What’s the deal with the tire pressure deviation screen?

Tay Tay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead-end street
Country flag
I have 19” all-seasons set to part load. Target pressure is supposed to be 33/32. I have them set to 34/33 cold. Yet the deviation screen says my tires are +0 for the front and +3/+4 on the rears???

The manual says they take into account tire temperature but I measured everything at the same temperature (around 50). I’ve tried resetting TPMS by changing the tire selection and changing it back but it still reports that weird deviation.
Sponsored

REIL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ / MY20
Country flag
I have 19” all-seasons set to part load. Target pressure is supposed to be 33/32. I have them set to 34/33 cold. Yet the deviation screen says my tires are +0 for the front and +3/+4 on the rears???

The manual says they take into account tire temperature but I measured everything at the same temperature (around 50). I’ve tried resetting TPMS by changing the tire selection and changing it back but it still reports that weird deviation.
I had a similar situation once last month. Followed similar procedures as you. One thing I did do that may help was I added a bit of air to each tire and then deflated them to match the desired psi. I then did the TPMS reset again and switched from snow tire off and then back on.
Have not seen the problem again.

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW XI/Taycan 21 4S
Country flag
I had a similar situation once last month. Followed similar procedures as you. One thing I did do that may help was I added a bit of air to each tire and then deflated them to match the desired psi. I then did the TPMS reset again and switched from snow tire off and then back on.
Have not seen the problem again.
Where is the tpms reset switch.I switched tires and and the deviation screen is way off but for the life off me I cannot find that reset switch.I drive a 4S 2021

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
There is no switch per-se, you change the installed tire type or size in PCM menus, then change it back. The change is what triggers the PCM to start the re-learn process. Also note that the PCM will tell you the correct partial load pressure - the door sticker will tell you the full load pressure. You want the partial load pressure or something in between the two.

REIL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ / MY20
Country flag
Where is the tpms reset switch.I switched tires and and the deviation screen is way off but for the life off me I cannot find that reset switch.I drive a 4S 2021
@Eric If you have not tried this go to settings – vehicle – tire pressure monitoring
Then cycle tire selection from winter to all season or summer or whatever you placed on the vehicle.
I show no tire psi as the car was parked in garage needs 15 mph to activate.
Hope this helps and is what you were looking for.

Porsche Taycan What’s the deal with the tire pressure deviation screen? AF70F723-4EDF-4681-92F0-75AEB5938630

Porsche Taycan What’s the deal with the tire pressure deviation screen? 4EF418F9-3015-47BB-9F0B-E0587E17F63B

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW XI/Taycan 21 4S
Country flag
@Eric If you have not tried this go to settings – vehicle – tire pressure monitoring
Then cycle tire selection from winter to all season or summer or whatever you placed on the vehicle.
I show no tire psi as the car was parked in garage needs 15 mph to activate.
Hope this helps and is what you were looking for.

AF70F723-4EDF-4681-92F0-75AEB5938630.jpeg

4EF418F9-3015-47BB-9F0B-E0587E17F63B.jpeg
Thanks will try