GLM1

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I see we are back on the depreciation topic which I find distracts from the qualities of the car. I am not seeing the same depreciation in Canada. The lowest I se on Auto Trader
Just checked how much my cars worth with WBAC as I fancy a change back to petrol and was offered £28,355. Car is a 2020 has around £30k in extras and 14,400 miles on the clock. Luckily it’s on pcp and GFV is over £50000 so looks like I will have to wait until I can hand it back. Has any one tried selling one recently?

IMG_3367.jpeg
I see we are back on the Topic of depreciation, which I finds detracts from the qualities of the vehicle. The low price that I see in Canada is $104k for a 2020 4S, with 35,000kM., that appears to be reasonable depreciation. Let’s just enjoy our drive and stop bringing our vehicles down.

Longy_UK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'24 Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I wouldn’t sweat it. We buy any car; have to offer to buy any car so they low ball on models they don’t want. We all know the very attractive company car three / four year deals are ending and therefore lots are available.

I can assure you this will correct itself. The new Taycan is more expensive and the company benefits are not the same these days. So less will be sold…. Supply will drop and used prices will rise.

It’s the same as any market. Ride the storm guys; ride the storm.

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
I wouldn’t sweat it. We buy any car; have to offer to buy any car so they low ball on models they don’t want. We all know the very attractive company car three / four year deals are ending and therefore lots are available.

I can assure you this will correct itself. The new Taycan is more expensive and the company benefits are not the same these days. So less will be sold…. Supply will drop and used prices will rise.

It’s the same as any market. Ride the storm guys; ride the storm.
I have little interest in residuals as I don't intend to sell the car. But...

I wonder if the ZEV mandate is screwing things more in the UK - ZEV mandate: 22% of new cars must be electric this year | What Car?

...and is likely to continue doing so.

MadCan

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Defender P400e. Taycan 4S Perf+
Country flag
I see we are back on the depreciation topic which I find distracts from the qualities of the car. I am not seeing the same depreciation in Canada. The lowest I se on Auto Trader

I see we are back on the Topic of depreciation, which I finds detracts from the qualities of the vehicle. The low price that I see in Canada is $104k for a 2020 4S, with 35,000kM., that appears to be reasonable depreciation. Let’s just enjoy our drive and stop bringing our vehicles down.
There's no question that the car is fantastic. However, unexpectedly high depreciation does sully the ownership experience and is nothing like what I (or, it seems, many others) have experienced with the marque in the past.
The forum is for sharing knowledge and views about all aspects of ownership; cost for many of us is a key factor.

FlyingPoint

First Name
Cobblestone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, GT3
Country flag
If you find the topic tedious or it doesn't interest you, there's no obligation to follow, or contribute to, the thread...
I find it neither tedious or uninteresting. Actually, I believe all this discussion about declining values is damaging to all Taycan drivers.

MrJones02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Being active in the car-trade we got offered brand new gen 2 rwd taycans, well specced, with a 35% discount compared to msrp.
Demand must be low at the moment, even for new ones.

Donlam

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi e-Tron, Porsche Taycan rwd 23
Country flag
It is expensive to own from new but cheap to keep it for a while. I keep good car for long unless it is a problematic one. My advise is do not buy a luxury car if you can't afford this type of depreciation.

Frankcan

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4 S
Country flag
I was the same, a car with an 80+K price tag last August only worth 28K according to WBAC !
Well, I bought 3 years warranty and breakdown starting from the middle of this month when the existing one expires! I,ll have a look at its worth in three years time! where would you get a car like a Taycan for 28K !!

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
There's no question that the car is fantastic. However, unexpectedly high depreciation does sully the ownership experience and is nothing like what I (or, it seems, many others) have experienced with the marque in the past.
The forum is for sharing knowledge and views about all aspects of ownership; cost for many of us is a key factor.
(A) It is likely similar (when viewed over similar time frames) to depreciation curves for Porsche's non-sports car models (i.e., Panamera, Cayenne, etc.). What happens with the 911, the GT cars or the 718s isn't relevant.
(B) The depreciation curve here has a number of important considerations in play, but maybe not the one's you think. The depreciation curve for these vehicles was artificially flat for the first 3 years of manufacture because demand outstripped supply owing to it being a new model (with no used market) and significant global supply chain issues. When those supply issues cleared up, depreciation quickly caught up to (and in some sense exceeded) where it would have naturally been and then some. Plus lease terms came up, used models came online and the market was further flooded, right as the new production hiccups/supply chain issues cleared. Plus you have new technology - everyone who wanted an EV got one... everyone who wanted an EV now has one. The early adopter demand has been met and then exceeded AND you have the .2 models announced with material improvements. So, if you want to know what happened - that's it. But not sure we need 50 more threads on the subject.

Geno911

First Name
Grigore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
grey 2016 Porsche 911 Turbo
Country flag
Taycan prices are definitely turning heads lately! It seems like young people are really getting into the electric car game, and the Taycan's sleek design and eco-friendly credentials are catching their attention.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Taycan prices are definitely turning heads lately! It seems like young people are really getting into the electric car game, and the Taycan's sleek design and eco-friendly credentials are catching their attention.
Swing and a miss by the AI chatbot.