What’s is the best colour for the cross turismo in your opinion?

What’s is the best colour for the cross Turismo in your opinion

• Total voters

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Ice Grey is growing on me, although I haven't seen it in person. I do think bright colors work well on wagons but the black wheel arches are a problem.

Just as a counter point to @W1NGE I strongly dislike the chrome trim on Volcano Grey and much prefer the black trim. I think it makes it look more modern and sportier.
I'm an old guy and like the bright works!

The guy that came up with gloss black window surrounds, door handles and model designation clearly was responsible for thinking "crayon" was a good idea for a colour. It will be a short lived fashion in a here today gone tomorrow kinda fashion.

Turns out that in UK grey is the most popular colour choice across all motor manufacturers.

Seriously though, ice Grey is pretty much a tone of white and not great in the metal. Dolomite is better.

Remember the old adage, 'you pay your money and take your choice'.
Sponsored

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
@W1NGE LOL. :CWL: :CWL: Now, I'm totally with you on Crayon (/Chalk). Some people love it but IMHO no color looks worse when even a bit dirty.

To each their own, though!

I am starting to get a bit annoyed you can't remove the black wheel arches.

Easier to pick colors that don't work great. For me the colors to avoid (unless you've seen it in person in multiple light conditions and love it) would be; standard black or white, Crayon/Chalk, Frozenberry, Coffee, Mahogany. If you love it, you love it, but these are not colors you should spec based on photos or the configurator.

Mamba, Carmine, Neptune, Frozen Blue, and Dolomite are nice colors but ones you definitely want to see in person first, the real shade doesn't translate well on camera.

The rest are all really safe choices, IMHO.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I suspect colour coding as an option will come for MY22 and those pesky arches can be blended in nicely to match the main body colour. It will be a gravy train for Porsche and I suspect a deliberate ploy.

Call me a cynic but...

Agree the colours do not render well on the configurator. The colour swatches aren't bad but too small to show the bigger picture.

Frozen is just plain wrong and mahogany may look good in the showroom but it was intended for the Chinese market where apparently it is the colour of choice.

Nor can I get excited about Carmine red having seen it on the Taycan and other Porsches. We don't get many bright sunny days in UK which unfortunately makes this red look dull. Guards Red if it were available might be an option or indeed Speed Yellow - imagine the fun you could have with the gloss black trimmings ?

lucan6699

First Name
lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan, bentley
Country flag
may also ppf the car in stealth/satin. undecided on wheel colour. don't need to lock spec until May

Porsche Taycan What’s is the best colour for the cross turismo in your opinion? cross

Daniel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
After Agate Macan SD and Volcano 2019 Macan S , my first choice for my Cross Turismo was Dolomite.
But my wife decided Volcano is more classy ....

Volcano is the best choice to hide plastic parts.
Agate is the best color in my opinion , but not available :crying:
Delivery 15 of July

Porsche Taycan What’s is the best colour for the cross turismo in your opinion? Taycan CT DA

Mylam

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DB11V12.
Country flag
With silver window surrounds and non-black wheels then maybe otherwise it looks like a funeral car!
Thats a mean looking funeral car, silver window trims went out of fashion in the 80s)

cometguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera 4 ST E-Hybrid; planned Taycan CT4
Country flag
What I think looks best (i.e., cherry red, frozen blue, mamba green) is different from what I will choose (volcano grey), for various "practical" reasons...

Bill4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo ; CT4S ordered
Country flag
To me the CT is an outdoor/sport-activity oriented vehicule (with sporty lines of course) which is enhanced with the off road package.

I think the Dolomite silver suits the car best. Dark colors (although my second choice would have been volcano) will make the off road package blend in too much and not as coherent with the "cross" style. I'm not saying darker colors will look bad either - just a more "classy" style.

steen

First Name
Steen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB E-class coupe
Country flag
To me the Dark colours does not work. The black wheel arches calls for contrast- especially the black makes little sence almost camo‘ing the signature wheel arches. I’m still undecided on the plastic wheel arches, but if going with the ct, the contrast is a must imho.

im mostly alone on this one, but the coffee beige has the perfect balance between contrast and colour

DrT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
I ordered my car with the basic Black color, which I think is the best looking color on this car. The main reason for me is that the wheel arches stand out too much with a contrasting color, and also I don't like the profile of the roof with the panorama roof (the small edge that comes at the corner of the windscreen) with contrasting colors. Also silver window trim and black diffusor parts is a must with this color (+ tinted lights), looks mean imo! This color also gets rid of the "tear drop"-look from the front air vents.
Porsche Taycan What’s is the best colour for the cross turismo in your opinion? Taycan4CTBlack
Sponsored

Last edited: