Orwell

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I am told by my dealer that there is no refresh coming for MY24. What we are all seeing is the Taycan GT.
Sponsored

Jasper4S

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ST
Country flag
I am told by my dealer that there is no refresh coming for MY24. What we are all seeing is the Taycan GT.
Same here, they told me the same thing. What we might can expect is a software update with minor efficiency improvements

JonoNZ

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX M60, Audi RS3, Porsche Macan Turbo PR1X9KR5
Country flag
Same here, they told me the same thing. What we might can expect is a software update with minor efficiency improvements
I think they just want to sell you a car now, and not wait. If they don't refresh this year they will risk dwindling sales imo. If they don't refresh the Taycan, I'll go Macan GTS electric instead.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I think they're wrong. MY24 will be 2024 delivery. Press are already talking about it and besides it's due then.

Ompre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nothing
Country flag
Same question for me. A battery change or big Infotainment redesign would have the biggest impact on residuals for older ev models. So if Porsche moves to a larger pack in 2024, that adds 10-20% more range, then that would have a huge impact on earlier models.

It does seem that Porsche believes in more steady evolution with an eye toward long-term value. It was great to see that they rolled out the latest update to the entire Taycan fleet vs just 2023's. If that trend continues, then I don't think we have to worry about
I will agree with regular fuel cars. But competition in EV Marked is hard and Porsche needs a bigger battery for 1000hp model which outperform Model S. With the existing battery they will get 300-400km in 1000 Hp Taycan against 600km in the Model S Plaid, which means thtat they loose the technology game.

Also be aware of Model year. Audi introduced MY23 E-torn (old E-tron) 1 month before they released the Q8 e-torn. Pleas pressure dealer for dates and battery size.

Orwell

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Would GT be the high HP version?
yes.

tri-motor.

Of course, none of us try to be gullible idiots about what dealers say.
Here is additional information.
They said that they do indeed get information of changes coming about six-twelve months before they are released. For example, they know of the pending cayenne changes before I started seeing spy shots on the interwebs. Their information they represent as being told from the factory is that the next taycan will be the high-horsepower tri-motor.

When I have looked again at the reduced camouflage spy shots on the web, it looks more plausible that the changes being hidden are natural modifications to the front bumper/airdam and 'exhaust' (such as it is in a taycan).

I do not commit to my build until April (with June delivery) so we still have some time to get more information.

relatedly, I am not sure when I would want 1000hp for a 0-60 under 2seconds. I recently did a launch in a Lucid Air and that acceleration made me mildly nauseous.
Sponsored