PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
Does anyone know if this is affecting all Porsche models? Was just looking at inventories in the DC Metro area and nobody has any new cars except Macans...
I am following the 992 deliveries on Rennlist and they are experiencing the same issues. Cannot speak to other models.

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
Well, as feared, my production complete date was pushed from 9/3 to 9/17. Delivery pushed from 10/15 to 11/5. I was looking forward to having this car well before the Chicago winter. Alas…?
Exact same dates for me. I lucked into a dealer allocation a few days before their lock date earlier this month, got my build in and TYD a day later. He said it was only possible because they had pushed back the production date a few times. Happy to have stumbled ass backwards into a CT4 build, but sucks when these things get delayed. Here's hoping for smooth sailing (literally and figuratively) between now and early Nov. Cheers!

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Does anyone know if this is affecting all Porsche models? Was just looking at inventories in the DC Metro area and nobody has any new cars except Macans...
afaik, it affected all models.
my dealer have’t received any single car since beginning of July.
Last week, they got six, only one (mine) CT.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Any update on your car?
Still in the port in Jacksonville. Salesman said he will not know anything until it is on the truck. So I am guessing there are no TPM in Jacksonville yet. :(

ChronoMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mamba Taycan CT
Country flag
.....Someone posted on another thread that the factory authorized a 1.5% discount for the delayed cars. Not sure that is accurate, but if it is will all dealers will honor or admit to it? Hope to find something in writing on that if my car is delayed as it is predicted right now.
If anyone has evidence of this, please post. If it exists, needless to say, when we ask our dealer, they will feign ignorance and pocket the discount for themselves.

Max Powers

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
5 week delay here... My CT production was completed on 19 July, shipped on 30 July and the car is now sitting in Houston since 23 August. Scheduled delivery was 27 August, that shifted to 1 October the day before it was scheduled to be delivered... I inquired to the dealer about the delay-discount, haven't heard anything back.

OP
OP

taycanfun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan
Country flag
I just noticed my track your dream moved back a couple of weeks for Nov to Dec delivery. I still hope to get this year.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
5 week delay here... My CT production was completed on 19 July, shipped on 30 July and the car is now sitting in Houston since 23 August. Scheduled delivery was 27 August, that shifted to 1 October the day before it was scheduled to be delivered... I inquired to the dealer about the delay-discount, haven't heard anything back.
I have been searching for some documented evidence of the 1.5% factory discount due to the delay and not found anything yet. My dates were about a week prior to yours (8/14 at the port and for delivery 8/20 and then moved to delivery 9/24). Zero movement since. I am going to inquire about that discount once the car is there and we are ready to close the sale. I can barely get any information out of them other than we know the same as you and will let you know when the car is on a truck.

dickp

First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dickpitini.com
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4
Country flag
I just noticed my track your dream moved back a couple of weeks for Nov to Dec delivery. I still hope to get this year.
Is yours a MY 21 or MY22? Not getting the car before end of this year would mean not being able to use the Fed Tax Credit for another year (assuming it does not get cancelled altogether in 2022)

OP
OP

taycanfun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan
Country flag
Is yours a MY 21 or MY22? Not getting the car before end of this year would mean not being able to use the Fed Tax Credit for another year (assuming it does not get cancelled altogether in 2022)
It is at 2022 but you are right I would like to get the tax credit this year and not have it go away :)

hkarthik

First Name
Karthik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S White
Country flag
My sales guy at Suncoast Porsche in FL just got back to me today.

I'm officially in the "Delayed by TPMS" club with the rest of y'all. My 2021 4S was scheduled for delivery on 9/2 and it's now delayed to 9/24. It's sitting in the Jacksonville port now with all the other Taycans.

I just called Porsche directly this weekend and they reiterated the 9/2 date, so looks like the supply issue is worse than I thought.

I am hoping it gets here in time for me to actually meet the pre-approval deadline for my car's financing, otherwise I have to go elsewhere and get a worse interest rate, most likely.

daned

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan Mercedes AMG GTS Edition 1
Country flag
My 2022 order was placed end of July and freeze point was 8/27 was set for the Sep 3 production and just today the date jumped to sep 17 production and delivery shows mid November now, so it seems it did get pushed up. What was more surprising was the order was placed in July and TYD showed that date all along only to update the date of order created to 8/31 all of a sudden yesterday.

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
My 2022 order was placed end of July and freeze point was 8/27 was set for the Sep 3 production and just today the date jumped to sep 17 production and delivery shows mid November now, so it seems it did get pushed up. What was more surprising was the order was placed in July and TYD showed that date all along only to update the date of order created to 8/31 all of a sudden yesterday.
Exact same thing just happened to me today. My order was done in August with a Sept 10 Production start date. Bumped to Sept 17 with mid Nov delivery. My Freeze date changed several times in TYD as well. From mid August, to late August, to today 9/1. Hopefully that's it as far as delays and we end up with a speedy boat and port unloading.
Sponsored