Harrica

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2021 CT
Country flag
I ordered my 4 CT in April, it shipped early and was suppose to be at the dealer on August 20, it wasn’t and now TYD shows Sept 24th, I’ve called the dealer and they don’t seem to have a clue. Bit of a bummer
Sponsored

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
are folks getting the information of delivery stages and times from the track your dreams site or from a SA or other source?
Track Your Dream but I do text my salesman on occasion.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I ordered my 4 CT in April, it shipped early and was suppose to be at the dealer on August 20, it wasn’t and now TYD shows Sept 24th, I’ve called the dealer and they don’t seem to have a clue. Bit of a bummer
Other than your order date, your dates on TYD changed the same as mine. The dealer can look in their software by your Vin ( Vin is listed in TYD too) and find the open campaigns on your car (things missing). I had my salesman send me a screenshot.

menzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mino cooper S, waiting for taycan CT
Country flag
If production started on July 19, then the car is finnished and you(r dealer) should get a VIN.
AFAIK, all those cars are without TPMS, and it looks that they are shipping them to make more free space around the factory... .
It has a vin but it didn’t the completion milestone. It could be waiting on tpms in the factory or something else.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
AFAIK, dealers have info what parts are missing that prevents delivery.
For instance, 2nd key may be missed, but that doesn't stop delivery.... while TPMS is a show stopper.

JohnSyme

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan
Country flag
If production started on July 19, then the car is finnished and you(r dealer) should get a VIN.
AFAIK, all those cars are without TPMS, and it looks that they are shipping them to make more free space around the factory... .
Although space at factory is an issue it’s for speed. Say they keep car at factory until TPMS arrives on 1st September (for example) then fit it, then it takes another month to ship the car over ….However if they get TPMS on 1st September then DHL of FedEx overnight to ports…. Customer gets car, they and dealer get paid etc a month earlier,

JohnSyme

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan
Country flag
Although space at factory is an issue it’s for speed. Say they keep car at factory until TPMS arrives on 1st September (for example) then fit it, then it takes another month to ship the car over ….However if they get TPMS on 1st September then DHL of FedEx overnight to ports…. Customer gets car, they and dealer get paid etc a month earlier,
P.S. my Taycan arrived Jacksonville 8/16 delivery was showing 8/20 then changed to 9/24!

scav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo (2022)
Country flag
No TYD I’m Norway. However, got an October allocation in July. Freeze last week. Production update/confirmation from Porsche is still October with completion early November.

Could different markets be prioritized differently?

f10tt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan, 2022 Cayenne, 2021 Bronco
Country flag
anyone had there 2022 order dates change in track your dream
Yes twice. Changed from my actual order date to the date I made one change to my config and then again when last week. Total of about 10 days from when I actually ordered the car to what's showing up on TYD.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
P.S. my Taycan arrived Jacksonville 8/16 delivery was showing 8/20 then changed to 9/24!
John your car and mine too. Was it on the Siem Aristotle? I had my dealer pull their internal report and the hold on mine is the TPM ( also 1 key, manual steering column, and cellphone charger but it can be sold with these missing).​

mikelevitt

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
We ordered at the end of May and picked up the car last week. Cabin sun sensor was missing on the build but they shipped it to the dealer for installation, and caused no delay. Actually arrived about when originally promised, showed a delay at first, but then arrived at the dock weeks early. TYD was pretty accurate until the car got off the boat, and then it showed at the dealer a week or so before it actually arrived, while the map never updated past the point it got put on a truck. Got one key....

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
No TYD I’m Norway. However, got an October allocation in July. Freeze last week. Production update/confirmation from Porsche is still October with completion early November.

Could different markets be prioritized differently?
Possibly I also got an allocation/ordered in July, orig Freeze Sep 3, del Nov 19; now freeze Oct 29 del Jan 19, 2022!! Quite a difference to say the least.

Bella

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4 CT, Prius
Country flag
Possibly I also got an allocation/ordered in July, orig Freeze Sep 3, del Nov 19; now freeze Oct 29 del Jan 19, 2022!! Quite a difference to say the least.
Did Track Your Dreams show an original freeze date of 9/3 or was that info from the Dealer?

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Did Track Your Dreams show an original freeze date of 9/3 or was that info from the Dealer?
From both!

Do wonder if in adding later option changes if this really does impact build/deivery. Technically it should not of course, as well before any freeze pt. but perhaps impacted me nonetheless?
Sponsored

Last edited: