neilj007

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Macan, Renault Zoe
Country flag
Only done a total of about 400 miles so far, but 200 of these were a day trip to Exmoor from near Chippenham yesterday. Outward journey (85 miles) was via Shepton Mallet, Glastonbury, across the levels, through taunton and up into Exmoor. The return journey (100 miles) was M5, M4, A46...plus a little trip into our favourite pie shop in Dulverton

I was on the road by 7, so roads very quiet. As it's a new CT, range was only showing as 225 miles and the regen hadn't really kicked in yet.

It's such a pleasure to drive...whether taking it sedately, or pushing on with vigour...it responds instantly and with ease. Overtaking was no issue whatsoever. Once I hit the boundary to Exmoor, climbing in altitude, twisting roads and no traffic...wow...very planted, very secure...probably a good job i didn't have my "co-driver" sat with me.

The accuracy of the remaining range was spot-on so, whilst I didn't need to recharge for the journey home, I thought I'd try the rapid chargers in Dulverton. Tapped my card, plugged in and away we went at 100kwh. In the 20 minutes I was in town, it had topped up all I'd used on the journey down though it is a tad expensive at 40pp unit.

Return journey on motorway was very comfortable at all speeds and returned home with 120 mile range at 50% equating to full range of 240 miles.

Very impressed and impressive....
Sponsored

darth_maul_80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 , Taycan GTS
Country flag
We have our one on order and haven’t locked in yet. Yet whenever I see one it brings a smile to my face knowing I will own one shortly!

currently suffering from Man flu and had to pick up antibiotics from pharmacy in beaconsfield sainsburys. Despite feeling crappy the gentian blue Taycan I saw pull up made me smile! Can’t wait for mine - whichever colour I end up with

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I wish I'd gone for Mamba but was overruled lol (was told it looked like the sick emoji...)...but the gentian is pretty good
Green is my favourite colour but is almost never offered these days, so Mamba was the instant obvious choice for me. I am going for a Deep Purple interior with it.

MrB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S and Fiat 500e La Prima
Country flag
I wish I'd gone for Mamba but was overruled lol (was told it looked like the sick emoji...)...but the gentian is pretty good
Gentian is beautiful. I fully expected to be overruled and had Gentian as my banker colour (my wife adores dark blue) yet she saw the Mamba demo at the local OPC and absolutely loved (and continues to love) it.

MrB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Green is my favourite colour but is almost never offered these days, so Mamba was the instant obvious choice for me. I am going for a Deep Purple interior with it.
That will look absolutely phenomenal. My only regret is not being bolder with my interior choice (chalk beige, almost feels like a bit of a cop out now). First world problems indeed!

OP
OP

neilj007

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Macan, Renault Zoe
Country flag
That will look absolutely phenomenal. My only regret is not being bolder with my interior choice (chalk beige, almost feels like a bit of a cop out now). First world problems indeed!
I love the chalk - quite a contrast and quite classy when compared to black...

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I did like the chalk a lot but there was too much black for my taste, I am bored by endless black interiors!
I liked the red too but my wife didn't, the only pale colour without much black is the beige which will certainly be brighter and cooler but I liked the Deep Purple with Neodyme accents which brightens it up, so I am going for a dark interior - hope the back isn't too much like a dungeon...

MrB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I did like the chalk a lot but there was too much black for my taste, I am bored by endless black interiors!
I liked the red too but my wife didn't, the only pale colour without much black is the beige which will certainly be brighter and cooler but I liked the Deep Purple with Neodyme accents which brightens it up, so I am going for a dark interior - hope the back isn't too much like a dungeon...
Apologies, I think I might have been a little ambiguous - I did go for the chalk beige rather than the crayon as I didn’t like the starkness of the contrast too much between the dark and the light elements and the chalk beige has the beige door cards etc to lighten the interior.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Apologies, I think I might have been a little ambiguous - I did go for the chalk beige rather than the crayon as I didn’t like the starkness of the contrast too much between the dark and the light elements and the chalk beige has the beige door cards etc to lighten the interior.
I still might copy you, that was my original choice on day 1 but the purple...

Reactions: MrB