What’s the general consensus on having the model designation on the doors?

Model designation on doors?

• Total voters
OP
OP

Dimebag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Kinda hard to tone down these cars. It gets more attention than my exotic weekender car. Embrace it and just park towards the back of the parking lot when you meet with clients!

I went an entirely different route all together...more of an homage to days gone by.
Screen Shot 2021-10-28 at 8.27.28 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-10-28 at 8.30.24 AM.png
That looks awesome - I was quite surprised to hear you get a lot of attention from the car; I thought it was quite low key until I was driving back from London today and saw a few on the road, they are quite uniquely imposing vehicles.

OP
OP

Dimebag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I use it as a daily driver and have to visit clients etc also.

I am telling them that I can afford it as thankfully our fees are based on the profits we make for them, and we have been doing so well! ?

I also tell them its costing about the same as my last car at its so cheap to run.

I don't think the colour would be an issue tbh.
Black would be as much an issue as Silver or grey if someone were of that frame of mind. Maybe even more so if its shiny and gleaming imo.

In fact, I have had a number of clients say they love the colour.
I agree with this mentality; if the potential client likes you, they'll be interested in the car / respect you for achieving the means to purchase whereas if they don't like you, they'll just hate you even more after seeing the car... but you were never going to get the business anyway by that point.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I agree with this mentality; if the potential client likes you, they'll be interested in the car / respect you for achieving the means to purchase whereas if they don't like you, they'll just hate you even more after seeing the car... but you were never going to get the business anyway by that point.
And also, how would they feel if you pulled up in a 20 year old Ford Fiesta or similar?

Surely they prefer you to be good/successful at your job if they are going to deal with you.

OP
OP

Dimebag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
And also, how would they feel if you pulled up in a 20 year old Ford Fiesta or similar?

Surely they prefer you to be good/successful at your job if they are going to deal with you.
you’d think so. America - yes, England - debatable.
Sponsored