SteveDC

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 308QV
Country flag
You’ll notice I am being told I am exceeding a 55 mph speed limit while stopped.

Worse, the speed limit icon freezes at 55 mph, even in school zones! I tried setting Innodrive to track changing speed limits, and that doesn’t work either. We just cruise along at any speed limit I set in cruise, regardless of posted limit.

After the car has been sitting turned off for a while, normal functioning of display of
Porsche Taycan What’s wrong with this picture? Posted Speed Limit fail D4F69DD4-DCE7-4BF1-AC10-9102635C73D8
posted speed limits returns.

Are others having the same posted speed limit problems?

Steve
Sponsored

Last edited:

gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Sounds like a visit to your dealer is in order. I use Innodrive on the main highways and once I set my cruise speed, even if it is higher than the posted limit, it will maintain that speed until there is a sign with a lower limit. Then, once the lower limit sign is recognized it slows down to that speed.

Your issue definitely is not normal behavior.

Tilt

First Name
Kjell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan CT4
Country flag
Do you know you can get info of battery temp. instead of app car play on the right display?

Ramvet

First Name
Lorin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 T 4S, 2018 Suzuki 1000 GSX-S
Country flag
Kjell,
You can configure your "tubes" (display sections on dashboard) in Settings>Displays, going on my memory.
Gary,
The InnoDrive feature that slows you down in a speed zone that is slower than you are traveling can be turned off. Don't recall where in Settings that is, but I did that and I am much happier.

QueenBean

First Name
Jill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Polestar 2, Rubicon 4xe, F-Pace
Country flag
You’ll notice I am being told I am exceeding a 55 mph speed limit while stopped.

Worse, the speed limit icon freezes at 55 mph, even in school zones! I tried setting Innodrive to track changing speed limits, and that doesn’t work either. We just cruise along at any speed limit I set in cruise, regardless of posted limit.

After the car has been sitting turned off for a while, normal functioning of display of
D4F69DD4-DCE7-4BF1-AC10-9102635C73D8.jpeg

Steve
Have had the same issue with indicated speed limit getting stuck and affecting Innodrive.

OP
OP
SteveDC

SteveDC

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 308QV
Country flag
Have had the same issue with indicated speed limit getting stuck and affecting Innodrive.
Aha! It appears to reset and work for a while, then starts up. Did you have any luck with a fix? One of the posters on this thread suggested “reset terminal 20“. I don’t know how that is done or where terminal 20 is located.

cgfrndpor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E-Tron; 2021 4S; ex_BMW540
Country flag

Steve
Yes. It happens at odd intervals.
BTW I just had the big update/recall done but the problem recurred the next day, so doesn't look like that was fixed. Disappointed about that. Dealer is aware of the problem and surprised the update didn't address.

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, '06 Club Coupe (#48)
Country flag

Steve
I think it detected that you were thinking about your need for speed and the fact that you cannot drive 55. Preventative measures to save you from yourself.

OP
OP
SteveDC

SteveDC

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 308QV
Country flag
Aha! It appears to reset and work for a while, then starts up. Did you have any luck with a fix? One of the posters on this thread suggested “reset terminal 20“. I don’t know how that is done or where terminal 20 is located.
About to go in for software recall (colored icons, etc.). I’m hoping that will fix it. S.
Sponsored