Well I’ve gone and changed my mind….

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
As someone with 4 electric cars (Mach-E, MYP, MS Plaid), including a 22 RWD, you're wrong. It's worlds above in terms of handling and driving feel than 99% of mid-size cars. The "weakest" one still throws down with 85% of cars on the road.
I drove behind a RWD today, and it still had plenty...
Sponsored

MarkG_M5

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M5 Comp, Taycan ordered
Country flag
Apologies I have missed this thread on account of being out in my new car a lot :)

@4sCT21 - your spec looks pretty good to me and very similar to my original plan (albeit a 4S).

Some observations falling my first week:
  • The 150kW 400v booster is worth every penny as my greatest success has been with the 120kW Instavolt chargers which seem amazing
  • The Air suspension is used several time per day just to clear ramps and bumps; the car scrapes on everything otherwise
  • I love the light interior (chalk)
  • I bought a type 2 cable for £160 ish (came with a bag and next day delivery) as I decided to just have a cable rather than a cable that needs to connect to the Porsche Connect thing
  • The cables that come with the car are useless; although I kept the 32a option in case I come across a random 32a connector at work (I'd never buy one of those cables otherwise)
  • Vented seats are great - better than the BMW option
  • 18 way seats are immense although surprised the top half of the back rest can't be adjusted separately. The side boaters adjustment (top and bottom) is amazing
  • Heads up display is brilliant so pleased I through that in
All said, not sure you can go wrong with these cars, regardless of the spec.

OP
OP
4sCT21

4sCT21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 MK 2 MR2 GT T-Bar, 2002 Volvo S80
Country flag
Apologies I have missed this thread on account of being out in my new car a lot :)

@4sCT21 - your spec looks pretty good to me and very similar to my original plan (albeit a 4S).

Some observations falling my first week:
  • The 150kW 400v booster is worth every penny as my greatest success has been with the 120kW Instavolt chargers which seem amazing
  • The Air suspension is used several time per day just to clear ramps and bumps; the car scrapes on everything otherwise
  • I love the light interior (chalk)
  • I bought a type 2 cable for £160 ish (came with a bag and next day delivery) as I decided to just have a cable rather than a cable that needs to connect to the Porsche Connect thing
  • The cables that come with the car are useless; although I kept the 32a option in case I come across a random 32a connector at work (I'd never buy one of those cables otherwise)
  • Vented seats are great - better than the BMW option
  • 18 way seats are immense although surprised the top half of the back rest can't be adjusted separately. The side boaters adjustment (top and bottom) is amazing
  • Heads up display is brilliant so pleased I through that in
All said, not sure you can go wrong with these cars, regardless of the spec.
Delighted to hear you love your new toy ?

Valerian

First Name
Valerian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
G
After a substantial rethink, I’ve had a change of heart and cancelled my original order for a CT4S.

I‘ve literally spent hours researching and looking around. I’ve decided that given my long motorway commute (although only once a week) I needed to prioritise range over performance, so with that in mind I’ve ordered the following.

Taycan RWD Performance Battery Plus

Exterior Design

Deletion of Model Designation

Door Mirrors
Electrically Folding Exterior Mirrors

Interior Design
Automatically Dimming Exterior and Interior Mirrors

Suspension
Adaptive Air Suspension including Porsche Active Suspension Management - PASM

Parking Assistance
ParkAssist Including Surround View

Sunroof
Fixed Glass Panoramic Roof

Audio
BOSE Surround Sound System with 14 Speakers Including Subwoofer and a Total Output of 710 Watts

Performance Options
150kW DC On-Board Booster
Supply Cable for Red Industrial Electrical Outlet - 400V 32A 5 Pin

Steering
Heated Steering Wheel -i.c.w Leather Interior

EXTERIOR
Paint - Metallic - Volcano Grey
Wheels and Tyres
20in Alloy Wheels - Taycan Turbo Aero

OPTION PACKS
Comfort Seats Front 14-Way Electric with Memory Package

INTERIOR
Upholstery - Partial Leather with Leather Interior - Two Tone - Black-Chalk Beige

Regarding the power steering plus, having not driven a Taycan, I didn’t want to commit to it on the RWD fearing I wouldn’t like it. I know it costs more, but I’ll purchase at a later date If needed.

I think it’s a sensible spec, that ticks most of my boxes and comes in at roughly what I ultimately wanted to pay.

I had to order in Volcano grey, what a colour ?

I won’t be the quickest, but I’ll look good going relatively slowly ?
Go
After a substantial rethink, I’ve had a change of heart and cancelled my original order for a CT4S.

I‘ve literally spent hours researching and looking around. I’ve decided that given my long motorway commute (although only once a week) I needed to prioritise range over performance, so with that in mind I’ve ordered the following.

Taycan RWD Performance Battery Plus

Exterior Design

Deletion of Model Designation

Door Mirrors
Electrically Folding Exterior Mirrors

Interior Design
Automatically Dimming Exterior and Interior Mirrors

Suspension
Adaptive Air Suspension including Porsche Active Suspension Management - PASM

Parking Assistance
ParkAssist Including Surround View

Sunroof
Fixed Glass Panoramic Roof

Audio
BOSE Surround Sound System with 14 Speakers Including Subwoofer and a Total Output of 710 Watts

Performance Options
150kW DC On-Board Booster
Supply Cable for Red Industrial Electrical Outlet - 400V 32A 5 Pin

Steering
Heated Steering Wheel -i.c.w Leather Interior

EXTERIOR
Paint - Metallic - Volcano Grey
Wheels and Tyres
20in Alloy Wheels - Taycan Turbo Aero

OPTION PACKS
Comfort Seats Front 14-Way Electric with Memory Package

INTERIOR
Upholstery - Partial Leather with Leather Interior - Two Tone - Black-Chalk Beige

Regarding the power steering plus, having not driven a Taycan, I didn’t want to commit to it on the RWD fearing I wouldn’t like it. I know it costs more, but I’ll purchase at a later date If needed.

I think it’s a sensible spec, that ticks most of my boxes and comes in at roughly what I ultimately wanted to pay.

I had to order in Volcano grey, what a colour ?

I won’t be the quickest, but I’ll look good going relatively slowly ?
Sounds great. I have the 4S Volcanic grey and love it. Did a 220 mile trip to Norwich last week and Birmingham yesterday with no problems. The volcanic is interesting as in looks totally different in different lights and angles... sometimes very aggressive and other times just cool. It is not an attention seeker colour but sophisticated and sensational. Enjoy.

Porsche Taycan Well I’ve gone and changed my mind…. 190EA06E-99F1-4DD9-8591-28A6F71F376F

Porsche Taycan Well I’ve gone and changed my mind…. 21F31EB4-8EBF-4E55-9B74-5CB0B7A70F75

Porsche Taycan Well I’ve gone and changed my mind…. AD1EFBDB-D379-4E9B-919B-F4D325F19108

Porsche Taycan Well I’ve gone and changed my mind…. 3E30E8BF-B006-4BF2-B98C-34D5DB28F366

Porsche Taycan Well I’ve gone and changed my mind…. 6477F32D-B9DA-4182-A35A-93CA07239C1E

Porsche Taycan Well I’ve gone and changed my mind…. BF6C2047-96D6-4F06-AD1F-D98780983767

OP
OP
4sCT21

4sCT21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Car finally on order, I believe it is with Porsche Exeter, so getting a test drive won’t be an option, given my East Midlands location lol

My order (via lease company) shows car expected early October, but their estimates are not known to be that accurate.

The car will apparently be trailered to my home address, but if It’s possible, I plan to travel down to the dealers to accept the car and have that experience. I dare say this will be my only new Porsche, so I plan to enjoy the whole thing :cool:

OP
OP
4sCT21

4sCT21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Cheers, looking forward to it massively ?

Time to save up for some PPF, along with a myriad of other things ?
I’ll only be able to do the front, but will hopefully save stone chip OCD.

im85288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
Cheers, looking forward to it massively ?

Time to save up for some PPF, along with a myriad of other things ?
I’ll only be able to do the front, but will hopefully save stone chip OCD.
Not sure I would bother with PPF when leasing, having had multiple lease cars they always seem to find a way to charge for things at hand back time so wouldn’t go through the pain of protecting it. But if it’s OCD maybe a lot cheaper just to get any chips repaired.

OP
OP
4sCT21

4sCT21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If not then that will explain your range being < 200 miles @ 100% battery charge at this time of year.

It may be not what you expect but it is normal.
Not sure I would bother with PPF when leasing, having had multiple lease cars they always seem to find a way to charge for things at hand back time so wouldn’t go through the pain of protecting it. But if it’s OCD maybe a lot cheaper just to get any chips repaired.
I have chronic OCD with cars, plus where I park, it has been known for colleagues to “rest” their bags on your bonnet:mad:

Motorway miles are harsh on the front bumper etc

MarkG_M5

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M5 Comp, Taycan ordered
Country flag
Congrats on the order - finally!

I decided against PPF as it's a lease and likely to either be stolen, crashed or break before the term ends :rock:

700 miles in I have the first stone chip in the bonnet - meh, never mind.

OP
OP
4sCT21

4sCT21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Congrats on the order - finally!

I decided against PPF as it's a lease and likely to either be stolen, crashed or break before the term ends :rock:

700 miles in I have the first stone chip in the bonnet - meh, never mind.
I wish I had your “Meh” ability, seeing chips is like a death by a thousand cuts for me ?

Could not be more excited to get this car, it’s going to be a LONG painful wait.

I would love to know why the forum believes I reside in Nigeria, been there a few times, great country, awesome people, but not the best roads for Taycan ownership.

MarkG_M5

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M5 Comp, Taycan ordered
Country flag
I wish I had your “Meh” ability, seeing chips is like a death by a thousand cuts for me ?

Could not be more excited to get this car, it’s going to be a LONG painful wait.
Yeah I used to worry but I just treat them all as cars these days. No respect :)

OP
OP
4sCT21

4sCT21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yeah I used to worry but I just treat them all as cars these days. No respect :)
The force is strong in you lol

Cars are my true passion, I can say that having owned an Alfa, I spot every mark, chip, scratch etc
Sponsored