frankchn

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 TTS, Taycan TTS
Country flag
I think it isn’t an update but I think they are submitting paperwork or waiting for EPA approval.

The cars don’t have an official EPA range or consumption figure yet (no 2022 Taycans on fueleconomy.gov right now).
Sponsored

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
Update #2 on my MY22 RWD (bold indicates actual date)

Order Date: 08/09/2021
Freeze Date: 08/23/2021 (est. 09/01/2021)
Schedule Production: 09/03/2021 (est. 09/16/2021)
Begin Production: 09/13/2021 (est. 09/24/2021)
Completed Production: 9/17/2021 (est. 9/24/2021)
Transport: 09/20/2021 (09/24/2021 est.)
On Vessel: 09/23/2021 (10/15/2021 est.)
Arrive (Baltimore, MD USA) : 10/04/2021 (10/08/2021 est) (11/05/2021 orig est.)
Dealer: 10/08/2021 est. (11/05/2021 est.)

The car is not being delivered today. As of this morning there is an "AMC1 Stop Delivery" that PCNA put on the car. SA doesn't know what that means for Taycans because in his experience it's only ICE cars that go through EPA testing.

The car has one open campaign for steering column and now this stop delivery. ETA unknown.

Edit: Spoke to VP with PCNA 10/8 @ 1pm Eastern. All 2022s now have a stop sale on them for a programming/update at port.
My car is waiting to be shipped from Emden next week but has the same stop delivery. This is was my SA sent me about it. Looks to be a quick fix.

AMC1 Stop Delivery - Hazard Warning Lamp – automatic activation re-programming
Vehicle blocking - Stop Delivery
Please do not deliver the subject vehicles to customers until the remedy is performed.

Overview
The subject vehicles are programmed with pre-collision automatic hazard warning lamp activation logic that exceeds the automatic activation functionality permitted by FMVSS No. 108. To remedy this incompatibility with the applicable regulation, the subject vehicles will be reprogrammed to remove the function.

jcroix

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
That's my thought too but delivery date just got pushed again. SA has no idea when he'll see my car, 2 other 22 RWDs and a 22 4s that were all on the conductor.

They're all on stop sale right now for whatever update is needed. Disappointing but nothing we can do. I'd be interested if other 22s are being delayed.
If there was only 1 2022 4S on the Conductor, that would be mine. Lucky me. It arrived at Houston well before the 11/5 projected date, just to be held up on a stop sale.

At least you’re getting information from PCNA and your SA about status. When I contact my Porsche dealership, I usually have more information than they do based on contributions by everybody in this forum. My SA asked me where I’m getting all this great data, and I pointed him here :rock:.

Toodal00

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan RWD, 21 Tesla MY, Mercedes E350, GLC 300
Country flag
If there was only 1 2022 4S on the Conductor, that would be mine. Lucky me. It arrived at Houston well before the 11/5 projected date, just to be held up on a stop sale.

At least you’re getting information from PCNA and your SA about status. When I contact my Porsche dealership, I usually have more information than they do based on contributions by everybody in this forum. My SA asked me where I’m getting all this great data, and I pointed him here :rock:.
They are mostly clueless, theyre there just to collect checks, don't care about what features the cars have and what is going on with them.

f10tt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan, 2022 Cayenne, 2021 Bronco
Country flag
They are mostly clueless, theyre there just to collect checks, don't care about what features the cars have and what is going on with them.
My SA has been particularly helpful but if PCNA isn't giving them the info there isn't much for them to do. I just went to the source.

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
I must be lucky. My SA emails and usually calls me every week or so to give me an update on his end and it's nice to compare with the TYD. He had my VIN before it showed up on TYD, so that was useful.

With so few cars on the lot I'm sure they're pretty anxious to get these cars in and sold, so at least on my end, the customer experience has so far been great.

jcroix

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Looks like the cars are starting to be delivered. I received a call from the sales manager at the local dealership to say that I can pick up my 2022 4S tomorrow (Wednesday). It’s en route right now. That’s a much shorter delay than what I thought it was going to be!

Reactions: B61
OP
OP

taycanfun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan
Country flag
Hi Everyone - any folks have an update on their car in TYD for Arrival at Emden Port?
Sponsored