
Upholstery - Partial Leather with Leather Interior - Two Tone - Black-Chalk Beige

Regarding the power steering plus, having not driven a Taycan, I didn’t want to commit to it on the RWD fearing I wouldn’t like it. I know it costs more, but I’ll purchase at a later date If needed.

I think it’s a sensible spec, that ticks most of my boxes and comes in at roughly what I ultimately wanted to pay.

I had to order in Volcano grey, what a colour ?

I won’t be the quickest, but I’ll look good going relatively slowly ?
Sponsored

Last edited:

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Before pulling the trigger for the final time.

What is your longest commute?

What are your motorway speeds?

What is the coldest temperature in your area?

Can you charge overnight?

Can you charge at or near your destination?

The 2wd drive has the longest range of all the models. About 8 miles more than the 4s. And the 4S has about 10 miles more than the 4 CT.

Details are available.

frietzak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
There is a RWD ST coming next month. Maybe worth the wait?

OP
OP
4sCT21

4sCT21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Before pulling the trigger for the final time.

What is your longest commute?

What are your motorway speeds?

What is the coldest temperature in your area?

Can you charge overnight?

Can you charge at or near your destination?

The 2wd drive has the longest range of all the models. About 8 miles more than the 4s. And the 4S has about 10 miles more than the 4 CT.

Details are available.
Using Porches own range calculator, I can expect around 20-25 miles more from the RWD vs the 4S.

I drive 135 miles to work and then need about another 70 or so to get back up the motorway to a fast charger. I work for an airline, so I’ll be leaving my car for a few days at a time, then just want to jump in and have a charging break enroute home.

The 4S would be another £80 plus a month for a comparable spec and I can’t justify that for a bit more bang off the line, as much as I’d like to.

There is a RWD ST coming next month. Maybe worth the wait?
It will be beyond my price range, I don’t really want to be spending more than I’m going to spend on this, but I certainly take your point.

I’m without a daily driver right now and need to be in the queue to get a car ?

Windpower

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, BMW X3, Taycan RWD Coffee
Country flag
I’ll be leaving my car for a few days at a time, then just want to jump in and have a charging break enroute home.
Two things: your config is almost the same as mine, except I also added rear wheel steering and the seat massager (bad back). And I've left my car for three days and the loss in range was less than 1% (possibly 0). So I wouldn't worry about a significant loss when you park at the airport.

OP
OP
4sCT21

4sCT21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Two things: your config is almost the same as mine, except I also added rear wheel steering and the seat massager (bad back). And I've left my car for three days and the loss in range was less than 1% (possibly 0). So I wouldn't worry about a significant loss when you park at the airport.
Great to know ?
To be honest given it’s size, I’m going to be more worried about getting it damaged by colleagues?

Why don't you buy another car?
The car market (certainly here in the UK) has gone crazy. I sold my last car for decent money, which made sense to me to clear the finance and move on whilst I could. The monthly payment I’m saving, I’m putting towards other financial priorities while I wait for the new car to eventually arrive.

I’m purchasing this car on a lease deal through work, so can only order the models they offer.

Its my first Porsche and at this stage of my life, is a very large, but hopefully very worthwhile expense.

DANgerous

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
You will certainly be quick enough, so don’t worry! You’ll be amazed at how quickly and frequently you could rack up the speeding tickets, if you wanted to ;-).

Sensible spec, virtually the same as mine apart from the colours. Power steering wasn’t an option for me (in Hong Kong), so I can’t advise for or against it but it feels like my car has it already.

Enjoy the loooonnnngggg wait for it!

wurzitup

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
This is almost exactly my spec too here in the US, with a couple extra bits- Mission Es, RAS, etc.
Mine arrives in a few days! Longest wait ever since September!

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Speaking about power loss.
I've been ill about a week, car is parked outside (under the roof), with temperatures below zero... haven't lost any single % in eight days.

HerrCooles

First Name
Herr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ice grey
Country flag
If it's your first Porsche and you "only" buy an RWD, you may regret taking the weakest one. It's hardly better than any other mid-size car. I wouldn't worry about the range because it can be reloaded very quickly. Almost twice as fast as a Tesla.

Whether it is worthwhile? You can bet on it. :cool:

f10tt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan, 2022 Cayenne, 2021 Bronco
Country flag
If it's your first Porsche and you "only" buy an RWD, you may regret taking the weakest one. It's hardly better than any other mid-size car. I wouldn't worry about the range because it can be reloaded very quickly. Almost twice as fast as a Tesla.

Whether it is worthwhile? You can bet on it. :cool:
As someone with 4 electric cars (Mach-E, MYP, MS Plaid), including a 22 RWD, you're wrong. It's worlds above in terms of handling and driving feel than 99% of mid-size cars. The "weakest" one still throws down with 85% of cars on the road.

OP
OP
4sCT21

4sCT21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
As someone with 4 electric cars (Mach-E, MYP, MS Plaid), including a 22 RWD, you're wrong. It's worlds above in terms of handling and driving feel than 99% of mid-size cars. The "weakest" one still throws down with 85% of cars on the road.
I think the Taycan is a magnificent car in every form, I can not wait:D
Sponsored