vdr

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maybe a Taycan...
Country flag
When you log in to Porsche, does it show your car? This was how I found my VIN (see pic).
TaycanVin.jpg

Nope... My last "Milestone Completion" on TYD shows the following:
When you log in to Porsche, does it show your car? This was how I found my VIN (see pic).
Porsche Taycan What are folks hearing about delivery dates for September 2021 USA Orders TaycanVin
Nope. My last Milestone Completions date is as follows. Production is now scheduled to be completed on 10/15:

Porsche Taycan What are folks hearing about delivery dates for September 2021 USA Orders IMG_7787
Sponsored

vdr

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maybe a Taycan...
Country flag
I had a lock in date of end of May 2021 for a Taycan RWD 2021 model. It was initially due to arrive in early September 2021. Arrival date is now in early December 2021.
Yup, same as me for my '21 4S. Lock in date originally 05/26 with a delivery of 08/06. Now a projected delivery that's nearly 4 months later

menzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mino cooper S, waiting for taycan CT
Country flag

Nope. My last Milestone Completions date is as follows. Production is now scheduled to be completed on 10/15:

IMG_7787.jpeg
You need to look at the cover page not the track your dream link.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag

IMG_7787.jpeg
Oh I was thinking your car was done. Things seemed to have slowed right after my car finished and the cars finished the week before mine got the last of the TPM and Sunsensors.

dickp

First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dickpitini.com
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4
Country flag
As I said/wrote before: I’ve been thinking to cancel the contract several times in July and August…then I realized that there’s no other EV car close to Taycan….so I’ll wait by the end of September.
But on October 01, I’ll cancel for sure, since there’s no sense to take MY21 in Q4.
And, I’’ll place an order for MY22, delivery somewhere in Q2…
Do not know how it works at your dealer. But at my US dealer, once you pass the freeze point its your car and cancelling is not easy to do. The car is going to come to the dealer at some point and they are going to sell it to you & you have made a deposit of around 10%.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Do not know how it works at your dealer. But at my US dealer, once you pass the freeze point its your car and cancelling is not easy to do. The car is going to come to the dealer at some point and they are going to sell it to you & you have made a deposit of around 10%.
Interesting. My deposit was 3% for a truly fully (I mean loaded) optioned car - if said car turns up with anything other than the build sheet order (excluding issues with sourcing chips for certain parts to be retrofitted later when available), I have the right to refuse the car.

Some of the wording in my contract is such that they can argue re retaining my deposit if I refuse the car if it is 100% as ordered i.e. hard to move over-optioned vehicles which I entirely understand, but even there I know my lawyer could rectify that if needed. Would not be surprised however if there are different conditions between purchase locations.

dickp

First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dickpitini.com
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4
Country flag
Interesting. My deposit was 3% for a truly fully (I mean loaded) optioned car - if said car turns up with anything other than the build sheet order (excluding issues with sourcing chips for certain parts to be retrofitted later when available), I have the right to refuse the car.

Some of the wording in my contract is such that they can argue re retaining my deposit if I refuse the car if it is 100% as ordered i.e. hard to move over-optioned vehicles which I entirely understand, but even there I know my lawyer could rectify that if needed. Would not be surprised however if there are different conditions between purchase locations.
Great job at only paying only a 3% deposit. Were you a long term customer of your dealer?

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Great job at only paying only a 3% deposit. Were you a long term customer of your dealer?
No but referred to by one such and perhaps that helped - pure ignorance here but is 10% considered std. and I just got lucky? My SA actually apologized for the 'higher' required deposit because of my loaded option list!

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
My deposit was 20%, but I can get refund since they didn‘t deliver on time.

hkarthik

First Name
Karthik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S White
Country flag
How many of you are thinking of canceling your order and going for something off the lot or a used Taycan?

Dealers are well aware and taking advantage by price gouging. I had a dealer this morning try to sell a used 2021 4S at $3K above MSRP. It had been titled, but returned after 3 months.

TYO

First Name
Tyrone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60 Hybrid, Taycan RWD
Country flag
Yup, same as me for my '21 4S. Lock in date originally 05/26 with a delivery of 08/06. Now a projected delivery that's nearly 4 months later
Exactly. And I was required to put down 27% deposit based on my spec.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
Exactly. And I was required to put down 27% deposit based on my spec.
You have to leave a 27% deposit??? I do think that the dealer decides the deposit, but the highest I heard when I was shopping was $5k. Though he did say something about it could be higher if it was a color and optioned that would only be desirable for a limited number of people.
Sponsored

Last edited: