What’s your Taycan's winter / cold weather range?

Howie

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS STCayenne 992GT3 Ferrari488spider 993C2
Country flag
Short runs are a killer as per an ICE car.
That is what my OPC service manager said when I told him about the range difference between my GTS and 4S.
Sponsored

BMonte13

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan
Country flag
I’ve historically been surprised in my interactions with sale associates and Porsche service techs that they are not aware of this forum. It’s an invaluable resource.

Reactions: B61

gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW Series 3 XDRIVE M SPORT
Country flag
With the winter finally set upon us what’s peoples range ? I’m getting around 200 on a full charge with my 4s ct which does make life a tad harder especially if I need to go somewhere ie north east Manchester and back
200 for winter. Just stop for more coffee. It old anyway

RichardPB

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT Gentian Blue /retired AR Quadrifolio
Country flag
4S CT 20 inch Performance Battery Plus latest software 20k mileage 16 months old - mostly use sport plus 230 summer 205 winter

icedup51

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S MY22 and Abarth 595 Trofero:
Country flag
Summer about 205 miles on 80% charge, now about 180 miles. Came as bit of a shock what the loss is and we haven't got to minus temps. yet. Not sure what difference 21inch wheel make but seems now to be down to 2.5 miles/KWh. Even on a 360 mile round trip best return was 2.9 against a summer trip of 3.2.
I really thought electric was the way to go but next car will be ICE

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I really thought electric was the way to go but next car will be ICE
My ICE car gets about a 10% hit in fuel consumption in winter too, but less noticeable because a full fuel tank goes from 500 miles to 450, which are both plenty so not noticed as a convenience thing.

I am resigned to stopping more often in my new Taycan, winter or summer.
The most frequent long journey I do may be just possible on 100% battery in summer but definitely not in winter so I just plan to stop and have sussed what I hope is a convenient charger en route.

I am not selling the ICE car yet though.

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
3 week old CT-Turbo Around 190-200 in normal mixed driving (Devon is twisty-hilly) -

-220(motorway taking it steady).

cheers

Foxy

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS6,992GTS,GolfGTI
Country flag
Ignore the guessometer and review your consumption figures for mi/kWh anything less than 3 on a decent run is not ideal.

Take your consumption number and convert this to actual range. It will be more than the guessometer.

Switch AC to Eco or Eco Plus and rely on seat heating and steering wheel heating to max your range.

Range drive mode will help a little (single motor).

The fact is that range guesstimate in UK when it's cold will be 215 -225 at best before turning a wheel.
I found the guessometer to be pretty accurate overall, but set off on a very cold and foggy morning last week and saw range drop from 177 to 154 within the first 3 miles, I was concerned as I’d got a 110 mile round trip no ahead of me. When I got home the range was showing 66 miles, which tallied with my starting point.

I can’t get more than 200 out of my 4S with 21’s and PB+.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I found the guessometer to be pretty accurate overall, but set off on a very cold and foggy morning last week and saw range drop from 177 to 154 within the first 3 miles, I was concerned as I’d got a 110 mile round trip no ahead of me. When I got home the range was showing 66 miles, which tallied with my starting point.

I can’t get more than 200 out of my 4S with 21’s and PB+.
The range will continue to adjust and in the end the accuracy is there. The mistake people are making is to rely on the initial guesstimate.

If in doubt and going on a decent run use the NAV to calculate remaining battery as it's normally spot on or if anything the %SOC will rise.

Skier

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
With the winter finally set upon us what’s peoples range ? I’m getting around 200 on a full charge with my 4s ct which does make life a tad harder especially if I need to go somewhere ie north east Manchester and back
2020 T Turbo: 270 miles in summer, 235 in winter.

RGBArgee

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCrossT.992 Turbo S.Audi S3 8Y, MG Midget
Country flag
Same here after range upgrade recall.

Skier

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
My reply above is for a Turbo with 20inch wheels. I just got and took an allocation for a 2023 Turbo for April delivery and although I really like the mission E wheels I opted for the 20 inch aerosport I have now. Better mileage and more durable.

ron james

First Name
ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan s and Taycan GTS 2022 -Boxter 2007
Country flag
after update I have approx 10 percent reduction -around 195 -I did expect to get more reading the blurb on update - my home charging time as also increased -I am currently monitoring so I can take up with correct data to discuss with service centre
Sponsored