What are the Must Have Options

Rainforest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3 LR
Country flag
Nobody talks about "Active Parking Support", and I can't find any opinions/information whatsoever on the internet.
Sponsored

OP
OP
tibiafx1

tibiafx1

First Name
AC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Chalk with Stealth wrap
Country flag
I think a lot depends on your location, how you intend to use the car and budget! In Australia we do not have packages of options, so the costs can add up very quickly (but we have a higher standard spec - Bose, mirrors, ACC, etc). For me the car is a daily driver, mainly city/motorway driving 20-60km a day and purchased, not leased. Obviously I like your colour choice and for me key options were PB+, full leather and ambient lighting. With chalk/crayon I think you need black window trim and no or black model designation.
That’s interesting that you have higher standard specs in Australia. Yes, I definitely went with high gloss trim and badge designation.

OP
OP
tibiafx1

tibiafx1

First Name
AC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Nobody talks about "Active Parking Support", and I can't find any opinions/information whatsoever on the internet.
I would guess it’s because it’s a seldom used feature. I have it on my Mercedes and I’ve used it twice in 3 years!

OP
OP
tibiafx1

tibiafx1

First Name
AC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What I think for a perfect taycan configuration:

Soul(must have)
-powered charging port
-electric sport sound

Cosmetic
-mission e wheels w/ color match exterior color (white &white)
-PSCB brakes
-carbon fiber trim(interior)

Performance
-performance battery plus
-sport Chrono
-PDCC sport
-Rear-axle steering

Tech
-ACC
-25 feet charging cable
I like they way you break down the options based on category! Thanks.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Curious re Sport Chrono Pack. Is it anthing more than a knob on sterring wheel and a clock on the dash? What are you giving up if you don't have it?
Not really giving up anything except maybe the GT wheel. I say maybe because I forgot if you can get the GT steering wheel alone without chrono pack on RWD. I do love the clock especially since I ordered mine with red face to match red interior. I think it adds to the overall aesthetic.

raymort

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo 2020
Country flag
400VDC charger upgrades the 400VDC charger from 50kW to 150kW, so if you run across a 400VDC station that’s greater than 50kW, you can charge faster. It’s my understanding that they aren’t common in the US.

The 19.2kWAC charger upgrades the AC charger from 9.6kW to 19.2kW. This would be used at home if you have a larger Level 2 EVSE to use with it or if you run across larger Level 2 EVSEs out in public. I think this is not very common.

I also think the standard AC charger will actually go up to 11kW even though it only says 9.6kW.

Note that those are separate from the 800VDC 270kW charging that is standard.
I would get the 400K Charger!
I’ve done long trips. While only 2/8 charges are the high speed ones, it’s great going from 25 to 80% in 15 min.

andrewh3

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have the Active Parking Support but have never used it, so not sure if it would ever be useful. I was going to add it mainly because it comes with rear traffic alert.
Higher Australian spec reflects our much higher base prices! A base 4S with no options is the equivalent of US$154K on the road...

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I would get the 400K Charger!
I’ve done long trips. While only 2/8 charges are the high speed ones, it’s great going from 25 to 80% in 15 min.
Have you ever seen a 400v charger that can support more than 50kw charging? That is the only kind of chargers that this option will be used. If yes what brand/company was it?

Just to clarify, the EA chargers are 800v and this option is not needed for fast charging. Also other chargers like the 50kw ChargePoint DC chargers only support up to 50kw so again this option is not needed.

MrRothIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Incoming: Taycan
Country flag
Same here - I have it spec’d but was hoping to see more about it. Other than a short YT video I haven't seen much out there.

I know everybody is in different situations- but living in a busy city and having to parallel park all the time, park assist was high up on my list.

I’m hoping that its one of the features that will get better/more advanced with updates.

Rainforest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3 LR
Country flag
I have the Active Parking Support but have never used it, so not sure if it would ever be useful. I was going to add it mainly because it comes with rear traffic alert.
Higher Australian spec reflects our much higher base prices! A base 4S with no options is the equivalent of US$154K on the road...
Can you test it out and share your experience?

andrewh3

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
OK, tied to use Active Parking Support in my garage today but "Inactive as chassis height is too high". I have to raise the height due to the steep driveway, so it seems APS will only work when the height is standard. Will have a go in another location that does not have a driveway this week and advise

TS-Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 TTS
Country flag
MUST have:

18 way seats
Rear steering
Hi-Po battery and the highest capacity charging options for future proofing
25‘ cord
ACC