What’s the consensus on the best Taycan colour?

Juniorp72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S due March 2023
Country flag
Based on seeing most colours yesterday I would say the Crayon and Mamba looked amazing but both second to my personal choice of Carmine.

The best colour for your Taycan is the colour you personally like the best. Then there's the safe colours that are recommended for resale value. The dealer told me Mamba is one of the colours that struggles to sell... but I thought it looked amazing!

jld1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S23
Country flag
The one I chose. I mean, color is the most subjective of all options. Not sure what a consensus even means - what would one do with that data?

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
My favorite is the one color they won't sell me, even in PTS: Guards Red.
'Tis available.

You need to ask about PTS PLUS... which btw is double the price and requires Zuffenhausen sign off.

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
Based on seeing most colours yesterday I would say the Crayon and Mamba looked amazing but both second to my personal choice of Carmine.

The best colour for your Taycan is the colour you personally like the best. Then there's the safe colours that are recommended for resale value. The dealer told me Mamba is one of the colours that struggles to sell... but I thought it looked amazing!
I was always CR from day one, but then seeing it in underground carparks and at the Silverstone PEC, I was really not sure about it.

Seems surprisingly muted and does not pop, almost with an undertone of grey.

That got me wandering about PTS greys, where Meteor Grey Metallic, Dolomite Grey Metallic and Grigio Telesto I find particularly nice, even though I was equally set on not going near greys/silvers on my first Porsche as I find it so tedious.

Porsche Taycan What’s the consensus on the best Taycan colour? 1664915339487

Porsche Taycan What’s the consensus on the best Taycan colour? 1664915362282

Porsche Taycan What’s the consensus on the best Taycan colour? 1664915386171

However, it does contrast beautifully with the red calipers, so I need convincing CR is the right choice fully paint corrected, PPFed and ceramic coated. Then it pops.

Please convince me and save me £4,500 and another 6 month wait. Thank you 😂

• Haha
Reactions: B61

Leawood CT

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT
Country flag
The best Taycan color is Volcano Gray. Is it because that is what my car is? Yes, absolutely. Also, choosing Volcano Gray as your car color works 60% of the time every time.

To throw a curveball into this thread, the best overall Porsche color is Miami Blue. Just saying.

coolblknerd

First Name
Reggie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I ordered mine's in black but I wouldn't have minded if ended up with the Gentian Blue. The Mamba Green comes in a close second.

I would love to see one in bumblebee yellow thought. Something tells me that would be a beauty to see.

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag
The best Taycan color is Volcano Gray. Is it because that is what my car is? Yes, absolutely. Also, choosing Volcano Gray as your car color works 60% of the time every time.

To throw a curveball into this thread, the best overall Porsche color is Miami Blue. Just saying.
While Miami blue is nice, I think Shark Blue is slightly better as its more pure blue vs teal

iampgc

First Name
Pallo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E GTPE
Country flag
Extremely biased but my vote goes to Neptune Blue. Patiently waited until a CPO Taycan 4S Neptune Blue was available for a good price near me.

It is like Chalk, but blue! Not as common and a very unique shade of blue that matches a performance EV. It also is first released on a Taycan so felt it fitting.

Porsche Taycan What’s the consensus on the best Taycan colour? 20220923_181340

CarbonTax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Extremely biased but my vote goes to Neptune Blue. Patiently waited until a CPO Taycan 4S Neptune Blue was available for a good price near me.

It is like Chalk, but blue! Not as common and a very unique shade of blue that matches a performance EV. It also is first released on a Taycan so felt it fitting.

20220923_181340.jpg
Looks amazing with the platinum exclusive wheels, but I've seen a few R8 in that shade, close 2nd to frozen blue

Juniorp72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S due March 2023
Country flag
I was always CR from day one, but then seeing it in underground carparks and at the Silverstone PEC, I was really not sure about it.

Seems surprisingly muted and does not pop, almost with an undertone of grey.

That got me wandering about PTS greys, where Meteor Grey Metallic, Dolomite Grey Metallic and Grigio Telesto I find particularly nice, even though I was equally set on not going near greys/silvers on my first Porsche as I find it so tedious.

1664915339487.png

1664915362282.png

1664915386171.png

However, it does contrast beautifully with the red calipers, so I need convincing CR is the right choice fully paint corrected, PPFed and ceramic coated. Then it pops.

Please convince me and save me £4,500 and another 6 month wait. Thank you 😂
I’ve just read your PEC day post and it’ll take some convincing following that 🤪

I’m liking the greys above but as you say extra wait and more spend… until you get lock in keep looking I guess.

I was pretty much set on Carmine before I seen these. Just to add I’ve ordered a CT4S

Porsche Taycan What’s the consensus on the best Taycan colour? 50608A81-F541-4DCE-9784-AADB97D487FD
Porsche Taycan What’s the consensus on the best Taycan colour? 49362A58-90AC-44CD-860E-69E6615F6AA7