Taycan 4S Chalk with Stealth wrap
Country flag
MUST have:

18 way seats
Rear steering
Hi-Po battery and the highest capacity charging options for future proofing
25‘ cord
ACC
Thanks for responding. In terms of the 18 way seats, I’m 6’1” 230lbs(athletic build). Will I fit comfortably in those seats? My sales rep says the seats may be a bit snug for larger folks.
Sponsored

TS-Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 TTS
Country flag
I can’t say. I’m 5’10 and 170. My dad is a big boy at 6’4” and 230. He hasn’t complained about them, but no long rides yet for him just plenty of short ones.

OP
OP
tibiafx1

tibiafx1

First Name
AC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I can’t say. I’m 5’10 and 170. My dad is a big boy at 6’4” and 230. He hasn’t complained about them, but no long rides yet for him just plenty of short ones.
Any increased difficultly getting out of the car for your dad with the 18way seats?

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
I find the 14-way easier to get in and out of - at least for me. 18-way in the '21 Cayenne do have aggressive cushion bolsters that are difficult for older people (my mother)

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
Curious re Sport Chrono Pack. Is it anthing more than a knob on sterring wheel and a clock on the dash? What are you giving up if you don't have it?
As I just discovered because I don't have it in my car, if you dont get the sports chrono package you don't get Individual Drive Mode, which allows you to define a custom drive mode with settings like Recuperation, Electric Sport Sound (if specced), etc. to your liking. Without Individual Drive Mode, you are subject to manually adjusting these settings every time you drive (if you want them set how you prefer them).

raymort

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo 2020
Country flag
Have you ever seen a 400v charger that can support more than 50kw charging? That is the only kind of chargers that this option will be used. If yes what brand/company was it?

Just to clarify, the EA chargers are 800v and this option is not needed for fast charging. Also other chargers like the 50kw ChargePoint DC chargers only support up to 50kw so again this option is not needed.
Yes

ReefMan

First Name
Harut
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5, Mercedes S560
Country flag
My 2 cents as I’m in process of specking my own car at the moment as well

aesthetics:
1. Black Gloss trim ( I know maybe not as imp on darker colors)
2. Pano roof (like the look on a white car) but I heard it’s not good in hot areas since it makes the not so powerful Air conditioner even harder to cool the cabin (I don’t have experience with this myself so maybe current owners can chime in)
3. Power charge port (I like the look) I know this closes the air vent below it but I like that dirt and small rocks won’t be kicked up through that vent onto the car. Again heard this may lower battery efficieny due to vent closure.
4. Model deletion or high gloss black
5. Pdls lights are a must (not sure why peeps not mentioning the lights).
* Some of these are included with the premium package so I would say that’s a must

Performance:
1. Battery plus- this is a MUST. Lease or buy. Even lease deals are better with a battery plus. I guess dealer uses higher residual with the batt plus option. But honestly you get about a 20% more efficient battery and the peace of mind. You guys have to remember it is recommended to ONLY charge to 85% charge which means you get even less miles so the difference is important.
2. Air suspension- your still buying a Porsche so this is a must or else if you worried about the extra $ just save some $ and get a Tesla
3. Rws- some people say it’s a must. I don’t care for it honestly. It’s only used at lower speeds so not a difference maker in my opinion. Yes you may need to back up and extra time to make the u-turn.
4. Sports chrono- wouldn’t buy a Porsche without it.
5. The 150kw fast charger- I know not much out there now but for the price why be left out of super fast chargers in a year or two. Something maybe you can leave out if leasing.
6. Lca and power folding mirrors. I don’t how this isn’t standard
7 the PVT- not sure if this matters in a rwd but heard it’s good for 4 wheel

hopefully I didn’t miss anything

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Performance:
1. Battery plus- this is a MUST. Lease or buy. Even lease deals are better with a battery plus. I guess dealer uses higher residual with the batt plus option. But honestly you get about a 20% more efficient battery and the peace of mind. You guys have to remember it is recommended to ONLY charge to 85% charge which means you get even less miles so the difference is important.
2. Air suspension- your still buying a Porsche so this is a must or else if you worried about the extra $ just save some $ and get a Tesla
5. The 150kw fast charger- I know not much out there now but for the price why be left out of super fast chargers in a year or two. Something maybe you can leave out if leasing.
Agreed. I vote model delete - cleaner look.

schad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, e-tron
Country flag
3. Rws- some people say it’s a must. I don’t care for it honestly. It’s only used at lower speeds so not a difference maker in my opinion. Yes you may need to back up and extra time to make the u-turn.
RAS does in fact operate at higher speeds. Below about 50km/h, the rear wheels turn in the opposite direction of the fronts; above 50km/h, they turn in the same direction.

https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/products/taycan/chassis-18561.html

This option is not for future-proofing ("super fast chargers in a year or two"), it is for backwards compatibility with legacy 400V fast charger networks they have in some parts of the world. We have very, very few of those in the US, and nobody is going to be building any more of them. The latest technology is 800V 350kW, which is what Electrify America uses and is natively supported by all Taycans -- no options required.

My advice is to drop this option and use it to pay for the folding mirrors, which I agree should be standard equipment.

dickp

First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dickpitini.com
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4
Country flag
RAS does in fact operate at higher speeds. Below about 50km/h, the rear wheels turn in the opposite direction of the fronts; above 50km/h, they turn in the same direction.

https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/products/taycan/chassis-18561.html

This option is not for future-proofing ("super fast chargers in a year or two"), it is for backwards compatibility with legacy 400V fast charger networks they have in some parts of the world. We have very, very few of those in the US, and nobody is going to be building any more of them. The latest technology is 800V 350kW, which is what Electrify America uses and is natively supported by all Taycans -- no options required.

My advice is to drop this option and use it to pay for the folding mirrors, which I agree should be standard equipment.
Totally agree with everything you are saying except for the folding mirrors. Can't see why you need them. I never park in decks however or tight places - is that why folks want them?

OP
OP
tibiafx1

tibiafx1

First Name
AC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Totally agree with everything you are saying except for the folding mirrors. Can't see why you need them. I never park in decks however or tight places - is that why folks want them?

I believe the majority of people get them to allow easy indication that their car is locked. Yes, this should definitely be standard.
My 2 cents as I’m in process of specking my own car at the moment as well

aesthetics:
1. Black Gloss trim ( I know maybe not as imp on darker colors)
2. Pano roof (like the look on a white car) but I heard it’s not good in hot areas since it makes the not so powerful Air conditioner even harder to cool the cabin (I don’t have experience with this myself so maybe current owners can chime in)
3. Power charge port (I like the look) I know this closes the air vent below it but I like that dirt and small rocks won’t be kicked up through that vent onto the car. Again heard this may lower battery efficieny due to vent closure.
5. Pdls lights are a must (not sure why peeps not mentioning the lights).
* Some of these are included with the premium package so I would say that’s a must

Performance:
6. Lca and power folding mirrors. I don’t how this isn’t standard
7 the PVT- not sure if this matters in a rwd but heard it’s good for 4 wheel

hopefully I didn’t miss anything
Great. I spec’d all of that except rapid charger torque vectoring. Thanks!

Viv S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera/Taycan
Country flag
My deal breakers (deciding to buy off the rack) were PremiumPackage w/14 way seats, adaptive cruise & power mirrors. Power charge port cover was highly desired (I got it), as was performance battery (didn’t get it).

AdaptiveCruise is the “gateway option” to other FoD driver assistance features if those are important to you.

Popular wisdom is to avoid the 400VDC charger in the US. My car came with the 19.2kW on-board charger which was a bonus for me as I was already set up for 80A charging in my garage; otherwise it will likely be of minimal use to you.

Would’ve added the night vision option if I had ordered because deer.
Hi, May I ask why the 400 VDC is not necessary? I thought it allows you to charge a lot quicker? I am about to get one and I am still working on all the options. Thank you.

cfp

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo '22 (ordered),MB E350, Mini Cooper SE
Country flag
Hi, May I ask why the 400 VDC is not necessary? I thought it allows you to charge a lot quicker? I am about to get one and I am still working on all the options. Thank you.
In the US, there is the Tesla Supercharger network, EA and then kinda everybody else. I think Tesla uses 400V systems with up to 250 kWh but you can’t use them. EA only uses 800V systems, regardless of kWh output so the Taycan is natively equipped for those. The general consensus is that any other 400V systems max out at 50 kWh which the Taycan can also accept natively. The use case is for a 400V charger that charges >50 kWh and up to 150 kWh. Apparently, there are almost none of those in the US. And going forward, the belief is that anybody adding new chargers that would output at 150 kWh or better would be using 800V (or better) technology.

Viv S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera/Taycan
Country flag
In the US, there is the Tesla Supercharger network, EA and then kinda everybody else. I think Tesla uses 400V systems with up to 250 kWh but you can’t use them. EA only uses 800V systems, regardless of kWh output so the Taycan is natively equipped for those. The general consensus is that any other 400V systems max out at 50 kWh which the Taycan can also accept natively. The use case is for a 400V charger that charges >50 kWh and up to 150 kWh. Apparently, there are almost none of those in the US. And going forward, the belief is that anybody adding new chargers that would output at 150 kWh or better would be using 800V (or better) technology.
But does that mean I still need to get the 150kw bc "By increasing the charging capacity to 150kW, the charging time is decreased? PS - I will be charging my car probably 95% of the time at home. Thank you.
Sponsored

Last edited: